Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,752 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 07, 2021, 06:51:38 AM
Covid is going to be f**king everything up again.  We are a pretty conservative state and we are already back to wearing mask at places of employment. 

It boggles the mind that there would even be a political distinction, but once again the USA proves it's number one, even at the really stupid, childish, bad things.

Kimarhi

If your talking about no unified response that is just the states being states.  It isn't quite true but they are actually run more like individual countries.  Part of a union, but also allowed to handle state business on their own. 

That said it is going to effect people working, people wanting or not wanting to work, shipping and transportation etc.  We've had a HUGE problem with shipping this year, and this year the pandemic has been lighter as a whole than it was last year in terms of shutdowns and mandates.  People just don't want to work until the whole thing is over.

I could go work in a warehouse for better money than I make now because it is getting so bad. :/

SpreadEagleBeagle

Yup. Sorry for getting political but anti-vaxers and anti-maskers really suck. We have poorer nations begging to get the vaccine, yet here we are in the west, whining about "government over-reach" and whatnot, prolonging the suffering when in reality we have the means to get back on track in a couple of weeks up to a month or two if everyone just put on their big boy/girl pants and get vaccinated. And if not, just effin' wear a mask indoors in public until it's over.

Anyways, my pessimistic estimate is that we won't see this TV series until the summer or fall of 2023.

David Weyland

David Weyland

If I was in charge I'd have a parallel third prequel film coincide and or link into the new series like some concerned & inquisitive family members of the Covenant crew & the 2000 colonists trying to find out what happened to them but being met by the deadly & secretive bureaucracy of Weyland Yutani...like I wonder who was in command of the company once the Prometheus set off never to return?
IMO this is a sweeter spot in the timeline to expand

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: David Weyland on Aug 08, 2021, 04:32:32 PM
If I was in charge I'd have a parallel third prequel film coincide and or link into the new series like some concerned & inquisitive family members of the Covenant crew & the 2000 colonists trying to find out what happened to them but being met by the deadly & secretive bureaucracy of Weyland Yutani...like I wonder who was in command of the company once the Prometheus set off never to return?
IMO this is a sweeter spot in the timeline to expand

Based on Weyland-Yutani forming in the pretty immediate aftermath of Prometheus, it seems that the vacuum in power left by the simultaneous disappearance of both Peter Weyland and Meredith Vickers much have left Weyland Industries in a pretty bad state of disarray. I know in the film Vickers mentions a sort of squabble for power among the various other prominent figureheads within the corporation, and whoever came out on top there, presumably, would have been the one to seek out expansion in the form of the merger with Yutani (Unless the offer came the other way around? With Weyland Industries in such a bad place that it was Yutani as the more stable company that swooped in and scooped them up?).

Immortan Jonesy

I am not a connoisseur of movie background material, so it was a surprise to me to learn that people on Earth knew about Prometheus. For some reason I thought it was a secret mission or something.  :laugh:

Daniels: Dr. E. Shaw.

Walter: Dr. Elizabeth Shaw. She was the chief science officer of the "Prometheus".

Daniels: The ship that disappeared.

Walter: Precisely, ten years ago. Weyland Industries.

Daniels: This isn't a Weyland ship. Dr. Shaw. How did she end up here?

I think a series about the investigation of some lost expedition or missing spaceship would be great. You do need the Alien somehow though. And that is one of the many reasons why I would like to see an anthology in the form of a tv show.

Nightmare Asylum

Back in the day I assumed that a Prometheus followup would be about a second ship (presumably from Yutani) sent in after the Prometheus went missing to recover assets/investigate what happened.

As for the people of Earth knowing about the Prometheus expedition, I'd imagine that the big 3 trillion dollar vanity project of Weyland's must have made some headlines, even if he himself was believed to be dead. :D Based on Vickers' own words though, it seemed it would probably be pretty common knowledge that she was on board and ducking out of the shareholders' squabbles.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 08, 2021, 04:57:49 AM
If your talking about no unified response that is just the states being states.  It isn't quite true but they are actually run more like individual countries.  Part of a union, but also allowed to handle state business on their own. 

That said it is going to effect people working, people wanting or not wanting to work, shipping and transportation etc.  We've had a HUGE problem with shipping this year, and this year the pandemic has been lighter as a whole than it was last year in terms of shutdowns and mandates.  People just don't want to work until the whole thing is over.

I could go work in a warehouse for better money than I make now because it is getting so bad. :/

I mean that there's broadly, a left-right partisan divide in opinion on this stuff to the point that the left are shrieking neurotics and the right are more interested in spiting the left than actually, like, being alive.

David Weyland

David Weyland

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 08, 2021, 05:20:51 PM
Back in the day I assumed that a Prometheus followup would be about a second ship (presumably from Yutani) sent in after the Prometheus went missing to recover assets/investigate what happened.

As for the people of Earth knowing about the Prometheus expedition, I'd imagine that the big 3 trillion dollar vanity project of Weyland's must have made some headlines, even if he himself was believed to be dead. :D Based on Vickers' own words though, it seemed it would probably be pretty common knowledge that she was on board and ducking out of the shareholders' squabbles.

Be interesting to see how WY bat off curiosity of the missing presumed dead 2000+ of the Covenant though

Easier to cover up the Prometheus as an in-house job

But Covenant is (Well do you think they're gonna live?😄) bigger crime against humanity than Nostromo & Hadleys Hope put together to gloss over

Nightmare Asylum

WY Press Conference: "The Covenant has safely reached Origae-6 and everyone on board has settled. What, no, of course you can't talk to them!"

David Weyland

They're undergoing a difficult transition right now

nanison

The ideas you guys are throwing around are not very appealing to me. What do I care about some shady company or some investigation into a missing ship. It should be about aliens. There should be suspense and horror and a bunch of characters you don't want to die.
I'd still watch it though  ;D

David Weyland

Quote from: nanison on Aug 08, 2021, 07:18:59 PM
The ideas you guys are throwing around are not very appealing to me. What do I care about some shady company or some investigation into a missing ship. It should be about aliens. There should be suspense and horror and a bunch of characters you don't want to die.
I'd still watch it though  ;D

I think regardless of idea or time, think they're gonna string us out over a number of episodes before they'll give you a bit of what you want

SpreadEagleBeagle

I actually hope that the show will be more of a corporate thriller and murder myster crime show in a sci-fi setting with steadily increasing aspects of sci-fi mystery and horror being introduced as the season proceeds. I really hope that it won't be action-heavy and too focused on origins and fantastical stuff. If it can channel the fear of the unknown and the eternal cold unforgiving darkness of space combined with the drudge and callousness corporate greed and human corruption and idiocy, I'll be happy. I personally hope that the series will be more like Fargo than Legion, if you know what I mean.

Kimarhi

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Aug 09, 2021, 12:18:06 AM
I actually hope that the show will be more of a corporate thriller and murder myster crime show in a sci-fi setting with steadily increasing aspects of sci-fi mystery and horror being introduced as the season proceeds. I really hope that it won't be action-heavy and too focused on origins and fantastical stuff. If it can channel the fear of the unknown and the eternal cold unforgiving darkness of space combined with the drudge and callousness corporate greed and human corruption and idiocy, I'll be happy. I personally hope that the series will be more like Fargo than Legion, if you know what I mean.

I think this is the most logical conclusion. 

You could add more political intrigue and human factions in later seasons.  Maybe Marine CID trying to stop WY from getting away with WY things but having to play a political game to do so.  That way you still keep series favorites in it, but don't go in with a bunch of guns blazing infantry Marines. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed