Primal Projam Modification (PPM) - AvP2

Started by x-M-x, Oct 13, 2017, 12:47:19 PM

Author
Primal Projam Modification (PPM) - AvP2 (Read 5,851 times)

x-M-x

x-M-x

Well guys! what do ya think of this? (crazy but awesome)

Now i know many of you remembered PROJAM 3 & 4 back in the day.. but seems the guys have had this mod for a long time (Private) and only decided to release it yesterday.

Video comparison between stock AvP2, PJ 4.4, and Primal PROJAM.

HOSTED BY AVPUNKNOWN

- Good Job guys!

x-M-x

RR_DF_RaptorRed

As the modeller for the Projam team now, and having an account here, I've been asked to add a clarification :

"The Projam Team spent the better half of the year developing Primal Projam for private use, but discussed it and ultimately decided to release it as a thanks to our original fans. The mod turned out very polished and it would have been wrong of us not to allow them to enjoy it. To be clear; We did not hoard an old mod on some dusty drive somewhere in a closet. We only recently finished this project, and now it is available for everyone to enjoy. Jonathan, our bute coder, sound and visual effects artist, also wanted to produce an updated single-player PROJAM 5 release for AVP 2 but he could not run the base AVP 2 game on his windows 10 machine without it crashing. He made numerous attempts to tweak the game into operation but ultimately he was unsuccessful. If he could not run it, he could not mod it. It is unfortunate that this was the case as he was fully comitted to the development of PROJAM 5, just as he was with the creation of PROJAM 3 and 4. Jonathan cannot post here as he encountered an issue with verifying his email address, and so he has asked me to communicate this to fans of the team's work for clarification. He apologizes that he cannot communicate directly and hopes that a webmaster might assist him in completing the registration process."

P.S. Thanks and we appreciate your kudos!

x-M-x

What email does he use? it should simply send a verification no problem.

Also nice to see you're still around. ;)

Corporal Hicks

Welcome! If he means he can't register here, just drop Darkness an email with the issue at webmaster@avpgalaxy.net and he should be able to help you out.

Darkness

What the...? Surprised to see you here Raptor. Haven't seen you on AvPFreaks in ages.

Yeah, the guy did email me and I activated his account for him the other day.

RR_DF_RaptorRed

I'll let Jonathan know when I next see him if he doesn't already, as he has been busy with work, but thanks!

And  ;D   I still drop by avpfreaks here and there but it's been fairly quiet there so... I am still around though lol.

Agonisus

Agonisus

Yay! I can now post. Thank you, Darkness!

Okay. I'd like to clarify a couple things real quick which Red touched upon at my request - but with an update.

Firstly, most folks knew me as 'Syntaxx Seven' when I had originally spearheaded Projam 3/4 and helped develop Counter-Life. I am no longer known by that name since some folks online stole my name, removed an 'x' and became known throughout the Twitterverse. I do not wish to be confused with this group so I will simply publish by my given name. On these forums, I will simply use my completely unrelated ESO name, 'Agonisus'.

Secondly - I had indicated that I would not be developing a single player revision of PROJAM 5 for AVP2. However. The reason for that cancellation was because I could not get the dang game to run on my modern PC. This issue has been fixed! I can safely announce that yes, I will be developing PROJAM 5 for AVP2. I cannot provide a time frame as to when PROJAM 5 will be completed though because I have limited time to work on it.

My wife and I recently had a baby, bought a large house, and I made a major career change all in the last 5 months. This is on top of developing Primal PROJAM. I will likely be working on PROJAM 5 in 6 hour time blocks every Sunday until the mod is completed. While this may seem like it would take forever and a day, the majority of the work is already completed. I simply need to integrate all of the new content from Primal PROJAM into PROJAM 5. These two games are not directly compatible so I must integrate and test each change in sections. While I cannot provide an ETA to PROJAM 5's release, I don't imagine it will take a terribly long time to do. I really hope you guys and gals have enjoyed the new release so far but my true goal is to create the total package.

The AVP 2 community is small these days, and has more of a cult classic following of older gamers such as myself, Red, Phil and all of you. I know that PC Gamer won't spotlight us this time around because the title is simply too old. I have no delusions that these releases will reach hundreds of thousands of players across the world like PROJAM 3 and 4 did. However... If I can get even 20-30 people to go back and play AVP2 and Primal Hunt using these mod, I will gladly sacrifice my time and energy to make it so. My ultimate hope is that these mods find their way onto the hard drives of every dedicated forum goer who supported our team's efforts through the development of PROJAM 3 and 4. That in itself would be worth more than gold! It's been well over a decade and I can tell you now... I still think of them and they had a profound impact on my life.

I just wanted to let them know...

Jonathan
The PROJAM Team

P.S.

RR_DF_RaptorRed is officially the team's modeler, and she is a downright freakin' amazing human being. When she posts in regards to PROJAM, she speaks on behalf of the team. Thanks for all of your hard work, Red. We are honored to have you with us!

x-M-x

Looking good man! and congratz on the baby!

:)

PROJAM 4 EVER  ;D

Agonisus

Agonisus

Thanks, brother! He's a cutie. I want to have my wife make him a Facehugger costume so when he crawls, all the little legs will sweep across the floor of my house.

KingKenny

Projam! Glad you're back.

I'm going to test out the new mod. I look forward to see what new stuff you guys added.

Also cool that RaptorRed is still making models. ;D

Agonisus

Agonisus

Thanks, KingKenny.

I hope you like all the new particle effects and craziness. It was a lot of fun to make. Personally I think it looks a lot better than Projam 4.4 ever did.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Agonisus on Oct 19, 2017, 12:40:23 AM
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=58987.0;attach=8303;image

Spoiler
[close]

Congrats on both the baby and the mod.
I haven't tested it yet but I plan to try it soon !  ;)

Agonisus

Agonisus

While working on PROJAM 5 for AVP 2, I have also been creating a patch for Primal PROJAM to address a few minor things that I forgot to do.

So far, I have done the following with PROJAM 5.

Integrated all weapons, sounds effects, visual effects, models, skins, actor stats, AI improvements and difficulty scaling from Primal PROJAM into PROJAM 5.

In addition, I have made the following changes to both mods, with any changes be done to Primal PROJAM being released in a later patch when PROJAM 5 is released.

Increased human AI health and armor. Scales by difficulty.
Increased apesuit AI health and armor. Scales by difficulty.
Decreased predator AI health. Scales by difficulty.

Increased combat synth AI health and armor. Scales by difficulty.
Added combat synth damage resistance to small arms fire and new
electrical spark particle effects when damaged.

Increased human player armor maximum by 100 (total 200 now)
Fixed Runner skeleton's gib physics to be on par with the Drone.
(The Runner no longer explodes with the slightest touch)

Created new explosion impact visual effects for 10mm caseless ammunition.
Fixed pickup butes to replace grenade launcher grenade spawns with pulse grenades.
Fixed pickup butes to replace rail gun ammo spawns with pulse rifle ammo.
Fixed pickup butes to replace minigun ammo spawns with smartgun ammo.

Red is working on a crown/dred attachment for the Predalien model to make it look more like the head from AVP: Requiem.

This list will expand as I go. Just keeping you guys informed of my progress.

Here is a quick video test at low resolution to show you recent changes to the Pulse Rifle. Also. You can hear my custom MU-TH-UR artificial intelligence program speaking in the background. I wanted to give MU-TH-UR an audible personality.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edeuq9dktzk2qqc/TEST.wmv?dl=0

Here is another quick low resolution video showing the VP78s and the new Pulse Rifle impact visual effects on the environment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ylh5eeyuafic7v/TEST%202.wmv?dl=0

Here is a quick video showing the PJ5 Marine Mission Selection Screen with my MU-TH-UR artificial intelligence personality audibly calling the campaign crew to report for combat readiness.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rht9o4tskfkajyv/MARINE%20MISSION%20SELECT.wmv?dl=0

Agonisus

Agonisus

New feature for PROJAM 5 and Primal PROJAM hailing back to the days of PROJAM 3.

SADAR alternate fire now launches a long range, guided, multipurpose tactical nuke
based on the US W82 Tactical Nuke. This new rocket travels at 1/4 the speed of a traditional
SADAR missle and has new sound, visual effects and damage variables. You can carry a maximum
of 3 MPTN(s) at a time. The SADAR now forces the player to a walking pace. Use with extreme
caution at long range targets using the radar homing interface. The Primal PROJAM and PROJAM 5
SADAR targeting reticle has been revised to reflect these changes.

I have attached a short video to demonstrate this weapon's awesome destructive power.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/duyoyci59194f0x/NUKE%20TEST.wmv?dl=0

Mr. Grizzly

Hey guys and gals!  Mr. Grizzly here, joining John in saying THANK YOU for all your continued support. 

I have to tell you guys...my love of Alien started in a dark room in California at 23:00 hours in my dad's tv room when I was probably 8 or 9 years old.  We were forbidden to watch Showtime after my dad was in bed, but they had teased this movie "Alien" earlier in the night and I couldn't resist.   

YEARS of nightmares followed...I couldn't walk down a dark hall at night well into my teens and yet I was unable to stop my love of the movie.  When Aliens came out near my birthday (High School age by then), like Ripley...I had to go back and face my demon.  Three nights of nightmares after that...but I was HOOKED!!!

I went on to become a PC gamer when X-wing came out (College)...I was still on the Commodore 128 at that point.  There was no looking back after X-wing.  The first AvP certainly was something i played but I was never hooked.  AvP the original game was good, but just too disjointed to me without a story.  Don't get me wrong...it scared the piss out of me.

However it wasn't until NOLF devs created AvP2 that I I was able to LIVE in the Alien universe. AvP2 was something special. I became obsessed...hooked in my late brother, my best friends...we played for HOURS in MP as well as playing the campaigns over and over.  But one thing always bugged me...those damn marine uniforms; those weren't colonial marine uniforms!  And thus began my dive into the mod tools and skinning.

I was a grown man at this point, owned my own web design firm in the mid to late 90's took on creating HICKS in AvP2. (https://gamefront.online/files/service/thankyou?id=604447) ...it's not that good looking back, but it was WAY closer to the correct marine armor.   It took an English kid (James Melia) 10 years my junior to push me to reskin the whole squad as the Aliens Marines...and that's how it all started.  That effort, PROJAM lead me to John, and John took it to a whole new level with me in Projam 3 and 4.   

Primal PROJAM and the upcoming PROJAM 5 is for us...and for you guys our fans.  I know the damn games is old and can be a pain to get working on Win 10 for some.  But as much as I loved AvP 2010, and tried to love Colonial Marines...they never touched that scared kid that watched ALIEN in the dark on Showtime when he wasn't supposed to like AvP2 did.  (Alien Isolation certainly did...but that's another story). 

Thank you all again for your support over the years, and I hope you enjoy kicking the tires of AvP2 with PROJAM again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed