Katherine Waterston Channels Her Inner Ripley in New Alien: Covenant Still

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 20, 2016, 08:13:30 PM

Author
Katherine Waterston Channels Her Inner Ripley in New Alien: Covenant Still (Read 29,047 times)

Ingwar

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 20, 2016, 08:24:11 PM
What the f**k...why copy everything? Im so confused. Really Ridley is the director?

They don't copy anything. This haircut was Waterston's idea taken from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 20, 2016, 08:53:15 PM
Quote from: Ridley Scott on Dec 20, 2016, 08:13:30 PM
Covenant is really going to show you who did it and why.

Who did what? Create Aliens?

Not looking forward to that, if so. :-[ I always preferred them as having evolved naturally.

I think that's the direction the prequels are heading in.

Loving the vibe of the still. Hope she's not too like Ripley in terms of character.

Ingwar

Quote from: Lonely Universe on Dec 20, 2016, 08:31:27 PM
Pff. Is that a Mossimo tank top? I refuse to believe that in 100+ years we'll still be running around in the same tank tops. They could have at least put some piping on there.

We still wear denim jeans which has been used in USA since the mid 19th century. Besides, it's just a bloody top :)

DorkiDori

OMG! SHE HAS A GUN AND SHORT HAIR AND A TANK TOP ON! RIP-LEY-OFF!!! (see what i did there?)

robbritton

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 20, 2016, 08:59:48 PM
Quote from: Lonely Universe on Dec 20, 2016, 08:31:27 PM
Pff. Is that a Mossimo tank top? I refuse to believe that in 100+ years we'll still be running around in the same tank tops. They could have at least put some piping on there.

We still wear denim jeans which has been used in USA since the mid 19th century. Besides, it's just a bloody top :)

I think Lonely Universe is satirising all the gun tech posts.

Scoot

Scoot

Isn't that weaver? Oh sorry my mistake. Don't fix it... let's do a re-run... :'(

BonesawT101

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

I don't think I can handle much more of this, enough already, please release a trailer Fox

Infected

Quote from: Predatorium on Dec 20, 2016, 08:25:57 PM
Dat ACOG ;)
I see what you did thurrr, and thats a 2003 haircut.

But this pic, gives me more confidence this movie is more then the 4chan movie spoiler release thing.

SsgtJira

Aaahh Steyer on praxis.. :)

Valaquen

E.W.'s stills always look so bad. Recalling those from the latest Terminator and X-Men films...

JokersWarPig

The guns look far to modern imo

NickisSmart

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Dec 20, 2016, 09:53:54 PM
The guns look far to modern imo

This is in the future, so technically the gun looks too old, unless you're saying it lacks the "retro-future" aesthetic in which case, it might look too modern. These things really stop making sense, after awhile.

Perhaps saying it doesn't fit in with Alien "used future" is more readily understood than saying too modern. The word "modern" has no place in an ahistorical, fantastical film like Covenant.

SsgtJira

Gun is Steyer Austria with RIS Rail systems ;)

XENOMORPHOSIS

Whilst this looks promising there's the slight risk that this could be overly focused on fan service being referential to Alien and Aliens to  the point where its distracting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed