Closer look at a possible Space Jockey? (SPOILERS)

Started by JaaayDee, Dec 22, 2011, 07:56:15 PM

Author
Closer look at a possible Space Jockey? (SPOILERS) (Read 74,616 times)

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

The Space Jockey (or Engineer) well be a humanoid! Let the impending rage begin!

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

I will only start crying  if he chases humans for fresh meat  :laugh:
Well i hoped there would be more mysterious stuff behind it, Lovecraft style but i will judge the movie after i saw it.

Xenoscream

Human scale... sorry but no.

Ridley has already thrown away the idea of an amazing alien creature (i.e. what we all saw fused to his chair in Alien) why not throw out the scale as well.

Consider the helmet aka Jockey head they are looking at... doesn't look that big right?

I really hope that's not the Jockey.

marrerom

i see no problem with that. its actually the last thing i expected, which is a good thing.

JaaayDee

Quote from: Xenoscream on Dec 22, 2011, 08:00:10 PM
Ridley has already thrown away the idea of an amazing alien creature (i.e. what we all saw fused to his chair in Alien) why not throw out the scale as well.

I'm sorry you feel this way, but what we're seeing is reality.  It's best to see it as it is now and take it or leave it.

As for me, I'm okay with this, as long as he still has otherworldly qualities to him.

The Hyena

Looks fine to me.  A Human image with biomechanical features is more scary to be honest; in a 'This is You' way.

He needs to have Otherworldly qualities though and hopefully to see him walk in his Suit for a little bit (to give a nod to Alien)

JaaayDee

He has a sort of pale skin, and his face could look something "Goddish"

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Dec 22, 2011, 07:58:11 PM
I will only start crying  if he chases humans for fresh meat  :laugh:
Well i hoped there would be more mysterious stuff behind it, Lovecraft style but i will judge the movie after i saw it.

A voice of reason.  You have my regards.

Never say no to Panda!

The Xenoborg

Now this nullifies 70% of the EU that features this creature.

The Runner

Wasnt there a skull of a supposed "Space Jockey" in another part showing a trunk or somethin in the trailer? not this pic

The Xenoborg

Quote from: The Runner on Dec 22, 2011, 08:10:19 PM
Wasnt there a skull of a supposed "Space Jockey" in another part showing a trunk or somethin in the trailer? not this pic
This means that the part with the trunk is not a head but a helmet.

scarhunter92

The human face and the whole "gods" subject support this so I'm fine with it as long as it's done well.

JaaayDee

It's Ridley Scott.  It SHOULD be done well  :)

The Xenoborg

It will be done well. It's a Ridley Scott sci-fi film.

Mustangjeff

Looks pretty cool to me.  I imagine a suit maybe like Ironman in function, but obviously biomechanical in nature.  The function of the SJ suit is probably for protection, and it could be a direct biological control interface to the ship.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed