Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 71,041 times)

PVC

Hi. Yes ; Marvel and Disney .... That s it.    The rest is crap ?
So sad   Big compagnies ruling everything ???   F..k that. Remember the last Star Wars trilogy.  A huge piece of shit.   Remember the last , The Predator , the same crap .....do you like this life ?  One restaurant , everywhere ... One compagny making movies , one company delivering stuff ?????? Everywhere .....
I'm sorry Dark horse.   What a stupid world.  Hey people    Stop to buy their crap ......
Regards to the resistants

Corporal Hicks

Also, note that it doesn't mention Alien vs. Predator. Wonder if they're abandoning the crossover.

Nightmare Asylum

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 02, 2020, 05:25:58 PM
Here it is with some slightly different wording on Marvel's official site:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/marvel-comics-to-publish-new-alien-and-predator-stories

Looks like it'll be next year we see the Marvel stuff. Hopefully that means that Dark Horse has the license until the end of the year and can finish off what they've already got.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 02, 2020, 05:30:48 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 02, 2020, 05:25:58 PM
Here it is with some slightly different wording on Marvel's official site:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/marvel-comics-to-publish-new-alien-and-predator-stories

Looks like it'll be next year we see the Marvel stuff. Hopefully that means that Dark Horse has the license until the end of the year and can finish off what they've already got.

Yeah, that seems to be the case. COVID delays have obviously postponed some of the current stuff, but it should all still release before year's end from the looks of it.

I guess we're going to be getting more specific details on the Marvel titles and creative teams later this month at the SDCC@Home event.

Corporal Hicks

Also of note:

QuoteDetails on upcoming ALIEN and PREDATOR comic book titles, collections, reprints, and creative teams will be shared at a later date.

Are they going to be reprinting Dark Horse's stuff? Have they done that with their old Star Wars titles?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 02, 2020, 05:36:38 PM
Also of note:

QuoteDetails on upcoming ALIEN and PREDATOR comic book titles, collections, reprints, and creative teams will be shared at a later date.

Are they going to be reprinting Dark Horse's stuff? Have they done that with their old Star Wars titles?

Yup, they reprint a lot of old Star Wars stuff under the "Legends" banner, with Marvel logos in place of the old Dark Horse ones.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 02, 2020, 05:36:38 PM
Also of note:

Yes.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 02, 2020, 05:25:14 PM
Also, note that it doesn't mention Alien vs. Predator. Wonder if they're abandoning the crossover.
Christ I hope not.

Russ840

Is no one going to comment on how kick ass David Finch pencils both creatures.

Nightmare Asylum

I wonder what all of this means for the half-assed attempt at a continuity reboot over the last few years with Isolation, the Titan novels, and the recent Dark Horse comics?

Corporal Hicks

Time for another, I guess.

426Buddy

Okay I was wrong and Finch's art looks great.

Still loyal to DH and sad to see them go.

lightsyder

Maybe they can reprint the books going for approximately $100 each.  Those were done by Dark Horse weren't they?

BlueMarsalis79

I genuinely think the crossover's done, for a time anyway, as it's a Dark Horse invention.

Nightmare Asylum

Personally I have zero vested interest in the crossover, so I could care less if they never touch it again. I know a lot of people do like it, so for them I hope it continues to exist (preferably, only in the comic space), but I certainly won't miss it if that isn't the case.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed