Part of Prometheus set 'millions of years in the past'

Started by Valaquen, Mar 15, 2011, 03:24:12 AM

Author
Part of Prometheus set 'millions of years in the past' (Read 33,180 times)

Valaquen

From a report on the new cast addition, JoBlo added:

QuoteBy the way, today we had someone give us a heads up to the fact that, in a foreign interview back in December, Ridley Scott admitted part of PROMETHEUS takes place a million years in the past...presumably showing the origin story of the space jockeys. Sounding cool to you or what?
http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=27094

No idea what this foreign interview was, I wish they'd link or hint, but nope, nadda. A pinch of salt for now, until someone picks up on the actual interview. Sounds very 2001, really.

Sharp Sticks

The Ghoul

I wonder if this would mean that the pilot was indeed flossilized a million years ago.  :P

If its true of course. hahaha.

predxeno

Valaquen

Remember there was a tweet a while back saying that Alien fans have been waiting to see the opening for the film for years? Perhaps the opening is the Jockey ship going down, then Prometheus takes off from there. Would be funny: the great Jockey ship mystery dealt with and set aside in the first few minutes.

BonesawT101

Valaquen

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Mar 15, 2011, 05:16:13 AM
http://www.blick.ch/unterhaltung/kino/robin-hood-gabs-wirklich-146589 is this the story you are referring  to?

QuoteMuch are enough before. Scott orients itself at Erich von Däniken: "That guessed/advised correctly. Before millions of years it gave high-standing creatures here and elsewhere". It is a time, in which HR Gigers all monster does not exist yet. "I must create something new."
Could be, but JoBlo said the interview was in December, not last summer.

Federick Gonsa

AVP flashback!  BOOM!!!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Jee, I can only pass over the thousands of possibilities right now.

Spoiler
LOVECRAFT-ED JOCKEYS.
[close]

D.R.

Bah Humbug... All this is starting to sound extra lame. Hope I'm wrong but I think Ridley lost his touch a long time ago.

dandan

"I have to create something new."

Hmmm?

something new.. space jockeys? a new race we have not seen yet?

very very very interesting....

." It is a time when HR Giger's monster didn't exist. "

but this could also mean the jockeys right?! even though i could be wrong because we didnt see the jockey in action or anything only thing we saw/heard was in its ship and the weird sounds the crew heard on the nostromo before landing on LV-426.

Valaquen

Quote from: dandan on Mar 15, 2011, 02:35:38 PM

Hmmm?

but this could also mean the jockeys right?! even though i could be wrong because we didnt see the jockey in action or anything only thing we saw/heard was in its ship and the weird sounds the crew heard on the nostromo before landing on LV-426.
He said in the Anthology booklet that there was something new besides the Alien and Space Jockey, and has said for a while that the Alien is being redesigned. Exciting, I think.

dandan

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 15, 2011, 02:59:18 PM
Quote from: dandan on Mar 15, 2011, 02:35:38 PM

Hmmm?

He said in the Anthology booklet that there was something new besides the Alien and Space Jockey, and has said for a while that the Alien is being redesigned. Exciting, I think.
yes i personally cannot wait either a new species or the pure Alien instead of the xenomorph... also if this film makes success and everyone creates hype about new species he could then make other films with these aliens in to make more money so it is a very good idea....

BonesawT101

with all the info we have so far it is pretty clear this film will be a massive epic on a truly grand scale. and we barely know anything!  :laugh:

dandan

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Mar 15, 2011, 03:56:16 PM
with all the info we have so far it is pretty clear this film will be a massive epic on a truly grand scale. and we barely know anything!  :laugh:

lol ino this is going to be amazing i cannot stop dreaming or thinking about it ! :D  and he said this film with be big aswell so i guess we are not going to see a short film obviuosly because its a 6month shoot

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed