Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2019, 12:59:28 PM

Author
Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler (Read 88,726 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: David's Creation on Jan 27, 2021, 09:41:35 PM
I'm an Alien purist who doesn't collect any AVP books, but I loved Phalanx...

*twitch*

Nukiemorph

Kradan

Kradan

Voodoo Magic

Yet it's entertaining!  ;D

The Cruentus

Spoiler
The population thing is interesting, its not really enough people for long term genetic diversity. Inbreeding was going to be inevitable.

Also there may be just a tiny mistake here.  Only one-hundred and nineteen colonists, all ten years old or younger escape the wreck under instructions from Zachariah to never return, approach an egg and to hide if they ever see an Alien.

Lifeboats carrying one hundred and twelve colonists are ejected from the Nan-Shan before it crashes.  The EEVs land on the Southern Continent and Manroon Island to the north.

Year 1

Fifty-six survivors die during the first year, leaving a total human population on the planet of one hundred and seventy-five
[/b][/u]

Was it meant to be 190?.
[close]

SM

SM

Spoiler
Not sure?

119 + 112 - 56 = 175

Have I missed something?
[close]

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Spoiler
Well if they started at 119 and then it dropped to 112, then they lose a further 50 odd people, it would not be 175.
[close]
EDIT
Spoiler
My bad, I just reread it, there was still colonists in the main ship while others took the life boats, Apologies.
[close]

SM

SM

Spoiler
Phew!  :)
[close]

scottsigler

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Jan 27, 2021, 06:51:15 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 27, 2021, 05:07:05 AM

The History of Ataegina.

Exclusive history provided by Scott Sigler for his novel Aliens - Phalanx.  HUGE SPOILERS - don't click if you want to read the book for yourself.

This is legit...maybe too legit.
That's why I don't quit.

Quote from: Prez on Jan 27, 2021, 08:47:05 AM
Spoiler
Will we get more stories perhaps in Ataegina? Perhaps a prequel about the Rising would be interesting. Would love to see a comic book adaptation of the novel
[close]
I am not allowed to comment on that at this time, which is weird, because a bunch of other people are commenting about the thing that I am not allowed to comment on.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

:laugh:

Prez

Prez

Quote from: scottsigler on Feb 05, 2021, 04:26:13 PM
Quote from: Gentleman Death on Jan 27, 2021, 06:51:15 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 27, 2021, 05:07:05 AM

The History of Ataegina.

Exclusive history provided by Scott Sigler for his novel Aliens - Phalanx.  HUGE SPOILERS - don't click if you want to read the book for yourself.

This is legit...maybe too legit.
That's why I don't quit.

Quote from: Prez on Jan 27, 2021, 08:47:05 AM
Spoiler
Will we get more stories perhaps in Ataegina? Perhaps a prequel about the Rising would be interesting. Would love to see a comic book adaptation of the novel
[close]
I am not allowed to comment on that at this time, which is weird, because a bunch of other people are commenting about the thing that I am not allowed to comment on.

;D

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: ChrisDasinger on Jan 27, 2021, 09:41:35 PM
I'm an Alien purist who doesn't collect any AVP books, but I loved Phalanx...

*twitch*

It can be both

Jacku

Jacku

Yeah so I just read Phalanx. When I saw the cover with the medieval helmet I knew it was going to be cool and different. Just finished reading it last night and loved it. The concept of the 'runners' was really awesome and intense. The main characters were all well realised. When I was reading it I as like this would make a great live action Aliens story, if done well. Or even a game.

I'm sad it's over.

Anyone else like this one?

SM

SM

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Jacku on May 15, 2021, 12:05:22 PM
Anyone else like this one?

Oh yeah, a lot! One of my top 5 favourite Alien novels, and one of my 5 10 out of 10s. I can't recommend this book enough.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed