Lorin Wood releases Aliens: Colonial Marines concept art developed with Syd Mead

Started by gold, Feb 06, 2020, 02:39:12 AM

Author
Lorin Wood releases Aliens: Colonial Marines concept art developed with Syd Mead (Read 8,645 times)

gold

https://lwoodesign.artstation.com/projects/gJ4g8P

https://lwoodesign.com/aliens-colonial-marines

Very cool how she captured the original Syd Mead design language used in the 1986 film and expanded on it.

RIP Syd.

SM

The Old One

The Old One

Great stuff.

Xenomrph

For all the games' problems, the art assets and design elements were not among them. I'd gladly buy a concept art book for Colonial Marines.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah definitely.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

This occurred to me years ago when first playing the game, but I only just remembered now:

Do you think the W-Y FTL Ship is intended to be a retconned redesign of the Patna from Alien 3 (which would mean it is also named Patna, actually)? Wouldn't make much sense, in-universe, for Michael Bishop to switch ships after carting the Conestoga class all the way to FIORINA 161.

Considering there are already two Conestoga class in the game, I can understand the desire to get a bit more variety and differentiation into the mix as well.

Corporal Hicks

They had been intending to design a new ship for the Patna, so it certainly wouldn't seem out of place for this to be the case. Not sure if that's an actual intent though.

The Necronoir

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 07, 2020, 09:30:15 AM
They had been intending to design a new ship for the Patna, so it certainly wouldn't seem out of place for this to be the case. Not sure if that's an actual intent though.

Interesting. I wonder why they didn't have one of the characters name-drop the ship, seeing as they went to all that trouble anyway.

It also just occurred to me that we get the sequence with Hicks arriving at the end of Alien 3 in the Stasis Interrupted campaign. Can't remember if we see Michael Bishop's ship during that part, and what it looked like it we did. If it's the FTL design though, I'd say that's pretty conclusive evidence that they tried to retcon the Patna design.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed