Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 120,832 times)

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Hollywood on May 05, 2018, 01:13:10 PM
Quote from: skhellter on May 05, 2018, 12:51:49 PM
He was being polite.

Shane is a true class act. I've seen him respond to rude Twitter users in very professional ways. Simply liking a Facebook comment is another polite way of acknowledging a misinformed fanboy comment without blowing up so good on him.
So good :-)

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 05, 2018, 04:33:31 AM

The problem with that logic is that the film needs to make money even if nobody asked for it, and it can't make any money if nobody knows it's coming.

Many people will know it's coming assuming it's attached to Deadpool 2. And why wouldn't it be?

SiL

SiL

It's not my point of view, the guy literally has no control of the release.

The Saint

The Saint

I can sense the hope diminish as it gets delayed further ....

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And sniped. Comeon, gentleman, you're supposed to be grown-ups but I'm not seeing it. Lionhart, Skhelter, let's act like that instead of resorting to school yard (dumbass, dumbf**ks, whatever). Next time either of you regresses to teenage years, you'll find yourself without the ability to post.

Shane Black has no control over the trailer's release. Directors have very little to do with marketing. It's not a good show on the fandom to tweet or Facebook the director of films making demands of them and coming bragging about it. It maybe intended in jest but you know how hard it is to judge intent over the internet.

Come-on guys, show a little class please.

skull-splitter

Quote from: SiL on May 06, 2018, 12:44:21 AM
It's not my point of view, the guy literally has no control of the release.
Which wasn't the point anyway. If I were director, bound by whatever agreement I have with the studio, I would be sincerely flathered if fans would start to get impatient.
If you don't get that, I understand why you get upset. But it is all it is.

SiL

SiL

I'm not upset about anything.

But I do remember James Gunn getting similar comments in the lead-up to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. He posted some photos on Instagram of himself and his partner on holidays during post-production enjoying a much-deserved break. People started slinging awful, vitriolic shit about "stop f**king around and give us a trailer already" on his social media platforms. He posted an impassioned response saying he had zero control over it and that maybe people should appreciate the fact that making a movie takes a lot of work and that they should possibly -- just out of courtesy -- f**k off with the entitled shit and let things run their course.

I'm a director. When I get people telling me to hurry up with things out of my control, I don't get flattered. I get annoyed that they clearly don't know enough about the process to understand that I'm not the person they should be talking to about this shit, and even if I were, f**k them, we've got a schedule to stick to.

skull-splitter

Shake it off dude, you're taking this far too serious.

Corporal Hicks

Harassing the people who make the films is a pretty serious thing. Nothing wrong with a little education to avoid worsening stereotypes about fandoms.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Affirmative Admin

426Buddy

426Buddy

I miss the days before social media.  :-\

skull-splitter

I miss they day that people were able to crack a joke without offending anyone per definition. If this is harassing, I seriously doubt your tolerance to the world.

predator2rules

Anyone remember the hype of AVP back in 2004. All the behind the scenes stuff. it was great. got me in the mood for it.  Not seeing much for this new movie. Pretty disappointing.

skull-splitter

Quote from: burkewhimp on May 06, 2018, 11:12:05 PM
Anyone remember the hype of AVP back in 2004. All the behind the scenes stuff. it was great. got me in the mood for it.  Not seeing much for this new movie. Pretty disappointing.
Same on Predators. But time will tell, at least ADI is making a book again.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Well, the big difference is this is "just another Predator sequel"

AVP was something pretty special. In terms of what the concept represented and just how long people had been waiting for it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed