Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 120,196 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

oh shit. That's the last thing I wanted to hear. :P

Corporal Hicks

I think that's how the film's ultimately going to be received anyway.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 08, 2018, 05:23:00 AM
Quote from: huntin8-t0n on May 07, 2018, 09:58:27 AM
Yea, you're right. After reading so much, I don't know how to say, offense towards the movie, this was my first post in a while, I was agitated. The one in the other thread came later. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Feelings, scheelings. I've been pretty clear that I think the shit ideas they're putting forth are shit ideas.

Quote from: huntin8-t0n on May 07, 2018, 09:58:27 AM
Nonetheless, as I see, my point stands. Why be negative in advance. To be frank, I don't feel right about the concept. I don't want megapredators and dna modifying and whatnot. Doesn't feel right.

I'm not saying it should be accepted, but come on, when we see the final product, we can decide. Why be negative and try to imagine the worst case scenario? It can happen, yea. But trying to be creative and "hype" oneself is much more productive. For instance, look at the comic "Hunters" If somebody told me beforhand the story, I'd say, this is ******

A shit idea is a shit idea, and it's going to take extreme excellence to make a shit idea, not great, but less shitty. The DNA mod thing reeks of a B-movie in the worst ways. And we have Fred "Robocop 3" Dekker" at the helm. The dude is an awful director.

You aren't going to make something great with poor ingredients and a lackluster chef. That's not being negative. Those are the facts.

At the moment, we have an official preview, some interviews, pictures showing little to nothing and an old draft.
Based on this, there are hardly any facts about the movie.

One can think the idea is bad (though from the official synopsis very little can be told if it stands for the predator species as whole, or another type will be introduced again, like in predators. The whole thing with the little boy is in fact a bad idea.)
Or the scrrenwriter, director bad based on their previous works. But those are not facts, unfortunately.

Feelings, assumptions, premonitions.

Once there is some proof, it we'll have facts. But we don't even have a trailer.

Might it be that I overlooked something? Was there any confirmation about any information that maybe I missed?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 09, 2018, 08:21:47 AM
It was mixed. Some loved it, some hated it.
Strange, not my feelings at all. I thought it was at least 70% positive and even the 30% were nog really negative.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah - from the tweets I saw I'd agree that it lent more on the positive side. But there were certainly some negativity or just ambivalence.

Hollywood

Hollywood

QuoteBy Anton Volkov on May 9, 2018

Right in time for Deadpool 2's release next week, we are delighted to report that the first trailer for Shane Black's The Predator is now in the can and ready for an imminent launch. The piece was rated this afternoon by the German FSK and is expected online in the next week, if not in the next few minutes (if our previous experience with 20th Century Fox trailer classifications is to go by).

https://www.trailer-track.com/amp/2018/05/09/in-the-pipeline-first-trailer-for-shane-blacks-the-predator-arrives-imminently/?__twitter_impression=true

Corporal Hicks

Ah, fantastic!

skull-splitter

Giddy.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Today is the day!

Then the real complaining starts...haha!

black

black

It's time to take sedatives. :)

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't expect within a few minutes - it's too early in LA for that, but if we're getting it today it'll probably be in either in 1 and a bit hours or later on in the evening.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Come on please ! The wait has been testing !

Johnny Handsome

I'm in germany and you guys just probably confirmed the official title here.

Predator - Upgrade

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 09, 2018, 01:53:52 PM
I'm in germany and you guys just probably confirmed the official title here.

Predator - Upgrade

Yeah, I noticed that too. Seems a little on the blunt side.  :laugh:

Johnny Handsome

I'm relieved to be honest, often they just drop the "The" in the title and leave the rest, i rather have something with a tagline.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed