AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 321,329 times)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

How did you get the pred costume?

And how did you do the shot of him falling from above? Will he cloak in this?

alexpj19

alexpj19

Unfortunatelly i couldnt afford a high quality mask so i bought one of thous AVP big masks for $50 and had to do some modifications to make it smaller and adding dradlocks. The jump was done in After effects, i panned camera from the roof down and when i was approaching the ground level i had friend of mine wearing a costume jump up as high as he could an land, than i took a still frame of him in the air and composited in to the scene when i was panning from the roof, as soon it reached predator i removed a still frame and switched to actual shot of him landing. Added shadow and motion blur, thats it.  The costume was home made for halloween originally, its made of card board   carefully covered with duck tape, all the details were also made of card board glued together and covered with duck tape, than the whole thing was painted with metallic spray paint (hammered metal ), than i went to my friends place and used his airbrush to paint the shadows, than with regular small brush i painted damage marks and rust. Body suite has just a "long Jones" thermal uderware  which was spray painted, and i used a velcro to hold  a shoulder pieces.
In this film Predator will be using Cloacking device  :)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: alexpj19 on Feb 10, 2008, 10:06:23 PM
Unfortunatelly i couldnt afford a high quality mask so i bought one of thous AVP big masks for $50 and had to do some modifications to make it smaller and adding dradlocks. The jump was done in After effects, i panned camera from the roof down and when i was approaching the ground level i had friend of mine wearing a costume jump up as high as he could an land, than i took a still frame of him in the air and composited in to the scene when i was panning from the roof, as soon it reached predator i removed a still frame and switched to actual shot of him landing. Added shadow and motion blur, thats it.  The costume was home made for halloween originally, its made of card board   carefully covered with duck tape, all the details were also made of card board glued together and covered with duck tape, than the whole thing was painted with metallic spray paint (hammered metal ), than i went to my friends place and used his airbrush to paint the shadows, than with regular small brush i painted damage marks and rust. Body suite has just a "long Jones" thermal uderware  which was spray painted, and i used a velcro to hold  a shoulder pieces.
In this film Predator will be using Cloacking device  :)
Would you be able to repaint the face to add depth?
Man, I have a camera, a greenscreen, Adobe Premiere, and Maya, but I am not able to do what you just did.

Any reason the aliens are CG? They also have masks for those. Well, they aren't good, but they can be tweaked.

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: alexpj19 on Feb 08, 2008, 10:12:16 AM
all of the "fast action" shots were just a simple tests, final shots with aliens will look completly different, here is a little test i did a few days ago  its a little bit better idea of what aliens will look like in this movie. 

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BU5emjK3MuI

Wow, looks awesome. You the same guy that did Alex vs Predator, cause I can see shots of that in the teaser.

alexpj19

alexpj19

yes, I did Alex versus predator as a test 2 years ago, i used a few shots as a temp filler, couse i dont have any action or fight scenes shot yet.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not keen on the AvP Alien design.  :-\

Cellien

Cellien

Best looking fan stuff for AvP I think I've seen.  My complaints are the Predator's movement, build, and costume quality (namely the helmet).  And as others suggested, the temporary Aliens aren't so hot.   But for a no-budget film, I'm amazed.  Can't wait to see the final product.  :)

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 14, 2008, 10:26:30 PM
Not keen on the AvP Alien design.  :-\

But cmon, for a fan film.

alexpj19

alexpj19

I got 5 more shots completed with cg environment. web site is on the way, and i'll be releasing a short slide show with new stills :)

As for predator moves, he will be moving differently more hunter like when he is in unknown environment on the mission (but not in his own ship ) i wish i could get a better costume, but this one i made myself, so i'll try te use it the best i can  :)

cheers.

War Wager

War Wager

I must admit I'm really looking forward to this! Whats the basic plot?

alexpj19

alexpj19

well the details of the plot is a secret, but the basic story line goes like this:
Predator character is an outcast , a lonely scout , looking for a mission worthy of a redemption in the yes of his clans elder. He finds an abandoned spaceship drifting in space, and going to check it out .

Stalker

Stalker

It's definitely got alot of potential, I like the way you introduced the trailer with the predator text against the space & distorted backgrounds, that was great. As for the actual fights & battles...the aliens look like they just fly through the air when they get hit. It looks a little strange to be honest, but considering that you're probably working with a limited budget, it's understandable. Some great work with the CG & use of the AVP music, it was put together really well, & I'll definitely watch the final film once it's finished.

alexpj19

alexpj19

Hey everyone , i've just posted first poster for AVP-redemption  in to "Fan Art" section under alien- predator artwork section, it should appear there any time now.

Enjoy ;)

Sgt.Torque Reikan

looks quite promecing this will be one of the greatest fan films in a while like S.E.E.D that was a pretty good one

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

S.E.E.D may have been good, but the story was just all over the place, you couldn't understand just what the hell was going on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed