William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 150,867 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Finished the audio drama.

Oy Vey

I give it 1/5

Perfect-Organism

Really?  I thought it was pretty good.  Certainly the interpretation was good, even if the overall story could have used another draft or two.  Do tell.

Huggs

Huggs

Well, a few things I can quickly think of would be

1. A terrible fake southern accent. Being a southerner, this was annoying.
2. Characters just standing around and seemingly calm while this lady changes into an alien right in front of them.
3. It seemed very uneventful overall.
4. I thought the station was supposed to be pretty big, but all of a sudden it's like there's only 8 people.

I have the utmost respect for Dirk. His work has been amazing and I enjoy it immensely, but I think this would've been a much better experience for me personally had it followed the more action heavy script and at least doubled the runtime. It really could've blown all the others out of the water. This just felt kind of empty and forced.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 01, 2019, 03:23:44 AM
Well, a few things I can quickly think of would be

1. A terrible fake southern accent. Being a southerner, this was annoying.
2. Characters just standing around and seemingly calm while this lady changes into an alien right in front of them.
3. It seemed very uneventful overall.
4. I thought the station was supposed to be pretty big, but all of a sudden it's like there's only 8 people.

I have the utmost respect for Dirk. His work has been amazing and I enjoy it immensely, but I think this would've been a much better experience for me personally had it followed the more action heavy script and at least doubled the runtime. It really could've blown all the others out of the water. This just felt kind of empty and forced.

Some valid points.  Point number two is by far the most contentious point for me.  It is too much, I agree.  However, if she went all Fifield, that might have made more sense.  I didn't catch the southern accent bit.  Who are you referring to?  I think Michael Biehn played an excellent role.  Lance Henriksen too, though you could tell his age through his voice.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 01, 2019, 01:40:33 AM
Finished the audio drama.

Oy Vey

I give it 1/5

Ouch.

Keyes

Keyes

Just got an e-mail from Amazon UK saying the hardcover collection for this now has an estimated release date in 1-2 months?! Bummer :(

May have to settle for the paperback elsewhere.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Might have to look somewhere local, Keyes. I picked up my hard-cover last week and love it. Love those concept sketches.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Keyes on Aug 09, 2019, 10:29:24 AM
Just got an e-mail from Amazon UK saying the hardcover collection for this now has an estimated release date in 1-2 months?! Bummer :(

May have to settle for the paperback elsewhere.
Hang tight. They messed up the orders for Gears of War Ascendance, as well. Then they reordered when they realised, and now it's available for next day delivery. You'll probably find it'll actually be delivered within a few days of release.

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 09, 2019, 10:38:45 AM
Might have to look somewhere local, Keyes. I picked up my hard-cover last week and love it. Love those concept sketches.

Did you pick yours up at Forbidden Planet?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

No, from my local independent store.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

^

5 Stars  * * * * *

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 09, 2019, 10:38:45 AM

Any chance you can throw up some pics of the book. The build and extras. That sort of thing ?

Hudson

Hudson

Just got the hardcover in the mail today. Looking forward to finally checking this out.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Hudson on Aug 10, 2019, 03:55:30 PM
Just got the hardcover in the mail today. Looking forward to finally checking this out.
I'm reading through it right now - as someone not terribly familiar with Gibson's script, it feels a little... disjointed, for some reason. I can't tell if that's the fault of the script or the adaptation, though.

My plan is to read through the comic, then read the script, then listen to the audio drama.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 10, 2019, 05:52:46 PM
Quote from: Hudson on Aug 10, 2019, 03:55:30 PM
I'm reading through it right now - as someone not terribly familiar with Gibson's script, it feels a little... disjointed, for some reason. I can't tell if that's the fault of the script or the adaptation, though.

My plan is to read through the comic, then read the script, then listen to the audio drama.
That's a good idea. I'm still planning on combining the audio drama and comic into an... Audio comic?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed