Alien Identity - Alien Fan Film

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 14, 2015, 07:57:52 AM

Author
Alien Identity - Alien Fan Film (Read 44,571 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's been a long time since anything has been Foxed. AvP - Redemption actually reached out to Fox to make sure they were okay. As mentioned above, Predator: Dark Ages got through their Kickstarter without any bother (and from what I understand, they hadn't contacted the Dark Ages guys at all).

It's becoming more and more common practice for fan films to actually have involvement from some people in the film industry or people who worked on the original films (it's quite abundant in Star Trek fan films now) and to be crowd-funded. It's really increasing the quality of these projects.

And at the end of the day, it's a non-profit project, just for the love of the franchise.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Great to hear Ricco Ross is in this, always had a soft spot for Frost.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 30, 2015, 07:13:41 AM
It's been a long time since anything has been Foxed. AvP - Redemption actually reached out to Fox to make sure they were okay. As mentioned above, Predator: Dark Ages got through their Kickstarter without any bother (and from what I understand, they hadn't contacted the Dark Ages guys at all).

It's becoming more and more common practice for fan films to actually have involvement from some people in the film industry or people who worked on the original films (it's quite abundant in Star Trek fan films now) and to be crowd-funded. It's really increasing the quality of these projects.

And at the end of the day, it's a non-profit project, just for the love of the franchise.

As someone who's doing my own effort, I'm feeling increasingly secure about this aspect for today's generation of fan-films, yeah. The only part which worries me is whether mine might get taken down for the various pieces of music I'm going to have to use. 'Dark Ages' seemed to have its own composed soundtrack (and a great one, too), but lower-end projects without any real budget have to rely on existing scores.

It's just about the only aspect which might convince me to do a crowd-funding attempt. Original music probably goes a long way to getting around legal concerns, these days.

Corporal Hicks

New header on Facebook.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I know it's only half a face, but that doesn't look like Carrie to me. Is she playing a different character other than Newt?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah - Carrie is playing her mother in a flashback. Newt is being played by Elle Sonnet.

It's all in the article on the front page.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Should probably give that more than a skim read :P

Corporal Hicks

Generally helps.  :P ::)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

A new cast member has been announced, Patrick Kilpatrick playing Capt. Allen Grisham: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0453304/

I don't recognize him myself but he's been in quite a lot of stuff.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Henchman in Under Siege 2 who gets a knife to the throat :)

Ricco Ross is ageing well!

Corporal Hicks

He really does. I met him a few years back and he barely looks any different.

THE CITY HUNTER

This is turning into a new proper alien movie with all the actors coming funny it is a fan movie and that is pretty cool.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Couple more things over the last few days:

QuoteWriter/Director Adam Sonnet with Neville Page in his studio talking about art, films, and Alien Identity.

QuoteWe're very happy to reveal the first piece of Alien Identity art created by Ron Boyd.

Boyd is a very talented artist and we're grateful he's a part of our team.

We're also pleased to announce that one of the Kickstarter rewards will be an original full colored prequel companion comic book to our upcoming film.

They don't know who the artist is going to be yet but I love the idea.

Also the guys over at Perfect Organism did an interview with the Sonnet's.

https://soundcloud.com/perfectorganismpodcast/perfect-organism-episode-13#t=0:00

QuoteThis is a special episode. Jaime and Peter sit down and talk about ALIEN IDENTITY, a new tribute film that builds on the Alien saga lore. Adam Royce Sonnet, and Elle Sonnet, director and star graciously discuss their newest endeavor, and make a special announcement, exclusive only to Perfect Organism fans and listeners.
Sit back and enjoy. As always, thanks for your support.

I've only listened to the first half on my way to work so far.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 09, 2015, 08:29:45 AM

That's nice, but I don't know if the cartoony style is all that appropriate...

Murfy426

Murfy426

Good podcast got me really psyched about this. Jesus didn't realise that they were aiming to make it nearly two hours long. Wish them the best of luck in their production. Wonder when Hicks and co are gonna make another podcast, eagerly awaiting the new ear candy guys.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed