Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 206,354 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Oct 13, 2021, 02:31:56 PM
There something interesting I noticed about alien issue 7 that nobody seems to be talking about  they bring up something called the extinction conlies.Conlies that are controlled by AI.In a interview Noah Hawley talks about how the show is about man primordial past and his AI control future.And it seems this is a recent thing to in the alien timeline so we can guess the show takes place after aliens.

I know the comic hasn't directly acknowledged Alien: Resurrection, but in that regard it does almost feel like it is setting the stage for the Autons. And riffing on the "legacy" of David's mentality and his goals in the process (albeit, once again, indirectly and not by name).

I think the third arc of the comic, which will kickstart in issue 13 and is apparently supposed to run for a dozen issues rather than six, is going to delve more into the AI side of things as its primary focus.

I don't think anything here is explicitly setting up the show (the various parties at Marvel, Titan, and Cold Iron can't even seem to keep things straight among one another), and the on-screen material is always in flux itself, but I wouldn't be shocked if Hawley does plan on delving more into the AI side of things as well based on his quote, perhaps even with a similar lens as to how Ridley explored the Alien as a sort of near-perfect "construct" with direct ties to artificial beings in Covenant.

seattle24

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 13, 2021, 02:38:52 PM
Quote from: seattle24 on Oct 13, 2021, 02:16:58 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 13, 2021, 02:08:07 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Oct 13, 2021, 01:46:09 PM
If Prometheus had been called 'Alien: Prometheus' would more people have gone to it, or less?  ???

Less, I think. It's been my perspective less. Alien and Predator has a seen one - seen them all cloud with some of the general public that they'll just dismiss new entries out of hand, especially with later previous entries being bad. But a brand new science fiction movie "Prometheus" with a stellar cast? That's interesting. I knew some co-workers (not followers of internet movie news like we are) that went to check out Prometheus having no clue it was an Alien prequel.

On the other hand, if it was branded Alien 0 (example), the first proper Alien film in 15 years (97-2012) starring an exciting cast sprinkled with A-list talent, from Ridley Scott no less - that would have done significant business.

During the 3-D boom too.

What percent do we think knew this was loosely related to Alien? Musta been 80% odd at least, that went out and bought a ticket still.

No clue. But Prometheus' relative success is a big reason why I want Dan Trachtenberg's "Skulls" to keep its secret Predator movie marketing plan intact (even though the cat is already out of the bag for those who follow the entertainment industry). A portion of the general audience who might normally dismiss another Alien or Predator film out of hand..."Bah, another Predator movie"... might read the "Skulls" streaming synopsis about Native Americans in pre-colonial times stalked by a creature and decide to check it out, love it, and become a fan where they wouldn't have had an opportunity to with marketing so straightforward.

Shame the cat is out of the bag with the creature effects for us lot as well  ;D

In seriousness, I do like the layer of mystique naming the film "Skulls" adds.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: seattle24 on Oct 13, 2021, 02:52:24 PM
Shame the cat is out of the bag with the creature effects for us lot as well  ;D

You're telling me!  The amount of wine stained t-shirts I've thrown out already....

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 13, 2021, 02:40:56 PM
Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Oct 13, 2021, 02:31:56 PM
There something interesting I noticed about alien issue 7 that nobody seems to be talking about  they bring up something called the extinction conlies.Conlies that are controlled by AI.In a interview Noah Hawley talks about how the show is about man primordial past and his AI control future.And it seems this is a recent thing to in the alien timeline so we can guess the show takes place after aliens.

I know the comic hasn't directly acknowledged Alien: Resurrection, but in that regard it does almost feel like it is setting the stage for the Autons. And riffing on the "legacy" of David's mentality and his goals in the process (albeit, once again, indirectly and not by name).

I think the third arc of the comic, which will kickstart in issue 13 and is apparently supposed to run for a dozen issues rather than six, is going to delve more into the AI side of things as its primary focus.

I don't think anything here is explicitly setting up the show (the various parties at Marvel, Titan, and Cold Iron can't even seem to keep things straight among one another), and the on-screen material is always in flux itself, but I wouldn't be shocked if Hawley does plan on delving more into the AI side of things as well based on his quote, perhaps even with a similar lens as to how Ridley explored the Alien as a sort of near-perfect "construct" with direct ties to artificial beings in Covenant.
[/quote
How you know about that comic Info?You wound happen to know if larroca gets kick off as the artist that be a dream come true

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Oct 13, 2021, 03:01:49 PM
How you know about that comic Info?You wound happen to know if larroca gets kick off as the artist that be a dream come true

The author talks a bit about seeding elements the android-centric third arc in this interview here, starting at roughly the 5:30 timestamp:

https://www.perfectorganism.com/home/2021/8/25/171-discussing-the-first-complete-arc-of-marvels-alien-with-writer-phillip-kennedy-johnson

There was another interview (perhaps on the above website, perhaps somewhere else?) where he implied that the third arc would be 12 issues instead of the usual 6 that arcs one and two covered, but I can't seem to recall where I read/heard that one. Honestly it might even be later in this very interview, but I don't have time to listen to the whole thing again right now to confirm.

Unfortunately no word on the status of Larroca, which I can only imagine means he's still sticking around for the third arc.

Bughuntwilson

Well that sucks I hope they do a spin-off series with a different team I  like comic but I don't like supporting artist that steal other people work

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 12, 2021, 03:00:51 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Oct 12, 2021, 02:31:29 PM
Ridley: "Alien 1, I'll say was, by far the best. What followed was Jim's. That was okay. The other two were kind of adequate"

https://i.ibb.co/8r0HG9w/5q54vo.jpg

:laugh:

:laugh:

Corporal Hicks

It's finally up. Was just waiting on confirmation regarding Ridley's status as Executive Producer. Just wanted to be 100% certain this time.

seattle24

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 15, 2021, 07:55:36 AM
It's finally up. Was just waiting on confirmation regarding Ridley's status as Executive Producer. Just wanted to be 100% certain this time.

Think my hype has kinda just plummeted with the confirmation. Why is he serving as an Executive Producer on a show whose titular character is "cooked", in his own words?

Chances this morphs into something that kind of abandons the creatures as this develops à la Prometheus? High, in my opinion.

xShadowFoxX

I love a majority of Scott's films. I really do. And even though Studios practically told him to insert an Alien in Covenant, I'm sorry to say, even without the Alien, that film still would've faltered due to his own ego and direction. I sincerely hope the Hulu series will show Scott that the beast is not "cooked."

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: seattle24 on Oct 15, 2021, 08:13:34 AM
Chances this morphs into something that kind of abandons the creatures as this develops à la Prometheus? High, in my opinion.

It's unlikely. This is Noah's gig from what we understand. It's more about Scott Free I believe.

Stitch

Executive Producers rarely have direct involvement with the production. It's probably a title in name only because of rights relating to Scott Free.

seattle24

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 15, 2021, 08:15:59 AM
Quote from: seattle24 on Oct 15, 2021, 08:13:34 AM

It's unlikely. This is Noah's gig from what we understand. It's more about Scott Free I believe.

That's a relief then!  :)

BlueMarsalis79

Don't okay and adequate mean the same thing?

Rudiger

Covenant didn't stink because it had aliens in it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed