Game is selling more than Dead Space 2?

Started by Naissus, Feb 18, 2013, 01:06:52 AM

Author
Game is selling more than Dead Space 2? (Read 27,941 times)

Cellien

I'm sure Sega and Gearbox see it's sales potential now (to a greater degree).  Imagine had it been a good game, coming out strong like it did then gaining momentum after good press.  Even us fanboys are reluctant to spend money on the upcoming DLC.

PRI. HUDSON

Can't wait for Tomb Raider to blow ACM off the charts. It's getting 9's on multiple sites and it looks really good.

Bye bye, ACM!

ikarop

ikarop

Elicas

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 25, 2013, 10:48:24 PM
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41322/USA/

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41322/UK/

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41322/Germany/

I think that's around 465k copies according to them.

Wow, those numbers are pretty awful for a AAA FPS release. They need a minimum of 635,000 more sales to break even on the estimated $65,000,000 budget.

Cal427eb

That's not gonna happen.

Elicas

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 25, 2013, 11:08:22 PM
That's not gonna happen.

Indeed, and that was if they were getting the full $60 from every sale, which they sure as hell are not. They're looking at having undersold the budget by over a million copies. You'll be looking at a typical return of 50% at retail, very roughly. So far they'll have made around $13,950,000, which is a current working loss of $51,050,000. That's a hell of alot of ground to still make up.

My estimation is they need (if they're making $30 per $60 retail sale) 2,166,667 sales to break even on the investment (at a $65,000,000 investment). Not. Going. To. Happen.

PRI. HUDSON

Numbers ran into the 16th. It definitely sold more than 465K to this point. I would say it sold probably 600K after a week alone, maybe more. I want to see the numbers after a month because that will pretty much be the final tally. It's already tanking on charts. I read it was down 84% in the UK in the latest chart.

This game would be LUCKY to sell 1.2 million copies.

It's game over man, game over. LOL, perfect time to say that.

PRI. HUDSON

Those previous numbers from VG appear to be wrong. Just saw these on VG.

Sales through the 16th (4 days after release), 630,572.

Depending on how many people bought it late (week or 2)  this sad piece of crap may hit a million easily. Was kinda of hoping it would really tank and not sell that many.

Xenomorphine

Just checked the top sellers on Steam for here in the UK. A day or two ago, it was still in the twenties range. Right now, it's made a surprising sudden dip to around position 58!

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 01, 2013, 01:12:57 AM
Just checked the top sellers on Steam for here in the UK. A day or two ago, it was still in the twenties range. Right now, it's made a surprising sudden dip to around position 58!

I find it amazing that this game will probably break a million on hype alone despite being a sub-par game. I wish this game was half decent. It be selling a hell of a lot more than a million.

shadowedge

This game had a budget of $51,000,000?!? Is that normal for this kind of game? That is more than a large amount of movies...

Aceburster

The game isnt even showing up on the top 100 played on steam anymore. Gearbox needs to boot up a couple hundred copies or something. The thing didnt even last 17 days...

OpenMaw

Quote from: shadowedge on Mar 01, 2013, 03:23:00 AM
This game had a budget of $51,000,000?!? Is that normal for this kind of game? That is more than a large amount of movies...

That's what happens when you have a distended development cycle with 1500 companies fingering the pooch.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 01, 2013, 06:24:10 AM

That's what happens when you have a distended development cycle with 1500 companies fingering the pooch.

Sort of. I read AAA titles have between 75 and 100 million. This game should have been a lot better if it really got the rumored 65 million.

Aceburster

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Mar 01, 2013, 06:27:00 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 01, 2013, 06:24:10 AM

Sort of. I read AAA titles have between 75 and 100 million. This game should have been a lot better if it really got the rumored 65 million.

They could have at least outsourced it to Infinity Ward and gotten 9/10ths of a decent shooter rather than 1/3 of a bad one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed