"Super" Predators vs. Classics just a different Class/Caste

Started by TheHoch, Jul 21, 2010, 08:18:24 AM

Author
"Super" Predators vs. Classics just a different Class/Caste (Read 1,102 times)

TheHoch

I took away from the new Predators film that in no way were the "super" predators outright better than the Classics, Just simply from the "upper" class of Predator society.

To me the "super" preds just come from the "privileged" class, my reasoning for this is simple. 

1. They are the first and only Predators so far to have a setup game preserve with prey dropped in for them to hunt, something never seen before and obviously requiring more means than traveling to earth and collecting human skulls would be. 

2. It is explained that the "super" preds come back almost every new hunting season with different equipment, weapons, tactics etc. again only indicating they have more access to be able to do these "upgrades". 

3. All three of the "super" preds used a single bladed gauntlet blade as far as I saw, to me an indication they like being different from classics and identifying with each other.  Something only an "upper" class does in human society.

4. They're different physical appearance is simply from years of "upper" class breeding for size, strength and crown color(which IMO would all be heralded traits in pred society).

5.  Last but not least, I never got the feeling the "super" preds were going to kill the classic until he attacked, the Classic pred was strung up alive just simply to be "safely stored" for the rest of the hunt, as they're prisoner, hence adding to my feeling that they("supers") only somehow considered themselves to be better or above the classic.

Lots of discussion on here about the "supers" being a different race or not liking them because of it just being a hollywood bigger=better mentality.  I figured I'd put my 2 cents in and say I never go the feeling they were superior in every way.  Access to they're own personal hunting planet? yes, Access to ever changing gear and tactics? yes, a "team or unit" identity not really seen in classics? yes, significant physical differences from "lower" class classic? yes

All point to just simply a "class/caste" that we hadn't seen in Predator culture up to this point.

swanhawk

You make a fair point m8

samoht

With respect to your view I don't agree with you.

One of the characters said that both races were different, like dogs are to wolves. I don't think it has anything to do with classes.

In response to statement 1.
We don't know whether or not it is the "only" game reserve. The chances are is that there are many. It could be shared by shared by both species.

"significant physical differences from "lower" class classic? yes

All point to just simply a "class/caste" that we hadn't seen in Predator culture up to this point."

Significent physical differences actually seem to suggest a higher chance in species differentiation than social class differences.

Sorry but I'm just starting the inevitable debate that is about to appear.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed