The unused Alien 3 scripts

Started by Snore, Jan 15, 2007, 04:23:19 AM

Author
The unused Alien 3 scripts (Read 5,719 times)

Snore

Snore

Anyone have any opinions, comments, complaints, or have even read these scripts?

I've read three of them so far: The William Gibson draft (Hicks and Bishop running around fighting Xenos on a Space Mall), the Eric Red draft (the very weird one where the Alien is doing it's impersonation of The Thing by genetic control of other lifeforms and even spaceships and space stations) and the Vincent Ward draft that eventually mutated into the final story.

I'd give my thoughts on them now, but I'll wait until we can actively exchange opinions and try to make as much sense to eachother as possible.

SiL

SiL

I've read all of the drafts - Red, Ward, Picket, Twohy, Gibson, etc. and honestly think the script we got was probably the best of the lot.

Gibson's should be used as a good example of why Hicks had to die: He turned into John freaking McClane in space. He even said that his script was pretty much Die Hard in space anyway. And the airborne Alien spores, upgrading Aliens ... ew.

Red's script was a mess. Looked like it'd been written by an epileptic five years old. And all the Alien mutations were ludicrous. Set in a small mid-western town ... IN SPACE! Dun dun duuun.

Ward's was okay. Illogical in places, and the animal Aliens just ... wow. God no. But for the most part, okay.

Picket's was hacked up and made into the movie.

Twohy's was pretty decent, but again with the poor creature Aliens. And the Alien being able to dislocate itself and squeeze through metal bars didn't seem to make any sense.

Darkness

Darkness

I've only heard about the Ward script, the one with the Sheep alien. That was enough for me. Buy yeah, like Sil, says Alien 3 could have been a lot worse than what we got.

Snore

Snore

Indeed.

I also can't stop laughing at some of the bad dialouge in Red's script.

"I'm the Robot Man, and I'll crush your face."

"It's breeding itself!"

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Snore on Jan 15, 2007, 03:59:13 PM
"It's breeding itself!"
Someone should have told Red to go "breed" himself after crapping out that script.

Snore

Snore

As a matter of fact, Red's in prison, I think.

On Wikipedia, it said he drove his car into a Bar "in a fit of blind rage" and killed a guy.

Besides, giving the nature of that particular line, we don't want a half dozen Eric Reds running around Hollywood.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah. I've read all of 'em. It made me appricate A3 even more. I'm reading 'em again to do an A3 script page for Galaxy but some were entertaining and some were just...well, like I said, they made A3 all that more impressive to me.

Ward's script! Absolutely f**king hated it! It was ridiculous beyond belief.

tucko

tucko

I don't know where to find any of the scrits you are talking about.Any hints of where to find them.

Snore

Snore

Quote from: tucko on Jan 19, 2007, 02:34:17 PM
I don't know where to find any of the scrits you are talking about.Any hints of where to find them.

Here's a site. Not quite sure it's all of the scripts, though.

http://www.horrorlair.com/moviescripts_a_f.html

Right near the top, you can't miss the five "Alien 3"s in red.

tucko

tucko

Quote from: Snore on Jan 19, 2007, 03:26:10 PM
Quote from: tucko on Jan 19, 2007, 02:34:17 PM

Here's a site. Not quite sure it's all of the scripts, though.

http://www.horrorlair.com/moviescripts_a_f.html

Right near the top, you can't miss the five "Alien 3"s in red.

Tenx!;)

SM

SM

Gibson -  :P
Twohy - Not bad for a first draft.
Red - Utter  :P
Ward - Fascinating, but too hard to justify some aspects

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed