ALIEN - The Message (Read 1,207 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

SiL

SiL

Looks pretty decent! I'll have to try squeeze this in on a lunch break

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

This was great, a real cat and mouse chase.

The Alien was intelligent and had movements akin to both Isolation and the original film. Fast and furious when needed but stalking and slow when investigating. The animation has a hiccup here and there but overrall, this was a damn good fanfilm with a decent length.

The ending
Spoiler
adds some interesting info as well, like how the nostromo was not the first ship sent by the company to investigate LV-426.
[close]

Hope fox doesn't do anything against these folks, in fact I believe this little fanfilm should be accepted similar to the alien shorts.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I actually remarked to some buddies a couple days ago that I found the Alien a bit unintelligent in spots. But overall, I enjoyed it! :)

SiL

SiL

It probably didn't need to be 42 minutes long and it definitely didn't need a scene of her knocking the Alien out with a stool.

Like what the f**k.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I agree that was a very unlikely thing to happen but strong as they are, Aliens don't have super anchoring so they can be knocked back. I think she hit it twice, once to stun it and the second blow knocked it to the floor. I'll take another look now.

EDIT.
The Alien lunged for her and its own momentum knocked it into the wall when it is struck across the head. Emily then stunned it with a downward strike.

SiL

SiL

If you could knock them out by smashing them with stools they wouldn't be much of a threat.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

How so? the ability to get knocked out doesn't diminish any lethal capability they have. You can knock out all sorts predatory animals with a large blunt objects and a bit of luck, but they can still kill you easily. They are mortal after all.

SiL

SiL

Imagine if the Nostromo crew just bludgeoned it into unconsciousness and dragged it to the airlock.

Or if the prisoners in Alien3 had just smacked the runner over the head with the chairs in the mess hall and thrown it into the furnace.

Or in that same movie, if she just kept knocking it out to escape. She only thinks to do it the once, and that first time didn't seem to take any particular luck.

Not to mention it's grossly inconsistent with what we see in all other media. Absolutely terrible idea.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

But you're forgetting that circumstances count too which is what I am getting at. I am saying that while it is unlikely and probably suicidal in most situations, it is not impossible to stun an alien with physical force. What I see in that fanfilm is not that absurd.
The alien was lunging forward, its weight going forward, all she did with that first strike was cause its own momentum to knock it sideways into the wall. Also she
Spoiler
was alone and dying, she was actively goading the alien, whereas the Nostromo crew and prisoners wanted to survive and so were beholden to their own fear of the creature.
[close]

SiL

SiL

Celtic slammed Grid's head through multiple basalt columns and it did nothing.

Runner had two tons of lead dropped on its head, jumps right out.

Small woman hits an Alien with a bar stool and knocks it out cold. The fact she could even redirect its mass in motion with that first swing is goofy on its own.

It is ridiculous.

TC

TC

Nice.

It's like a tribute band getting on stage to emulate their idols.

Nothing new to see. Just the hits.

Exactly what you expect from a fan film. I enjoyed it on that level.

TC

SiL

SiL

They got some gorgeous shots onto it.

Halve the length and it would've been pretty much perfect I think.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 06, 2021, 05:16:27 PM
This was great, a real cat and mouse chase.

The Alien was intelligent and had movements akin to both Isolation and the original film. Fast and furious when needed but stalking and slow when investigating. The animation has a hiccup here and there but overrall, this was a damn good fanfilm with a decent length.

The ending
Spoiler
adds some interesting info as well, like how the nostromo was not the first ship sent by the company to investigate LV-426.
[close]

Hope fox doesn't do anything against these folks, in fact I believe this little fanfilm should be accepted similar to the alien shorts.
Thanks for using the "Spoiler" option!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed