All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 279,898 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

#2925
It seems that the goal here is to continue the Kelvin timeline, though. Which I'm all for, as I think the cast is great. I just hope that what we get is more in the spirit of The Original Series/Beyond, and less like JJ's own contributions. The 2009 movie is a fun start, for what it is, but I really do not like Into Darkness at all. Of the thirteen Trek films, I think I'd actually call Into Darkness the worst - yes, even below The Final Frontier and the TNG films. Thankfully Beyond really washed that taste out of my mouth and left me optimistic about where these characters might go in the future.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

#2926
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 14, 2021, 07:16:36 PM
It seems that the goal here is to continue the Kelvin timeline, though. Which I'm all for, as I think the cast is great. I just hope that what we get is more in the spirit of The Original Series/Beyond, and less like JJ's own contributions. The 2009 movie is a fun start, for what it is, but I really do not like Into Darkness at all. Of the thirteen Trek films, I think I'd actually call Into Darkness the worst - yes, even below The Final Frontier and the TNG films. Thankfully Beyond really washed that taste out of my mouth and left me optimistic about where these characters might go in the future.

They were fun movies to be sure, but its lazy writing to abandon story continuity and create a alternate reality so you can do what you want.

That said its the trend and I will return to my Intrepid Class Ship and sulk.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

#2927
Oh it definitely needs to be more Beyond than the other 2. I love the cast for the Kelvinverse. I think they're spot on. But Star Trek (as much as I like the angle they went for the reboot), genuinely pisses me off sometimes. The transwarp beaming and them letting Kirk keep the f**king ship! And Into Darkness is just pure trash. I'd rather watch FF than Into Darkness. But Beyond was just a pure delight (the ship being destroyed/majorly damaged yet again and the Enterprise having to burst from something vaporish again all aside) and I really enjoyed! I'm happy for more Kelvin.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

#2928
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 16, 2021, 09:54:49 AM
And Into Darkness is just pure trash. I'd rather watch FF than Into Darkness. But Beyond was just a pure delight


KiramidHead

KiramidHead

#2929
Insurrection is the worst.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

#2930
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 16, 2021, 09:54:49 AM
Oh it definitely needs to be more Beyond than the other 2. I love the cast for the Kelvinverse. I think they're spot on. But Star Trek (as much as I like the angle they went for the reboot), genuinely pisses me off sometimes. The transwarp beaming and them letting Kirk keep the f**king ship! And Into Darkness is just pure trash. I'd rather watch FF than Into Darkness. But Beyond was just a pure delight (the ship being destroyed/majorly damaged yet again and the Enterprise having to burst from something vaporish again all aside) and I really enjoyed! I'm happy for more Kelvin.

At last someone who hates Into The Darkness like me!

There is only one Khan:


Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

#2931
It should have been a retake of Where No Man Has Gone Before, not Wraith of Khan. They didn't deserve that.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

#2932
Honestly most of the movie felt more like Undiscovered Country than Wrath of Khan to me. Until the last, what, twenty minutes? Which from what I understand they brought in Lindelof to help with? :laugh:

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

#2933
Khan's miracle blood also destroyed all tension for the future. Much like Prof. Hugo Strange did in Gotham TV series by bringinfg back dead characters.

Kradan

Kradan

#2934


OK, Internet, explain WTF is this ?

ace3g

ace3g

#2935


Immortan Jonesy



Immortan Jonesy


Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed