Alien Resurrection on the ps1

Started by shakermakerman, Mar 19, 2017, 03:31:36 PM

Author
Alien Resurrection on the ps1 (Read 12,468 times)

shakermakerman

I decided to give this a go again and can't believe how much fun I'm having , absolutely brilliant game if you have never played this it's a must , would love them to bring it out in HD.

Russ840

Russ840

I loved this game. Finished it when I bought it on release. I might replay it.

Funnily enough, last week I read a review of the game and there was negative comments regarding the controls. The complaints were aimed at the use of sticks to move and look ( I am pretty sure this was the first game or one of, to use this control scheme). It made me laugh out loud because they said that they were suprised the game got through quality control because it was so hard to control and will likely never be used by another game. Lol

Randomizer

Randomizer

I got a disk but not a modded PlayStation.  :D

shakermakerman

All I've had to to do invert Y so up is up

SM

SM

Got stuck trying to kill the Queen.  >:(

shakermakerman

On that bit now , pulled all levers but won't let you back in the rooms so got to face her

Corporal Hicks

I've just brought a copy now actually. I've never played Resurrection. Played the hell out of and was scared shitless by Trilogy back in the game but we never brought this when I was a kid. Looking forward to giving it a go.  ;D

Russ840

Russ840

I am well up for replaying this now.

shakermakerman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 20, 2017, 10:46:32 AM
I've just brought a copy now actually. I've never played Resurrection. Played the hell out of and was scared shitless by Trilogy back in the game but we never brought this when I was a kid. Looking forward to giving it a go.  ;D
it's very much like isolation you will love it. One tip kill huggers with the pistol els you run out of ammo

Russ840

Russ840

I loved how all the menus had the same layout that Trilogy did.

This and trilogy remain in my collection to this day along side AvP and AVP 2 for PC.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Get on it again mate  ;D

Quote from: SM on Mar 20, 2017, 12:34:43 AM
keep moving backwards and shoot

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Russ840 on Mar 19, 2017, 04:05:58 PM
I loved this game. Finished it when I bought it on release. I might replay it.

Funnily enough, last week I read a review of the game and there was negative comments regarding the controls. The complaints were aimed at the use of sticks to move and look ( I am pretty sure this was the first game or one of, to use this control scheme). It made me laugh out loud because they said that they were suprised the game got through quality control because it was so hard to control and will likely never be used by another game. Lol
I remember fighting the controls at the time, but I still liked the game a lot. I've been meaning to replay it with the benefit of hindsight and 10+ years' experience at using dual-stick FPS controls and see how much I enjoy it, haha.

SM

SM

Quote from: shakermakerman on Mar 20, 2017, 07:57:15 PM
Get on it again mate  ;D

Quote from: SM on Mar 20, 2017, 12:34:43 AM
keep moving backwards and shoot

Got bugger all ammo from last save game.  I don't think there's any game that makes you as relieved to reach a save point.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Atmosphere-wise it is the best Alien game ever made. A real proper survival-horror. It was genuinely frightening in its day. The controls are horrible, but it was worth it once mastered.

Russ840

Russ840

Another thing I find impressive about this game is from a technical standpoint. It was one of the last PSone games I believe and short of textures not being up to scratch it really played like a next gen title for the time.

You have the new control system which has been adopted universallY for FPS.

The Aliens jump around all over the place. All 3D modelled.

I honestly can't think of a FPS on the PSone that is as advanced as this.

Saying that, I never played many FPS' on that console so I could be way off mark.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed