2016 Alien Anthology card set

Started by Machiko Naguchi, Mar 16, 2016, 03:31:34 AM

Author
2016 Alien Anthology card set (Read 39,422 times)

TheSailingRabbit

Are these cards still available?

Corporal Hicks

Doesn't look like it's available from Upper Deck but they seem to be on eBay.

TheSailingRabbit

Well, I'm not disappointed in what I'm seeing on EBay. The prices are all outta whack, though, and I'm guessing anything with Bill Paxton's signature was bought and held onto after he passed. I'd be willing to pay $60-$70 for that, but not for Lance Henriksen, Mark Rolston, or Michael Biehn. Those are the only ones I'm after. The Weyland-Yutani business cards are pretty cool, but I'm limiting myself to characters/actors I like. Illustration, too.

Just sayin' what I'm finding. I'm open to tips and stuff like that on how to find these things. I want to start a small merch collection, and even though I don't have anything, it gives my mind something else to think about.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 28, 2018, 06:57:55 PM
I'd be willing to pay $60-$70 for that, but not for Lance Henriksen, Mark Rolston, or Michael Biehn.
I'm going to tell them you said that.  >:(

I want to start a small merch collection
That's what they all say, at first.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 28, 2018, 11:42:47 PM
I'd be willing to pay $60-$70 for that, but not for Lance Henriksen, Mark Rolston, or Michael Biehn.
I'm going to tell them you said that.  >:(

I didn't mean it that way! Don't say anything, please.

This is gonna look really bad, isn't it? I'm in some real fruity shit now.

FiorinaFury161

Ok everyone, be ready tomorrow to see the pull of the product, which I am the proud new owner of... stay tuned!

Corporal Hicks

Which set?

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Here it is, the chestburster scene from Alien, by Charles Hall:

This painting is absolutely stunning in person, so realistic. I managed to talk the seller down to $500, which I thought was fair. The seller said he was glad to know it will be appreciated, or else he would not have sold it at all. His art can sell for so much because he is so talented. I plan to have it authenticated and encapsulated by PSA, along with the Hicks card I pulled from a box last year. He told me he made 10 scenes for the new Alien3 product, can't wait to see them and possibly buy one or two, price pending. Hope you enjoyed viewing the best available sketch card (which is the only one made btw), Happy Alien Day 2019!

Whiskeybrewer

$500? damn son. I didnt spend that much on a Rare OOP book that only had 1 print run

FiorinaFury161

I consider it an investment of fine art 😉 It is the only one ever made, it has only upward in value for potential in the future.

Whiskeybrewer

Very ture, but still. Damn  :laugh:

FiorinaFury161

Totally worth it 😂 I guess I'm not afraid to drop money on potential investments anymore, as my sports ticket and card collection has completely exploded, again, for future potential to skyrocket even further in value. Some Michael Jordan tickets I bought for 350$ each will be worth 3,000$ each in about ten years... just playing the waiting game ;)

The Old One

The Old One

I don't understand card collecting at all, but you do you.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Sorry to necro-thread, but has anyone ever come across a list of the artists who drew the regular cards? Is it the same people who did the sketch cards?

I'm looking at my cards now and I can't see any artist credits anywhere. Even on the poster cards, which have quotes from the artist responsible but no names ???

Whiskeybrewer

I havent no. Gonna have to look at my cards now and see

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed