Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,892 times)

Baron Von Marlon

An X-Files approach might be something.
A government agency sends a small team to investigate the shady Weyland(-Yutani), coming across all kinds of stuff like a Company conspiracy, Engineer enthusiasts instead of ufo ones, crazy scientists and/or cult people obsessed with the xeno,...

Or a larger team approach like they did in Bones. Two main characters with others that come and go.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I'd like Fargo's detective thriller trope, but combined with the science fiction & political intrigue of The Expanse. In that show you have mystery, political background between different human factions (Earthers, Martians and Belters),  tech breakthroughs that seems possible;

...and even some kind of nano abomination of extraterrestrial origin, kinda better than black goo.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: David Weyland on Aug 08, 2021, 06:09:25 PM
Be interesting to see how WY bat off curiosity of the missing presumed dead 2000+ of the Covenant though

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was common for colony ships to just go missing.

Kradan

W-Y management is that shitty, huh ?

Some Old Dude

I'd love for something akin to True Detective an investigative piece that spans 20 years or so.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 09, 2021, 08:54:12 AM
W-Y management is that shitty, huh ?

I just expect it to be quite dangerous. At least early times when Covenant and Isolation is taking place. Ship and equipment failure. Failure on the planet when they get there. Etc.

But yeah, the bigger the company, the more inept the actual management.

HuDaFuK

Commercial aircraft crash fairly frequently even now. I see no reason why space travel would be any different.

It'd make the news, but it wouldn't necessarily be the only case.

David Weyland

The Covenant origins book make it seem the mission was unprecedented and make or break for the company but hey ho

Corporal Hicks

Ssshhhh. That book never happened.  :laugh:

David Weyland

That's what Weyland Yutani would say 😄

Voodoo Magic

Yes, but they have ears everywhere...

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 09, 2021, 12:27:01 PM
Ssshhhh. That book never happened.  :laugh:

The synthetic horses thing was neat af but not suited to Alien.

RabidNinja

My best guess is that Xenos will be a one-trick pony in this series while the cast take centre stage in a relatable yet dramatic setting that will coincide with death, backstabbing, betrayal, revelations and corporate jargon. Fair enough, if it creates a neutral view of WY, a company who, on the surface level are portrayed as an evil megalomaniacal corporation hell bent on capturing xenos for their bio-weapons division, while deeper more intricate workings are filled with moral class wars and stock market meltdowns.

A bigger concern would be the revelation of a shock value moment in the series for a main character to go "No....we are the aliens. We're the monsters.".

AT THE VERY LEAST. Give us half a season of a power outage with a lone xeno roaming a station, completely isolated from the rest of the world with the other characters having Game of Thrones level of survivability (A la Alien Isolation) or the aftermath of a corporation decision resulting in the deaths and impregnation of....gee, an entire colony?  ::)

Nightmare Asylum

Well, we are the aliens. ;)

RabidNinja

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed