Official Box Art

Started by newbeing, Feb 09, 2012, 02:26:09 AM

Assuming this is the official box art what are your thoughts?

I love it!
28 (27.2%)
I like it
41 (39.8%)
I don't care
16 (15.5%)
I don't like it
17 (16.5%)
I hate it!
1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Author
Official Box Art (Read 29,185 times)

i notice one of the 4 marines is a girl, is that first confirmation of female marines? I'd certainly expect to be able to play as one if there's one on the cover, and i know a lot of people were hoping to be able to do that.
unfortunately the white background reminds me too much of the AVP movie poster

the zoomed in version on the console box is a lot better. with less white.

Stringer2355

Stringer2355

it's the same cover that was in the collectors edition photo

predator elite

predator elite

they should of made the cover with the marines in the hive aliens swarming in and egg infront of them with some of them opening

predxeno

predxeno

I'm not especially fond of this cover (it looks too much like the AVP2010 Hunter Edition cover), but I guess I could get used to it.

Ultragamer6

Ultragamer6

I don't mind it but the only thing is why does the guy in the middle have goggles on his helmet? does this represent some level of customization?

Berserker Pred

Berserker Pred

I think its pretty cool. I'd say its on par with aliens vs predator 2010s CE box art.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Berserker Pred on Feb 09, 2012, 04:09:15 PM
I think its pretty cool. I'd say its on par with aliens vs predator 2010s CE box art.

I'd say it's exactly the same.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Pretty good. Has that nice blue tint from the film.

dallevalle

dallevalle

I love it !!! couldent ask for more!.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, kinda lazy IMHO. Just the same Aliens graphic from the AvP CE edition. Good enough looking image but lazy none-the-less. Like the white though. Different style.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Well, I like the artistic style, but for an Alien game, it should be dark, brooding, atmospheric... not so bright and clean. :-/

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Amazon.co.uk and Play.com say that the game will be released on March 30th

HMV.com says the came will be released on August 1st

And thehut.com says it will be released on October 18th.

What gives? :P

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

No. That's outdated info.

shadowedge

shadowedge

I really love it. The alien head is striking and the cover makes excellent use of negative space.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: AvatarIII on Feb 09, 2012, 01:24:11 PM
i notice one of the 4 marines is a girl, is that first confirmation of female marines? I'd certainly expect to be able to play as one if there's one on the cover, and i know a lot of people were hoping to be able to do that.
unfortunately the white background reminds me too much of the AVP movie poster
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f7/Avpmovie.jpg

the zoomed in version on the console box is a lot better. with less white.

We've known about Bella for a while now and also there are female marines in the cinematic trailer.

I'm kind of on the fence about this cover. While I'm glad they went for something different the overall design feels very bland to me. There's no sense of tension or threat or dread. The marines in the cover are just walking down the hall with very neutral expressions and relaxed poses. Also blue and white are very calming colors.

The composition feels very uneven (too heavy on the left) and the monochromatic color scheme is making some of the details vanish (as seen with the weapons). There's also some weird perspective stuff going on with the inner jaw and the rest of the mouth. I actually preferred some of Xeno_kilelrs mock ups.

Then again this is just very nitpicky stuff.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed