Marvel's Predator (Volume 1) - Predator: Day of the Hunter

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 18, 2021, 06:30:03 PM

Author
Marvel's Predator (Volume 1) - Predator: Day of the Hunter (Read 68,850 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 22, 2021, 01:35:23 PM
It is entirely possible they're still working on it to have it ready assuming they pull through. If not it wouldn't be the first Marvel book to have been ready to go only to die.

I don't know. Sometimes these cases can drag out for year(s). At least for me, it's hard to logically imagine that this book was put in the works by Marvel Comics to be released a few months after some unknown day, month and year whenever all legal issues & possibly appeals have been concluded plus the judge hopefully ruled their way. There is too many unknowns. It doesn't seem to be smart business sense in my eyes.

Master Chief

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 22, 2021, 03:40:51 AM
Writer Ed Brisson updates fans on Marvel's New Predator Comic!
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2021/06/22/writer-ed-brisson-updates-fans-on-marvels-new-predator-comic/
hmm, as soon as I ask you to reach out to Ed, he releases an update.  Coincidence?  I think not.  You're welcome. ;) 

Good job staying on top of this!

Voodoo Magic

:laugh:

But thanks buddy!

happypred

I'll believe it when it actually comes out.

Ed's comment below does sound firmer than the previous one, which is good.

"Predator has not been canceled. It was just pushed back to later in the year. We're all hard at work on the book — I'm currently working on the script to issue #5 and Kev Walker is well into art on #3.

As to the release date, I don't have specifics at this time. Nothing that I can share at least.

I promise all of you that the wait will be worth it. I've been really happy with the scripts and Kev's art is absolutely stunning. I wish I could show you the pages in my inbox, but I'm pretty sure that Marvel would have me murdered for it."

EJA

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 22, 2021, 01:35:23 PM
It is entirely possible they're still working on it to have it ready assuming they pull through. If not it wouldn't be the first Marvel book to have been ready to go only to die.

What other Marvel books has this happened to?

GuapoPogi

GuapoPogi

Quote from: Master Chief on Mar 18, 2021, 06:33:14 PM
I ordered all of the Alien main and variant covers

How many different Alien covers have you found?  I have found 45 but I only have 39 so far.  I have not gotten my hands on either of the two 1:500 covers or any of the four Clayton Crain covers yet. 

I'm also trying to find info on covers 0113, 0114 and 0115 but I am beginning to suspect that for some reason they skipped those three numbers.

GuapoPogi

Master Chief

haha I didn't realize there was going to be so many!  I stopped after the first preorder was announced...I think 15 or 16 came with it.  I haven't even read it. 😬

Report back when you find all of them.  8)

GuapoPogi

Quote from: Master Chief on Jul 29, 2021, 02:19:00 PM
haha I didn't realize there was going to be so many!  I stopped after the first preorder was announced...I think 15 or 16 came with it.  I haven't even read it. 😬

Report back when you find all of them.  8)

I'm up to 40 different covers.  I still need 3 of the Clayton Crain covers, the Patrick Gleason 1:500 cover and the Inhyuk Lee 1:500 cover.  I think I can swing the funds to get the 3 Clayton Crain covers that I need next week.  I also have all the variants of issues 2-4 and am jyst missing the 1:25 for issue 5.  My LGS has a copy of the issue 5 1:25 for me but it is currently misplaced and until it is in the box at home I consider it to be needed still.

GuapoPogi

Voodoo Magic

Our Predator comic writer Ed Brisson went on the Unjustly Maligned podcast back in 2017 to defend "Predator 2". He didn't do a stupendous job defending it, and his facts were off, but I appreciate the overall effort nevertheless! :)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/predator-2-with-ed-brisson/id972402820?i=1000389980174

Kailem

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, we're not worried about it coming, but unfortunately 2021 doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Xiggz456

I'm also guessing that Marvel wants to capitalize on the 2022 release of Skulls and ride the hype train. I just really hope issue 1 drops in January.

Voodoo Magic

Well, whenever it does drop, we'll hear the solicitation announcement several months before!

EJA

It's the lawsuit, I'm betting.

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: EJA on Oct 13, 2021, 04:08:29 PM
It's the lawsuit, I'm betting.
Most likely either that or  marvel new distribution company is messing them up

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed