Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,894 times)

Arterial Spray

Given the team's reaction in the Q&A stream to being questioned as to the inclusion of a Royal facehugger, their use of random google searches for their 'concept' images, and the AvP & AvP:R looking sculpts being refered to as Alien & Aliens versions, I have the growing suspicion that the Prodos lads are not the biggest fans.

Still can't be as bad as A:CM. They cant stop you from customising and homeruling a miniatures game.

Powerloader

I remember the good old days of Hero Quest, Battle Masters and Space Crusade.  I never really got into War Hammer.  Those War Hammer stores wtf.  :D

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Arterial Spray on Dec 23, 2013, 08:41:08 AM
Given the team's reaction in the Q&A stream to being questioned as to the inclusion of a Royal facehugger, their use of random google searches for their 'concept' images, and the AvP & AvP:R looking sculpts being refered to as Alien & Aliens versions, I have the growing suspicion that the Prodos lads are not the biggest fans.

Still can't be as bad as A:CM. They cant stop you from customising and homeruling a miniatures game.

They don't seem to care much about the Aliens at all.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 31, 2013, 12:20:40 AM

They don't seem to care much about the Aliens at all.

Agree 100%, and it saddens me a bit. The Aliens were all I really wanted out of this, the marines and Preds are just gravy I can use for RPGs. I was really hoping for some true bio-mech on the warriors, as I wanted to do a nice big swarm, but now I'm not so sure.

Xenomrph

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I dig the Aliens we've seen so far to an extent, and given the quality of the Predator and Marine miniatures, I'm confident they'll be able to crank out Aliens that other people will like.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'm hoping against hope that they'll bring out some Cameraliens when they expand the range at retail, but my plan was to put the majority of my order on a massive horde of Warriors, but I don't think I like this design enough to get 40 of them.

The pose is pretty cool (reminds me of this guy) and TBH I like the AvP:R heads, but the body and limb detailing leave a lot to be desired IMO, and my god how I hate the tail fins.

Here's hoping they add more detail and remove the fins for the final design.

OH SHIT GUYS!!!!!!

SiL

A'ight, NOW I'ma spend some money on this.

Corporal Hicks

Where's this one from?

[cancerblack]

The comments section of the last Kickstarter update, it's still really close to the top.

Corporal Hicks

I see it. That's much better! I wonder if they're just doing to include both designs so people can choose and mix-and-match like they are with the Predators.

Blacklabel

ARRITE!  8)

Now for the Giger Alien, Dog Alien.... :P

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Jan 01, 2014, 08:10:37 AM

Now we're talking!!!  8)

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jan 01, 2014, 12:40:52 PM
Now for the Giger Alien, Dog Alien.... :P

Yeah! Bring us Kane's Son (Infant Warrior) and the Dragon (Stalker) and I'll throw some money at this project. While we're at it, give me a Super Facehugger too.

Xenomrph

And people were worried that they wouldn't deliver. :P

[cancerblack]

More of that terrain I'm working on:

Spoiler

[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 02, 2014, 02:18:27 AM
And people were worried that they wouldn't deliver. :P

They just want to know what people want. And whilst they maybe fans - they're probably not as immersed as we are.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed