Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2019, 12:59:28 PM

Author
Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler (Read 88,746 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SM on Jan 27, 2021, 05:07:05 AM

The History of Ataegina.

Exclusive history provided by Scott Sigler for his novel Aliens - Phalanx.  HUGE SPOILERS - don't click if you want to read the book for yourself.

Thank you mate.

Gentleman Death

The History of Ataegina.

Exclusive history provided by Scott Sigler for his novel Aliens - Phalanx.  HUGE SPOILERS - don't click if you want to read the book for yourself.

This is legit...maybe too legit.

SM

SM

Quote from: Prez on Jan 27, 2021, 06:33:13 AM

The History of Ataegina.

Thank you mate.

You're very welcome.

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jan 27, 2021, 06:19:48 AM
Really great of Scott to provide this. Bravo.

I was very pleasantly surprised.  I emailed him the draft I'd written for any feedback and he sent me a tonne of info.

Corporal Hicks

That was some extensive background! I love it when authors do that sort of background for themselves! Very generous of him to send them across, and very thankful he did! Thanks for the read, SM! Now I wanna re-read the novel...

Prez

Prez

Spoiler
Will we get more stories perhaps in Ataegina? Perhaps a prequel about the Rising would be interesting. Would love to see a comic book adaptation of the novel
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Sigler's short in Ultimate Prey is a Phalanx sequel.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Awesome, I was wondering if it might be.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

The History of Ataegina.

Nice! And shoutout to Scott for the added history!

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

A Predator(s) turning up on Ateagina seems a natural fit given the type of society living there. Looking forward to it.

Miguel

Miguel

Considering that Scott Sigler's story is the sequel to Aliens: Phalanx and that Aliens: Phalanx is canon, does that mean that from now on the Alien and Predator universes are officially the same?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Miguel on Jan 27, 2021, 06:39:49 PM
Considering that Scott Sigler's story is the sequel to Aliens: Phalanx and that Aliens: Phalanx is canon, does that mean that from now on the Alien and Predator universes are officially the same?

Well stories within license canon will always be separate because a licensee can only play in the very license they pay Disney for, and if you only pay for one, you ain't getting the others.... but within lore, its fair to say anything tied to AvP Phalanx will now be tied to the AvP/Predator lore.  :)

SM

SM

Quote from: Miguel on Jan 27, 2021, 06:39:49 PM

Or Phalanx simply falls under the AvP banner.  Like Fire & Stone or Life & Death.

I don't know, but I feel the whole 'canon' thing is much less defined now under Disney than it was under Fox.

Considering how popular Phalanx was, it makes perfect sense to revisit Ataegina at the first opportunity, and not worry too much about what's canon or not.

Nukiemorph

I'm an Alien purist who doesn't collect any AVP books, but I loved Phalanx...

*twitch*

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: David's Creation on Jan 27, 2021, 09:41:35 PM
I'm an Alien purist who doesn't collect any AVP books, but I loved Phalanx...

*twitch*

You're one of us now!

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2021, 08:47:37 AM
Sigler's short in Ultimate Prey is a Phalanx sequel.

HELLO

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed