Update: Looks what coming to cinema on 22/03/2020

Started by Kimo, Jan 28, 2020, 06:49:13 PM

Author
Update: Looks what coming to cinema on 22/03/2020 (Read 3,008 times)

Kimo

Kimo

Sorry if it already posted but i just noticed Aliens is coming to cinema in march. I will finally get to see it on big screen for the first time, can't f**king wait.

https://www.showcasecinemas.co.uk/film-info/aliens-flashback

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for the share, Kimo. Always love an excuse to see the films up on the big screen!

Kimo

No worries Hicks. Showcase have quite a few cinemas scattered across the country in the UK so plenty of uk fans from this site should get a chance to see it for the first time on the big screen. Wonder if it's just a Showcase Cinema thing or if other cinemas are doing it across the uk? Was glad to finally get to see Alien, T1 and T2 on the big screen for the first time last year so Aliens is a no brainer for me.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Kimo on Mar 17, 2020, 06:34:40 PM
Dam it's been cancelled.

DAM YOU CORONAVIRUS.

https://www.showcasecinemas.co.uk/events/coronavirus-update/?adm_source=admanager&adm_b=1051&adm_c=0

"Hello corona, hello my family, goodbye to social life."

Please baby, telephone, but stay the hell at HOOOME!!!

Voodoo Magic

Corporal Hicks

Kinda glad I didn't buy tickets in the end. Hopefully they'll reschedule once this disaster is out the way.

Kimo

Kimo

Just an update  ;D Showcase Cinema in the UK are playing Aliens every day till the 16th of July. So I rebook my ticket and hoping 2nd time lucky, that the don't cancel this movie again because of the coronavirus. Seriously this is the film I want to see on the big screen. I've seen the rest other then Alien3 and Aliens.

Also forgot to say that the ticket was only £5 per person.

Kimo

Finally seen Aliens on the Big Screen tonight and what a blast. I've now seen all alien movies on the big screen, other then Alien 3.
Alien: I seen Last year for the first time for its 4k release.
Aliens: for the first time tonight.
Alien 3: I was too young, think I was 13 at the time, I've still got to see this one on at the cinema.
Alien Res: I watched twice at the cinema I remember having mixed thoughts on it. First three quarters was ok, the final act fell to shit. But AR was my first Alien film I got to see at the cinema.
Prometheus: was the first movie I watched on the Imax. I was mostly impressed especially with the visuals. However It had its problems, I was looking forward for Prometheus 2.
Alien Covenant: I watched at the cinema, got to see it on a premier night. Was very disappointed.

Anyhow, I've seen Alien and Aliens hundreds of times on VHS,DVD, Blu-ray. Tonight I noticed a few different things when watching it for the first time on the big screen.
1. Drake has a good luck charm hanging from his smart gun.
2. When the first run in to Newt and Ripley crawls into Newts living space the Fan above Ripley's head gives out a sound that's less noticeable on the Blu-ray and DVD or maybe my TV is shit with sound.
3. This one I'm shocked I've never noticed. The 2nd drop ship has a Blue bug stomper logo were the first one has a red one. I always noticed the red one but somehow never noticed the blue one on the 2nd Drop ship.
4. When the marines first enter the Hive, it's been around 5 and Half hours since the mission start.
5. When the Queen first kicks off when Ripley uses the flamethrower u notice the metal frame inside her neck, when she first shakes her head. It only happens for a brief second, but now I've noticed it, I can not unsee it.

I'm sure the will be more that will pop to mind. But ya I really enjoyed it on the big screen.

j0nesy

glad you enjoyed it! i also saw aliens in theater a few years ago in a similar "flashback" feature, same with alien and alien³ (no alien:resurrection though :laugh:)

can't believe cinemas are already reopening though, especially with places being hit with second waves  :'(

Kimo

The cinemas are full of classic why this covid is going on. The cinema I went to were pretty strict. Like sanitize your hands before entering and one way paths. also only 2 people sitting next to each other and the next 2 seats are empty.

Kradan

Quote from: Kimo on Jul 16, 2020, 03:40:40 AM
4. When the marines first enter the Hive, it's been around 5 and Half hours since the mission start.

How did you figure that one out ?

5. When the Queen first kicks off when Ripley uses the flamethrower u notice the metal frame inside her neck, when she first shakes her head. It only happens for a brief second, but now I've noticed it, I can not unsee it.

https://youtu.be/WWaLxFIVX1s

Kimo

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 16, 2020, 10:40:54 AM

How did you figure that one out ?

https://youtu.be/WWaLxFIVX1s

It says on Hudson's monitor when the marines first enter the Hive. Mission Time 05:19:29 now I'm not sure if thats ment to be the time of day? but that don't really make sense since we don't see a day/month/year as well. Or it maybe the time that's passed since the mission started? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed