When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel?

Started by Daszkowski, Sep 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Author
When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel? (Read 74,518 times)

Highland

I didn't mind Bloms art. Was quite good. The entire Franchise has been bangin on about using Aliens as Bioweapon for 40 years yet nobody took a stab at it.

Scorpio

Scorpio

They're making another one, this all but confirms it.

If you were Fox, would you rather go with Ridley Scott, who has Blade Runner and All the Money in the World coming out this year, likely to be hits.  Not to mention Scott's prolific career.

Or Neill Blomkamp, who's last (and only) successful movie was District 9, which came out 8 years ago.  And has been stuck doing short films since 2015 because Hollywood don't want him anymore.

Yeah, Alien Covenant was a 'disappointment', but it still did better than both Elysium and Chappie.

Alien 5 is just not going to happen, not under Blomkamp's watch.  Ageing b-movie actor Michael Biehn and a minor character from a movie 30 years ago just isn't going to draw the crowds.  It's a wonder why Fox greenlighted it in the first place (maybe they were expecting Chappie to be a big hit lol).

Highland

Highland

Scott's not directing Bladerunner. They don't have to go with Blomkamp or even those actors. They could still use that story though or something similar.

I think maybe a better idea is to take it away from being a big budget project, give an up and coming director a 70-100mil and tell him to make a character driven horror.

SM

QuoteAnd most of us strike Res from the record.

I think you'll probably find "most of us" don't.

Scorpio

Quote from: Highland on Sep 21, 2017, 12:32:45 AM
Scott's not directing Bladerunner.

He's Executive Producer on Blade Runner. 

gantarat

ofc ! fox/ridley will make final prequel movie but when ? 2022 ?

PierreVW

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Sep 20, 2017, 06:45:37 PM
It's easy Fox. Ripley, adult Newt, Hicks, a dash of Bishop, a cameo from an old David model, a cool corporate villain, Blomkamp directing and Scott producing, presto.

We all want that, and to those that don't, they're going to want it eventually.

I don't want that. Blomkamp is too mediocre. If you want a copy of James Cameron: try Zack Snyder or Michael Bay.

Highland

Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 21, 2017, 12:53:27 AM
Quote from: Highland on Sep 21, 2017, 12:32:45 AM
Scott's not directing Bladerunner.

He's Executive Producer on Blade Runner. 

Yup. Basically nothing then.

Bluray

whiterabbit- I like where you're headed. Personally, I'd like to see David meet his demise by the inner jaws of the big chap in a "meets his maker" sort of way. Not only was the perfect recipe/organism created long ago, he gets to be in it's presence...

And it's gotta be the 79' "metal tubes protruding from lower jaw" big chap. They can 3d scan the original silicon suit for all I care. I want that exact aesthetic. No ferngully organic alien. Full biomechanoid lol.

Scorpio

Not exactly, no.

Adam802

Get rid of Ridley and abort the 'Prometheus' prequel movies ASAP!

Scorpio

Not gonna happen.

Whos_Nick

Alien films can easily work off a 40-60 million budget, go back to the roots of the franchise and what made the beast scary.

SM

What's that then?

Nostromo

Very decent storyline, a few acting gaffes, but the cgi and mindless alien scenes mostly ruins this movie...mostly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed