Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 16, 2020, 08:06:38 PM

Author
Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay! (Read 89,308 times)

Xiggz456

Still waiting on the hard cover (it's ordered though) and I agree that the final three DH releases had some awesome artwork. As for the pacing, to me at least, it matched up with the slow burn of the first film (which can make for a somewhat uneventful issue or two) but I enjoyed the art enough that even the "boring" parts were interesting to look at. I don't know about you but I was always playing "where's Jonesy" throughout those panels  :laugh:

BlazinBlueReview

Finished this today. It was a very solid read. Made me appreciate the differences as well as my love for that original film.

The design for the Alien was different enough. It did feel a little bland. Kinda reminded me of the monsters from Pitch Black.

The Space Jockey design was very cool. Yorick.

I would honestly love to see a continuation of this story. But unfortunately never will.

Overall it felt like there was a touch of what the Prequels did mixed with the original film.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: BlazinBlue88 on Dec 07, 2020, 05:19:56 PM
Finished this today. It was a very solid read. Made me appreciate the differences as well as my love for that original film.

The design for the Alien was different enough. It did feel a little bland. Kinda reminded me of the monsters from Pitch Black.

The Space Jockey design was very cool. Yorick.

I would honestly love to see a continuation of this story. But unfortunately never will.

Overall it felt like there was a touch of what the Prequels did mixed with the original film.

The monsters from Pitch Black, kinda remind me of... Alien.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Finally got around to reading this and we did a podcast about it today. I'm going to be ranting a bit about this one.

Take a guess why...

Spoiler

[close]

BlueMarsalis79

"You gotta be f**king kidding me."

RidgeTop

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed. Not even this one is safe. Maybe even the Space Jockey is a tracing of something that someone did outside all of this.

Whiskeybrewer

Bloody hell i didnt notice that

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

The USCSS Prometh....err..Snark.

BlueMarsalis79

SiL

If they were going to trace, at least trace concept art for the actual script they were working on...

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: SiL on Mar 21, 2021, 10:03:34 AM
If they were going to trace, at least trace concept art for the actual script they were working on...

I bring up this very point in the podcast. It's said in the forward that they were trying to get away from Cobb and Moebius, but then we have all these ship exteriors and interiors we've seen before mashed together. At least give us some early underrepresented designs like the Foss stuff if you're going to be copying those elements.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 21, 2021, 01:19:10 AM
Bloody hell i didnt notice that

Same. RT does a heck of a job spotting this stuff.

Kailem

The Prometheus/Snark landing I noticed when I read it, but not any of the others. I still liked the comic overall, but this does take some of the sheen off for sure.

Prez

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed