Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 120,287 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 06, 2018, 10:39:09 PM
I miss they day that people were able to crack a joke without offending anyone per definition. If this is harassing, I seriously doubt your tolerance to the world.
Who got offended? Some people pointed out it was a shitty joke and a poor show of support and others got defensive. No-one got offended.

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 06, 2018, 11:57:14 PM
AVP was something pretty special. In terms of what the concept represented and just how long people had been waiting for it.
14 years of waiting! I really liked the very first teaser just made up of closeups of the creatures. Kind'a wish The Predator had done something like that earlier.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SiL on May 07, 2018, 01:40:16 AM
14 years of waiting! I really liked the very first teaser just made up of closeups of the creatures. Kind'a wish The Predator had done something like that earlier.

It's a great teaser. The first three videos related to AVP actually had a lot of promise. The teaser, Paul Anderon's "pitch" and then the first trailer which was basically the teaser with a few additional scenes.

Another good one from around that time was the Terminator 3 Teaser, which the theater I was in when that came on basically lost their goddamn minds for a good two minutes.

It is a little disconcerting we haven't see anything like that for The Predator. Something with pomp.

Danversity

Danversity

Well I hope they hit it really hard these remaining 4 months to try to compensate. Black doesn't have any control of the marketing, but you can tell just how excited he is about this movie by seeing he posting about it as much as he can. Once the marketing gets ignited, I'm sure we'll get tons of new things. The budget for this movie is seriously high for a Predator movie, it's insane to think they would market a mid-budget film like Predators a lot more than this... So I'm expecting the marketing to come heavy starting this month.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Ah, still no trailer, I gotta wipe some tears of anger.

Oh, wait...I'm an adult. Come on!

ace3g

ace3g

#129 days till The Predator

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: huntin8-t0n on May 07, 2018, 04:56:23 AM

But you claim in the other thread you're not trying to be a provocateur and want people to be positive.

Why don't you stop trying to put other people down for how they feel?

The Saint

The Saint

No matter who has control over the release of the trailer....it can't be denied that the reason is something of a worry....

Am keeping my expectations pretty low on this one....and would be glad to be proved otherwise.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Trailer has to be this week surely.

skull-splitter

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 06, 2018, 11:57:14 PM
Well, the big difference is this is "just another Predator sequel"

AVP was something pretty special. In terms of what the concept represented and just how long people had been waiting for it.
Well, that's what Predators was too, right?
AvP was supposed to be special and spent about ten, fifteen years in development limbo.

The fact that it got made was more special than the film it ended up to be.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 07, 2018, 05:20:40 AM
Quote from: huntin8-t0n on May 07, 2018, 04:56:23 AM

But you claim in the other thread you're not trying to be a provocateur and want people to be positive.

Why don't you stop trying to put other people down for how they feel?

Yea, you're right. After reading so much, I don't know how to say, offense towards the movie, this was my first post in a while, I was agitated. The one in the other thread came later. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Nonetheless, as I see, my point stands. Why be negative in advance. To be frank, I don't feel right about the concept. I don't want megapredators and dna modifying and whatnot. Doesn't feel right.

I'm not saying it should be accepted, but come on, when we see the final product, we can decide. Why be negative and try to imagine the worst case scenario? It can happen, yea. But trying to be creative and "hype" oneself is much more productive. For instance, look at the comic "Hunters" If somebody told me beforhand the story, I'd say, this is ******

But it was pretty nice, the chemistry worked.

All I'm saying, people are putting themselves down, being like this.

Again, sorry if pulled at some threads in anyone.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: huntin8-t0n on May 07, 2018, 09:58:27 AM
Yea, you're right. After reading so much, I don't know how to say, offense towards the movie, this was my first post in a while, I was agitated. The one in the other thread came later. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Feelings, scheelings. I've been pretty clear that I think the shit ideas they're putting forth are shit ideas.

Nonetheless, as I see, my point stands. Why be negative in advance. To be frank, I don't feel right about the concept. I don't want megapredators and dna modifying and whatnot. Doesn't feel right.

I'm not saying it should be accepted, but come on, when we see the final product, we can decide. Why be negative and try to imagine the worst case scenario? It can happen, yea. But trying to be creative and "hype" oneself is much more productive. For instance, look at the comic "Hunters" If somebody told me beforhand the story, I'd say, this is ******

A shit idea is a shit idea, and it's going to take extreme excellence to make a shit idea, not great, but less shitty. The DNA mod thing reeks of a B-movie in the worst ways. And we have Fred "Robocop 3" Dekker" at the helm. The dude is an awful director.

You aren't going to make something great with poor ingredients and a lackluster chef. That's not being negative. Those are the facts.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 08, 2018, 05:23:00 AM

Feelings, scheelings. I've been pretty clear that I think the shit ideas they're putting forth are shit ideas.

A shit idea is a shit idea, and it's going to take extreme excellence to make a shit idea, not great, but less shitty. The DNA mod thing reeks of a B-movie in the worst ways. And we have Fred "Robocop 3" Dekker" at the helm. The dude is an awful director.

You aren't going to make something great with poor ingredients and a lackluster chef. That's not being negative. Those are the facts.

Fortunately the director is Shane Black, not Dekker ! And for a majority of people the first Predator movie is considered a B movie, so that's not necessarily a bad thing.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

And of the three movies Dekker directed, two of them are good. Monster Squad is pretty amazing.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 08, 2018, 12:44:28 PM
And of the three movies Dekker directed, two of them are good. Monster Squad is pretty amazing.

I saw it waaay too late and unfortunately it has aged poorly, but i think it was okay when it came out.

skull-splitter

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 08, 2018, 12:44:28 PM
Really found it weak to be fair.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed