Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 119,244 times)

Danversity

Danversity

I've never seen anything of Dekker's, but honestly, writing is something that there's just no way to pre-judge based on past works. Eric Heisserer wrote the Nightmare On Elm Street remake, the The Thing reboot, Final Destination 5 and then... Arrival. I mean, damn.

And one way or another Black is co-writer and the actual director. He's easily the best director that has helmed a Predator movie since McTiernan, so I'm excited for him.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Danversity on May 08, 2018, 06:03:00 PM
And one way or another Black is co-writer and the actual director. He's easily the best director that has helmed a Predator movie since McTiernan, so I'm excited for him.

Couldn't agree more, some people tend to overlook that

Huggs

Huggs

Story is everything. We'll see what they've brought to the table soon enough. I'm bracing myself for a Super 8 vibe.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Huggs on May 08, 2018, 08:11:49 PM
Story is everything. We'll see what they've brought to the table soon enough. I'm bracing myself for a Super 8 vibe.

According to the script it's possible, we'll have to see if they choose this type of tone in the actual movie, but it could be a weird mix...

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 08, 2018, 08:16:20 PM
Quote from: Huggs on May 08, 2018, 08:11:49 PM

According to the script it's possible, we'll have to see if they choose this type of tone in the actual movie, but it could be a weird mix...

Don't think we should be too fixed on the leaked script. When a script leaks that early, it's usually a very early and raw draft of it, never the final version. At least everytime I saw this happening, this was the case. So I think even before the reshoots the final film wouldn't been quite different from that script, and now that they actually made reshoots...
Sure, some things are gonna stay, some concepts and ideas, but the film itself, how the story's developed and the themes explored, that's gonna be different. It's already sounding different from the trailer descriptions.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

All right guys. What is the current countdown until trailer is dropped? Please don't say JUNE.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Guessing 10 days. R rated trailer drops with Deadpool 2 in theaters where many will see it.

skull-splitter

Correction: hope to see it.
It hasn't been officially confirmed as far as I know. We just expect it because DP2 is R rated and Fox too.

Sadly, we get DP2 a little earlier and I don't expect to see the trailer in cinema right then. But I settle for a decent youtube ;)

Hollywood

Hollywood

Yeah sorry my wordage was inconsistent after I said "guessing". It's not confirmed but lines up with Shane Blacks tweet about it going to theaters a few weeks after cinemacon.

Huggs

Huggs

If there are unfinished effects shots from the reshoots they want to include in the trailer, it may still be awhile.

Stealth_Hunter

Is there a chance we get a completely different trailer than the one at Cinemacon?

skull-splitter

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on May 08, 2018, 10:20:12 PM
Is there a chance we get a completely different trailer than the one at Cinemacon?
Oh sure. But I wouldn't count on too many differences.

Danversity

Danversity

No one has confirmed anything other than it drops this month, but it has to come out with Deadpool 2. Besides being Rated R and Fox, it's the sequel for one of the most successful rated R movies in history, attaching the Predator trailer to it is their best way out of the Avengers hype, that way they'll take a ride on the Deadpool hype which is pretty big too.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

So, it's coming soon. Can't wait but how was the response to the cinemacon teaser? Well shit I guess I could just read that thread...

Corporal Hicks

It was mixed. Some loved it, some hated it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed