Doe's anyone actually really feel good about this?

Started by I am Mother, Dec 20, 2007, 03:44:53 AM

Author
Doe's anyone actually really feel good about this? (Read 6,129 times)

mightydreadlock

The concept of AVP is a bit flimsy but it could be executed in the right way, making it a sci fi classic. Give it to me Fox, i'll handle the concept :P.

Wraith

As i am already known as doubter of this film, i must point out that il leave my final judgment until ive seen the movie, the only thing that f**ks me off is the settings, and the obvious pwnage of the Aliens via Wolf. Sure from what we've seen there are quite a few redeeming factors of this movie although there is more negative than there is positive, i mainly blame fox and salereno or however the way you spell, and too a certain extent, ADI for the shatty looking alien warriors, though im gonna say this any way cause i am an uber fan of the orignal giger alien.

But, i think its great we all have different views of this film, i love to read both positive and negative views. Both have very good points.

$cHm0cK

$cHm0cK

I posted in the Past in some Place my "view" how i would make an AvP movie or how like it.

Simply ... a big flyable Space/Science Station in Space get a "signal" or anomalies from a unknown Planet. They investigate it by sending some shuttle/transporter with some mens etc. They find Eggs and some of them get hugged. So they fly back to the station and the whole crisis begins. Similar to Alien/Aliens. The Station can send some emergency singal out until they are overrun completely. So some Rescue Team is send to investigate the Situation. Shortly after they arrive some predator ship with 3 - 4 Preds on it (one is an elder) discover the station random ... they were hunting on a near Planet before. So they get the emergency Signal too and investigate it. And there the whole thing starts. First, some Preds kill some Marines, Aliens are showing up etc. The Human have to escape ... get to their tranport ship and so on. How the Movie ends? Last Preds found the hive and the queen, fight with her ... the last Pred is the elder striking the queen down ... well the pred think that but it shows the queen is stil alive and nail the elder pred with the tail ... self destruction! Last Humans (Marines who survived and some scientists from the station) fly away witht he transporter and survive the explosion.

greetz

Clydewyman

Quote from: marrerom on Dec 20, 2007, 03:47:16 AM
yes, the crossover was a huge mistake.

I had to agree, because after Paul Anderson's Alien vs. Predator was released 3 years ago, there was controversy amongst the fan base and it is still going strong and will never end. And of course, there are many death threats sent to Paul too.

And if the sequel turn out for the worse, then I would have to stick out my head and say that Salerno would definitely be on the fans' next hit list. Just hope that Strause Brothers' upcoming AVP3 would be a success.

Predator-S

For me it's a brilliant concept. It has really a great potential and if it's done right with the exact people it could be something really special. But as we know FOX is shit and isn't investing anything in these movies anymore and couldn't care less about the franchise.

For this kind of film to sucseed it needs a good script, experienced actors and a really talented director. And a budget of at least 70 million of course. It should be based directly on the AVP2 game, there's so much that could be done.

It's a shame that with so much potential this is all we're getting.

Porkus Maximus

QuoteIt should be based directly on the AVP2 game, there's so much that could be done.

You lost all credability with that statement and confirmed one of my biggest gripes.

Nobody gives a flying f**k about the Alien universe, atmosphere or mythology anymore.  All people want to see is the creature, they don't care what context it's used in and they either don't realise or don't care that doing this degrades it down to a B-movie status.  Simply putting the Aliens in space and saying "DONE!" is not enough.  For any movie involving an Alien to be truely successful, whether it be a pure Alien movie or AVP, you need the dark, oppressive, gothic atmosphere that was present in Ridley's and Fincher's movies.  Protip:  Simply setting your film at night and having shitloads of rain does not create the same atmosphere.

Predator-S

Why don't you give us a good script then? The Alien can't be mystified again because it's been exposed too much already and people will bitch 'BUT WE DIDN'T GETZ TO SEEZ NO ALIENZ'. I really don't think it will fit well in the AVP concept.

Porkus Maximus

QuoteThe Alien can't be mystified again because it's been exposed too much already and people will bitch 'BUT WE DIDN'T GETZ TO SEEZ NO ALIENZ'.

So Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 didn't show enough of the Aliens?

Blaz

To the general audiences, probably not. The later films to more of a degree yes, but I remeber talking up Alien to some person once, and when they finally watched it, were all bummed out 'cause the alien has such small actual screen time. They simply don't understand the less you see, the creepier it is sadly...

Predator-S

You're missing my point. It did show a lot of the Alien and that's why people will expect to see it again. How can it be mystified without being boring?

Predator-S

The concept itself implies that this is a hard action movie, not a 'Humans vs. Mysteryious Shadows' one.

gases

Quote from: $cHm0cK on Dec 20, 2007, 09:09:22 AM
I posted in the Past in some Place my "view" how i would make an AvP movie or how like it.

Simply ... a big flyable Space/Science Station in Space get a "signal" or anomalies from a unknown Planet. They investigate it by sending some shuttle/transporter with some mens etc. They find Eggs and some of them get hugged. So they fly back to the station and the whole crisis begins. Similar to Alien/Aliens. The Station can send some emergency singal out until they are overrun completely. So some Rescue Team is send to investigate the Situation. Shortly after they arrive some predator ship with 3 - 4 Preds on it (one is an elder) discover the station random ... they were hunting on a near Planet before. So they get the emergency Signal too and investigate it. And there the whole thing starts. First, some Preds kill some Marines, Aliens are showing up etc. The Human have to escape ... get to their tranport ship and so on. How the Movie ends? Last Preds found the hive and the queen, fight with her ... the last Pred is the elder striking the queen down ... well the pred think that but it shows the queen is stil alive and nail the elder pred with the tail ... self destruction! Last Humans (Marines who survived and some scientists from the station) fly away witht he transporter and survive the explosion.

greetz

I like it. Maybe the preds were listening to the humans distress signal (like our survalience).

neoryu33

The franchises need to be separated.  There is no way to adequately satisfy both fanbases collectively.  But, the casual moviegoer is not a member of this site or sites like it.  Therefore AvP-R will probably do just fine considering the budget.

This movie has had SO much whining attached to it.  If the movie fails, hopefully they pull the plug on the concept.  The creatures' mystique has been ruined anyway.  I think the Strauses worked hard to make an entertaining movie for the average moviegoer.  Catering to fanboys like us seems to have been secondary, though they did so with admirable intentions.

nukem11

Quote from: Craig on Dec 20, 2007, 03:48:14 AM
It's a cool concept, it just needs to be executed correctly.

Yep very true. I think its cool that they made these films because they didn't seem to be doing any sequels after pred 2 and alien 4 so it was gonna happen especially with the alien skull on the pred ship.
I think AVP 2 has shown this cross over has good potential to be great and fun but that's all you can never expect them to become classics like the originals.
I think its ok to put them into the alien and pred timeline but not too much they still need to be stand alone films other wise they could ruin the originals. 
Still wonna see AVP out in space but Im glad this one looks more fun than the first AVP.

Venenoso

Quote from: $cHm0cK on Dec 20, 2007, 08:37:38 AM
I love the Idea putting the 2 most terrifying Creature in one Movie fighting each other! I just watched PREDATOR yesterday. And it just showed me again .. that there is smth. missing now! Yes .. Aliens! AvP is a great concept imo ... it just needs to be done correctly ... i'm looking forward to AvP3 because it seems there is a good chance, we will have it in Space ... hopefully with some USCM guys .... cool characters like hudson/hicks etc.

greetz
Hmm I never have that feeling. Predator is a perfect standalone, when I watch the old Predator & Alien movies I never  think "damn I wish we had Aliens in this" or "it would be much cooler if this Alien movie had a Predator in it". Those films were best when they were separated, but that's too late now. No way in hell a guy like Jim Cameron would ever helm an Alien movie again, because of AvP. And that means we won't ever see that class-type of film of neither franchise again  :-\

I just hope AvP3 will have a huge budget so we can get some decent actors in it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed