The Predator Set Reports

Started by ace3g, Apr 07, 2018, 02:54:30 PM

Author
The Predator Set Reports (Read 47,377 times)

yautjapet

yautjapet

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 16, 2018, 07:19:38 PM
QuoteWhen Trish Monaghan shows us the new armor she's designed for the Predator, for instance, it has a medieval quality to its design, as if it belongs to a ritualized order of knights. One element she is particularly proud of is his new armor his back-flap, evoking feudal Japan.

"It's a bit Samurai, so it was able to cover, so he wasn't too exposed," she says of how it covers some of the musculature in the legs while still showcasing the familiar shape of what Schwarzenegger memorably deemed to be "one ugly motherf**ker."

Hmm, can't say I'm thrilled about more structured armor with the predator being "less exposed." I've always liked the more minimal, organic, tribal feel. I am intrigued to see it in full, though!

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I like both styles of armor. There's been only one extensively armored Predator on the big screen (Scar), so I look forward to more armored Predators. I'd really like to see the Captured Predator in full view already. So far it seems to be the one good thing I'm into.

Wysps

Wysps

It's intriguing, but not something I necessarily wanted :laugh:  Definitely more used to the sparsely clothed, organic tribal design.  The coverage and placement of the armor is sort of questionable - the entire chest and back?  (Sure we saw it in AVP, but they were younger hunters and the situation probably called for more armor...)  It is pretty "cool" though, if that's what they're going for.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Xerxész on May 16, 2018, 10:55:05 PM
I don't know. I still stay my opinion that you can say everything you want in order to attract the audience...it's simple marketing. But what you got finally, that's the real thing.
I say wait for the movie and after that you can praise Shane if he deserves.

Exactly

Hollywood

Hollywood

Don't get it twisted, there's a difference between praising the final product and simply expressing confidence in what he says about his approach.

The Wolverine Predator

Ok, I might have missed something somewhere, but what kind of Connection would Quinn McKenna have to the original?

This is from the Collider article Hicks posted:

Holbrook teased a connection to the original film through his character, who is familiar with the Predator lore. "I've seen something, and maybe there is a familiarity. I wouldn't want to say that he's a UFO conspiracy theorist, but he's heard of things and seen things, and that may be a reference to the original. So that's the reference to the original, which we are of keeping in lineage."

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on May 23, 2018, 03:16:03 AM
Ok, I might have missed something somewhere, but what kind of Connection would Quinn McKenna have to the original?

This is from the Collider article Hicks posted:

Holbrook teased a connection to the original film through his character, who is familiar with the Predator lore. "I've seen something, and maybe there is a familiarity. I wouldn't want to say that he's a UFO conspiracy theorist, but he's heard of things and seen things, and that may be a reference to the original. So that's the reference to the original, which we are of keeping in lineage."

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If Anna knew about it in Predators, makes sense that others will. I hope nobody winds up being related to Arnold, that would just be too much.

ace3g

ace3g

Obviously he is Dutch's son...

The Wolverine Predator

The Wolverine Predator

If Anna knew about it, makes sense that others will.

True, just really curious

Obviously he is Dutch's son...

I thought about this awhile ago, but didn't read that anywhere in the leaked script that I remember
I read through it really fast

Hollywood

Hollywood

What if Hopper was his uncle or something? 😉

I doubt he's directly related to anyone in previous predator lore but perhaps he makes reference to the events of the original based on whispers through the military just like Isabelle.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Hollywood on May 23, 2018, 03:31:08 AM
What if Hopper was his uncle or something? 😉

I doubt he's directly related to anyone in previous predator lore but perhaps he makes reference to the events of the original based on whispers through the military just like Isabelle.
Hopper was killing aliens in Indiana before the Jungle Hunter Predator finally took him out...lol

Huggs

Huggs

Whoops, got Alice's character name from I am Legend confused with the one from Predators. I meant Isabelle, not Anna. Boy, you can tell which one of the two I just watched.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Huggs on May 23, 2018, 03:50:21 AM
Whoops, got Alice's character name from I am Legend confused with the one from Predators. I meant Isabelle, not Anna. Boy, you can tell which one of the two I just watched.
It's late...it's all good
I understood what you meant
I'm hoping for a good twist
Kinda like Deadpool 2 did with the trailer and the movie being so different

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed