Predator Coming to Mortal Kombat X?

Started by Darkness, Feb 20, 2015, 05:05:10 PM

Author
Predator Coming to Mortal Kombat X? (Read 45,017 times)

Corporal Hicks

I prefer the Flesh and Blood Hish myself.

But at the end of the day it's not a serious effort. Nor an actual Predator entry.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 27, 2015, 08:17:08 AM

I thought you didn't like either when compared to the films. If anything, you liked the South China Sea interpretation best. At least from what I remember. I haven't read that version but I know a lot of people liked it, and I know I would like that version too.

But at the end of the day it's not a serious effort. Nor an actual Predator entry.

I was personally hoping that the Hish stuff would be buried long since after it's release. You'd think it would be considering that a lot of current EU material such as the NECA toys, the miniature game, AvP: Evolution even use the term Yautja. Even Fox used the term Yautja in a featurette for PREDATORS. So Fox endorses that version and told Dark Horse to stop using the Hish.

Unless there is something going or it could be that Boon just grabbed whatever book had a Predator on it and he just happened to get the Hish version by chance.

But.. I know it seems like I'm ripping on the Hish stuff, and Hicks.. I want you to hear me out here.. I know you see me often ripping on PREDATORS a lot, as I intensely with all my being hate that movie but I think you will be pleasantly surprised to hear this. So hear me out.. I wouldn't have minded it if they went with calling the third variation "Berserker" or something along those lines. It would've stuck more with the films, and leave things more ambiguous to what this Predator is.

Yes.. I'm saying I wouldn't have minded if they referenced THAT movie with the third variation.. I'd be okay with that. A lot more than this Hish stuff. Mrrph.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Exactly. It's just there for fun and to promote an iconic character.

Just like in the Call of Duty map with Predator. It doesn't add anything to the Predator franchise. It's just there for the fans that like the character.

And Rakai, that's a good idea with the Berserker. But I think that Boon needed a "species name" as an excuse to show a Predator with no mask. He was strictly avoiding the new Predators and going for the classics.

I think you would have been much happier if he did "Hunter, Warrior, Classic" or something but he used "Klassik" a lot in the game so that too is out of the picture. Maybe "Unmasked".

But whatever, what's done is done. It's Boon's game afterall and you don't have to agree with his choices. Look on the bright side though, I'm sure you still like the Predator's other two variations right?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 27, 2015, 02:44:32 PM

I thought you didn't like either when compared to the films. If anything, you liked the South China Sea interpretation best. At least from what I remember. I haven't read that version but I know a lot of people liked it, and I know I would like that version too.

True. South China Sea's interpretation of the Predators is my favourite from the novels. But next to that, the Flesh and Blood Hish are my favourite. They're very different to how Forever Midnight did the Hish and are far more in line with my vision of the Predator - being in it for the hunt, the thrill, the kill. But none of the bollocks from the FM.

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jun 27, 2015, 03:51:21 PM

Exactly. It's just there for fun and to promote an iconic character.

Just like in the Call of Duty map with Predator. It doesn't add anything to the Predator franchise. It's just there for the fans that like the character.

I think this is the important thing to remember. I get it, Rakai, you hate the Hish. However, I hate the Yautja and I'm sure there are plenty out there who agree with both of us. They'd never please everyone. And it's not like it's the only Predator in the flipping game so you're not forced to use the Hish.

Just pick a different one and get on with it. It has absolutely no bearing on the franchise or the game.

RakaiThwei

You'll have to excuse me but I am REALLY passionate about the Predator character and how they are depicted. I don't know what else to say about that..  :-\

Corporal Hicks

I know mate.

Will it have different game play styles that make it less like the Yautja?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2015, 02:42:46 PM
Will it have different game play styles that make it less like the Yautja?

I haven't seen the gameplay yet, so I really can't say. I'm surprised a trailer hasn't been released yet.

I will say this, Warrior and Hunter.. I'm fine with but if the Hish mechanics show a reference to a Kill Gland, or the moves are referencing a kill gland, I'd probably say so. But until then, I have to see the gameplay.

Corporal Hicks

If it somehow impacts the gameplay in any meaningful way, yeah, I'll understand. But if it's just a name with no bearing, I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2015, 03:02:39 PM
If it somehow impacts the gameplay in any meaningful way, yeah, I'll understand. But if it's just a name with no bearing, I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

A lot of people are speculating that it's just going to be the Predator unmasked and bare handed. Others say it's going to involve damage and invincibility buffs.

Corporal Hicks

Do we know if the other 2 are different?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2015, 03:29:42 PM
Do we know if the other 2 are different?

I've only heard speculation. Most speculation is that Hunter will be focused on long range attacks, kind of like how the Predator in the first movie seemed to rely on the shoulder caster, and would be stealth oriented. Close quarters would be downplayed. Warrior is speculated to involve more melee type weapons such as the wristblades and combi-staff, and close quarters would be more focused.

But this is all speculation and until we see the gameplay and trailers.. That's all we can do.

The Alien Predator

QuoteI think this is the important thing to remember. I get it, Rakai, you hate the Hish. However, I hate the Yautja and I'm sure there are plenty out there who agree with both of us. They'd never please everyone. And it's not like it's the only Predator in the flipping game so you're not forced to use the Hish.

Funny that you mention your dislike or Yautja.

Because like I told Rakai, the description describes this Predator as fighting for the "honour and thrill".  :P

I think both interpretations offer something interesting to Predator lore.

Yautja expand on a culture and language while Hish adds some cool technology such as mind control and ships with cannons powerful enough to destroy all life on a planet.

Now combine those traits (leave out the slavery and gender changing), and you have one scary Predator race that is not interested in conquest, but killing just because it can... got a problem with them taking trophies out of you and wanna go to war? Say hello to Exterminatus.

That's something I love about Preds, when they get serious, they are real scary.  ;D All that hunting's just for fun, God forbid they wage war on you...

Corporal Hicks

Nah, I don't like that first version of the Hish. I'm about the interpretation from Flesh and Blood. Far better than Forever Midnight.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

The Hunter variation game play is now online. The Hunter is the opposite of what everyone expected it to be. Seems melee oriented and there are some AvP movie references there..

Let's wait to see Warrior and the Hish'qu-Ten variations.

Corporal Hicks

Can't see the video.  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed