Game is selling more than Dead Space 2?

Started by Naissus, Feb 18, 2013, 01:06:52 AM

Author
Game is selling more than Dead Space 2? (Read 27,673 times)

demonbane

Quote from: Grey_Yautja on Mar 09, 2013, 03:39:47 PM
Quote from: Aceburster on Mar 09, 2013, 12:13:16 PM
I dont care how good the next Aliens or AvP game looks, im not pre-ordering or even buying it the first week until ALL the reviews are in and the players have spoken. This game is becoming the E.T of modern gaming and it shouldnt be forgotten.

Gamers have been at a tipping point for a long time now about how the industry works and id be shocked if there isnt long term damage beyond GBX and Sega. Its definitely turned me off to other games by getting burned for 90 bucks on A:CM and probably 800k more who are feelin it too. Even reviewers have woken up a little bit here lately.

I actually cancelled my HotS preorder just because Im so fed up with payin out the ass for 39.99 titles. Keep your preorder crap, your toys and boxes and hype and ill buy video games when they hit a reasonable price. Ill buy Dead Space 3 when it goes to Steam (never) and goes on sale for 15 bucks (never) because I only want the first half of the game and thats what its worth. Watched a 4 hour long LP of Crysis 3, aint no point in spending 60 bucks on another 4 hour game...

A:CM and a whole pile of other titles need to be buried in the desert with E.T and the whole industry is begging for an enema.

Um, not to nitpick or anything, but if you wait 'til all the reviewers evaluate a game when it comes out, and only later on buy the game, it's not a pre-order anymore. At least that's what it seems to me, 'pre-order' = 'before actual release'.

On topic, I agree with you, but only mostly because of this whole "Pre-order X game for Y bonus content" sorta deal that sucks tons of gamers and fans alike into purchasing crappy games like our turd-for-a-game A:CM. It's why I never pre-order anything.
As long as it is from solid series(not one from movie) or developers, then I pre order. But amount of pre order I did decreased a lot compared to past due to budge issue and great disappointment.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Elicas on Mar 03, 2013, 11:08:47 AM
Quote from: Aceburster on Mar 03, 2013, 08:56:58 AM

Im glad this game has gotten backlash the way it has. Prometheus got a pass for practically everything people hate about this game. Lies, half truths, bold statements from the people in charge, 90 degree turns in what the content was going to be like every 3 months, terrible nonsensical writing, trailers full of things not in the product, unused concept art thrown around like its gospel and if you buy more... youll get ALLLLL the answers baby.

but because it looks like ass... people ripped into it like wild animals. Of course the thing got great day 1 sales but unlike prometheus, they didnt dress up their shit sandwich with special effects before they served it.

If they were true fans they would fix it, but Fox doesnt seem to contract fans anymore. It got a nice day 1 in sales but thats hopefully as much as it ever gets. (without serious help)

Prometheus hardly got a free pass, there are a healthy section of the fans who can't stand it. Personally i'd rather have a A:R, AVP and AVP:R marathon on while playing A:CM than watch five more minutes of Prometheus ever again.

Prometheus did well because people love Ridley. It's got an average of 65/100 from critical reviews, so it hardly got a free pass from many reviewers. The film did well from very strong marketing, shiny shiny special effects that admittedly looked very good, and the hype train of the Alien franchise being back in the hands of the fellow who gave us the classic original.

I'd expect the follow up to do much worse, especially if they're still moving it 'farther away from Alien'. Prometheus barely had anything to do with Alien in the first damn place.

It's the difference between getting your hopes up over thinly veiled, carefully worded teases and out and out bald faced lies. They would have had to show crawling walls full of xenomorphs created JUST for the Prometheus trailers for this to be even in the same neighborhood.

At the end of the day, Prometheus was a decent science fiction movie with ties to Alien. (as advertised) And Aliens: Colonial Marines is buggy, sluggishly plodding, sometimes unplayable, brainless romp through corridors coated in visual nostalgia.

Aceburster

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Mar 09, 2013, 03:57:15 PM

It's the difference between getting your hopes up over thinly veiled, carefully worded teases and out and out bald faced lies. They would have had to show crawling walls full of xenomorphs created JUST for the Prometheus trailers for this to be even in the same neighborhood.

At the end of the day, Prometheus was a decent science fiction movie with ties to Alien. (as advertised) And Aliens: Colonial Marines is buggy, sluggishly plodding, sometimes unplayable, brainless romp through corridors coated in visual nostalgia.

Thats the point im making. The people behind Prometheus (Fox) were way more careful in their lines of BS than the people involved with A:CM (Fox) and at the end of the day (week 1) if the people at the top who are ultimately responsible for the marketing and direction (Fox) make a couple bucks from their audience (us) then ratings and content and quality are secondary motivators.

You must have been in tears after AvP:R came out because Fox wouldnt allow something worse than AvP for a quick buck right?

And in the end I guess it doesnt matter because weve since gotten Prometheus and A:CM to make up for it.

Its a slippery slope and if youre willing to compartmentalize a general business strategy im sure Fox will greenlight all you can eat.

demonbane

I saw Youtube comment saying "Gearbox announced that the game did not fail."
I heard one of the members saying that at least a million copies or more are required to cover investment.
I don't know. Is Sega happy with money they earned from sales or not?

PRI. HUDSON

This thing ain't turning a profit.

Shai`tan

I wouldn`t put much stock into anything anyone from GearBox has to say.  They have proven to not be very trustworthy....... obviously.

Local Trouble

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Apr 13, 2013, 05:13:04 AM

Maybe you should buy another copy.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: RC on Apr 14, 2013, 02:52:16 AM

Why would I do that?

demonbane

Are you working for Gearbox or Sega?

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: demonbane on Apr 14, 2013, 03:39:36 PM

Are you working for Gearbox or Sega?

I'd rather buy a cheap hooker than buy another copy of this game.

Local Trouble

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Apr 14, 2013, 07:38:36 AM

Why would I do that?

To help it turn a profit.

demonbane

Quote from: RC on Apr 14, 2013, 09:43:53 PM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Apr 14, 2013, 07:38:36 AM

Why would I do that?

To help it turn a profit.
So developers and publisher would get away with a crappy game? So they would pump out the same quality game, knowing that consumers are dumb sheep? So they would get away with deception and lie?
No, don't ever defend this crap. You are not asking gaming industry any favor. We must show justice brought upon these con artists.

ShadowPred

I'm sure RC is being sarcastic as all hell.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed