Hunting Grounds Patch Release Thread

Started by Wurd77, Apr 21, 2020, 04:11:11 PM

Author
Hunting Grounds Patch Release Thread (Read 28,607 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Enjoy on May 08, 2020, 11:01:32 PM
I want predators in camo pants as fireteam members. Jump n the trees wit a sniper gun

Enjoy

Enjoy

I  am ok with it

GreybackElder

The update feels pretty good to me. I play as the predator mostly and it feels that it fairs a little better against the fire teams than before. I appreciate the developers adjusting the "reinforcement time" For the fireteams. It also seems that the shoulder cannon 's targeting system is quicker but overall the shoulder cannon feels weaker.
- I know it's a pipe dream but it would be fun to have 2 predators hunting 2 fireteams on the same map.  The fireteams and/or the predators could team up to work together to escape or take each other out!  What do you guys think?
- also, anyone know how to unlock the skull trophies for the predator???

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: GreybackElder on May 11, 2020, 05:56:59 PM
The update feels pretty good to me. I play as the predator mostly and it feels that it fairs a little better against the fire teams than before. I appreciate the developers adjusting the "reinforcement time" For the fireteams. It also seems that the shoulder cannon 's targeting system is quicker but overall the shoulder cannon feels weaker.
- I know it's a pipe dream but it would be fun to have 2 predators hunting 2 fireteams on the same map.  The fireteams and/or the predators could team up to work together to escape or take each other out!  What do you guys think?
- also, anyone know how to unlock the skull trophies for the predator???

The skulls and various trophy cosmetics are specifically from the crates. If there are any other ways to get them we just don't know.

An idea for Predator cosmetics though, what about a Predator trophy that is a Predator skull or a broken helmet? Maybe even a wrist blade. There's nothing in the game to suggest the Predator isn't a bad blood. It might not work with the skulls and trophies being on the side but maybe they could have it that the skull is worn on a shoulder or mounted on the back. Maybe you could get the trophy for a hypothetical Predator versus Predator game mode.

Corporal Hicks

General
        [PAID DLC] New playable character - Dutch
        [Early Access w/ PAID DLC] New unlockable weapon - Hammerhead
        [Early Access w/ PAID DLC] New unlockable weapon - Dutch's Knife
        New feature - Challenges
        New unlockable tapes - Dutch Tapes
        Performance improvements for all platforms
        Movement controls are now rebindable in the controller mapping menu
        Players can now leave the match during the after action report
        Made improvements to the weapon wheel to make it easier to navigate
        Added a clear all new items notifications button
        Made improvements to AI accuracy
        Reduced damage from Heavy Guerillas
        Increased amount of Veratanium awarded for small and medium pickups
        Increased amount of bonus Veratanium awarded at the end of the match
        Added numeric feedback to many sliders in the settings menu
        Switched from FXAA to TXAA on PS4
        Improved performance on customization screens due to having too many new items
        Improved rotation of weapons when adding attachments in the customization menus
        Numerous crash fixes and stability improvements
        Fixed an issue that was occurring with new item notifications
        Fixed an issue where the default button to activate 2x EXP was the same button used to disband party
        Fixed remapping controls in-game not always applying and not updating widgets
        Fixed a bug where certain items in the customization menu would not have any information shown if you don't have enough Veritanium to purchase it
    Fireteam
        General
            Decreased maximum ammo for all Fireteam guns
            Updated after action report to include individual player damage to Predator
            Interacting can now interrupt reloading (so you don't get stuck reloading when trying to get to the chopper)
            Fixed an issue that allowed Fireteam members to fire their guns abnormally fast
            Fixed a bug that caused camera jittering when the player is spectating the last player alive
            Fixed a bug where the wrong player information would sometimes be shown while spectating
            Fixed a bug where the Ammo Bag gear item was supplying too much ammo
            Fixed an issue where the muddying up interaction prompt would become unavailable after cancelling the muddy up action part way through
        Classes
            Assault
                Removed class attribute Teammate Revive Speed
                Added class attribute Secondary Weapon Damage
            Scout
                Removed class attribute Secondary Weapon Damage
                Added class attribute Teammate Revive Speed
    Predator
        General
            Increased the cost to equip the perk Impenetrable
            Increased the cost to equip the perk Height Advantage
            Updated VFX for Predator melee weapons
            Predator can no longer leap while ADSing
            Reduced brightness of Second Wind glow on Predator
            Added per-weapon slot selection keybinds for keyboard
            Fixed an issue that caused Second Wind to not activate properly if the Predator is downed by AI when no Fireteam members are nearby
            Fixed an issue that caused the Predator to slide after performing a Leap Slam
            Fixed an issue that allowed you to cancel a slam animation early by leaping again
            Fixed a bug where the Predator could sometimes become permanently cloaked after performing a stealth kill
            Fixed a bug where the HUD would appear during the ending cinematic
            Fixed an issue where the Predator would not appear in the ending cinematic after the player has left the game
            Fixed a bug that caused the Predator's stamina to regenerate slower than normal if the player swapped to a melee weapon immediately after firing a ranged weapon
        Weapons
            Elder Sword
                Increased damage
                Increased attack range
                Made adjustments to combo timing, attack angles, and melee lock-on
            Smart Disc
                Increased rate of damage for thrown Smart Disc
                Increased melee damage
                Increased projectile health
                Fixed an issue that caused the Smart Disc to move slower than intended when playing on dedicated servers
                Fixed a bug where certain parts of the Predator would not remain cloaked after throwing the Smart Disc
            War Club
                Increased attack range
                Made adjustments to combo timing, attack angles, and melee lock-on
        Classes
            Berserker
                Reduced passive melee damage
    Audio
        Updated Predator's Yautja Bow audio
        Updated Predator's Net Gun audio
        Updated Predator's melee weapons audio
        Decreased attenuation falloff distance for cloak/vision mode activation
        Reduced the music volume while playing OWLF tapes
        Decreased Predator clicks and healing SFX falloff radius
        Fixed a bug that caused the Motion Tracker to ping excessively
    Matchmaking
        Players will now show up in the lobby while they're loading (instead of waiting until after they have loaded in)

https://forum.predator.illfonic.com/t/patch-notes-1-08/8038

Kailem

Some good changes there, especially the buffing to a few of the Predator's weaker weapons. Hopefully this'll make them a bit more viable than they have been up until now.

Voodoo Magic

Let's hope!

Kailem

Well after playing for several hours, I can say that I've definitely noticed the improved visuals on PS4.

Everything just looks cleaner, sharper and with way less jagged edges than it did pre-patch. It's noticeable even in the menus. Even though the framerate doesn't seem to have changed overall it looks a lot closer to the quality of the PC footage I've seen now than it did previously, so that's great.

seattle24

Quote from: Kailem on May 27, 2020, 05:45:52 AM
Well after playing for several hours, I can say that I've definitely noticed the improved visuals on PS4.

Everything just looks cleaner, sharper and with way less jagged edges than it did pre-patch. It's noticeable even in the menus. Even though the framerate doesn't seem to have changed overall it looks a lot closer to the quality of the PC footage I've seen now than it did previously, so that's great.

100% agree. I'm actually beginning to appreciate the visuals more, the scope and vividness of the jungle is impressive. And now they've refined some of the rougher edges it is finally looking like a PS4 game.

Voodoo Magic

Improved visuals couldn't have come at a better time too.

shadowedge

The wait times are soooooo much better post patch! 2 minutes to play as Predator and 25 seconds as fireteam!

Kailem

Yep, they're way, way better. Around two minutes on average to get into a match as Predator compared to the "eight if you were lucky" pre-patch is really, really good.

Voodoo Magic

A lot of Predators want to be Dutch now.

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 28, 2020, 07:31:42 PM
A lot of Predators want to be Dutch now.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FlusteredEthicalDowitcher-max-1mb.gif

#DoubleDutch

One bad thing with this new patch is that it seems to have introduced a bug for both the Support and Berserker classes where you can't equip your third gadget, so hopefully they get that sorted out asap.

Voodoo Magic

I noticed something was up when my Berserker went hunting without its traps! >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed