Alien: Covenant Soundtrack *possible spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 06, 2017, 09:19:34 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Soundtrack *possible spoilers* (Read 54,379 times)

GrimmVision

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Apr 13, 2017, 10:12:17 PM
Non-sequitur, but that's a cool sig you've got there, Coalesced Chaos8)

Thank you, Mr. Clemens ;D

John Doe

Quote from: lv_226 on Apr 13, 2017, 07:44:55 PM
Quote from: John Doe on Apr 12, 2017, 09:41:17 AM
I created a small video tribute with the music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09pwFW0vGYU

:laugh:
How very nice of you.

That being said, do you think that Covenant's score will be just as memorable as the OSTs for Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 (arguably the most darkest of the bunch).

If the score it´s like that small piece of music, i think it will be great.

dlb

I absolutely adore that small piece of music. While a movie is never a break or make for me due to its soundtrack, the score is what makes the Alien movies truly whole for me. This one reminds a bit of the part where the Engineer plays the flute in the Orrery scene while it totally harkens back to the original score for Alien.

Can't wait to give the full thing a listen!

Le Celticant

Does really fit to the arc of an "adventure" like Lawrence Of Arabia.
But I don't think it fits anything resembling Alien.

If the film turns out to be a pretty adventurous film with discoveries of a new world where the horror aspect is a stepback I'm okay.
But if the film is an horror film like Ridley said it'll be, I think it's way too off and I don't think it'll fit.
Just like Prometheus. It felt right sometimes but it also felt very off in many places. The Epic side of the track was there but the horror tracks were passable.

SpeedyMaxx

I mean, let's be fair: Alien has large sections of very romantic, haunting score that is not explicitly horror-oriented. I've never been able to get most of that out of my head when it comes to the franchise, it's that good. It ends on a classical piece, The Romantic, equally haunting, beautiful and emotional. It even pillages heavily from an (excellent) existing film score for John Huston's Freud (deeply underrated film, BTW).

If a franchise film did any of that today this forum would call it bargain basement, derivative and too cheap and uncreative to come up with its own material. See the double standard?

Le Celticant

But alien never went "Epic" full strengh.
Aliens did, if it plays out in that category I'm alright.
I don't have the film on screen yet but, I have concerns.

The Alien main theme is very haunting though

It's not that it has a "horror" genre music, but it generates enough of an identity for the film.
Wether it's mystery, worry, everyone's susceptible in its own way.

Prometheus and this track seems more to fit in the "history book" tale to be honest.
Then I understand, it's kind of what he wants by the look of it.
But even for that then, it's nothing very impressive, I'll surely forget it.

SiL

I like the main theme. It's the weakest of the Alien movies (not counting Prometheus), but I like it. It's not terrible and has a nice mood to it.

Richman678

Generally I like the theme. Hopefully the other tracks will be more haunting.

BishopShouldGo

Kinda makes me tear up. It's really intimidating and spooky and in a Pavlovian sense, reminds me of Alien 3, which is not pleasant to me.

Hopefully we get a bit of sonic wonder to accompany some of those beautiful landscape shots!

Stolen

echobbase79

I like how the composer intermingles the old theme with new ones. When does this score go on sale?

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Beautiful! I adore Goldsmith's score and it pretty much fits seamlessly next to Kurzel's! :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 17, 2017, 02:38:59 PM
https://soundcloud.com/user-511882002/the-covenant-jed-kurzel

Enjoy guys.

Goldmisth reprise.

Thanks for sharing, Stolen. Where'd you come across this one?

Stolen

Amazon  ;D

lv_226

Is this legit?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed