Godzilla
96 (74.4%)
King Kong
25 (19.4%)
I don't know?
8 (6.2%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,497,767 times)

SiL

SiL

Midnight Mass could've been a two hour movie, it gained nothing from being 7 hours long.

Likewise I'm watching Archive 81 and after two hours I feel like we've had about 10 minutes of actual story.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

What about Netflix's DARK? AfterLife or The Terror? Or Sex Education or LD&R?

SiL

SiL

Sex Education is the only one of those I've seen and that was ok. I started The Terror but didn't finish, but that was Prime f**king up so I can't comment.

And if we're being picky I guess animated shows like Big Mouth are also fine.

But I find the horrors and dramas are getting increasingly dragged out and self indulgent.

Personally I'd love if this was monster of the week pulp and not ten hours of plot for twenty minutes of monster action but that seems to be the trend today.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Jan 21, 2022, 11:45:49 PM
Personally I'd love if this was monster of the week pulp and not ten hours of plot for twenty minutes of monster action but that seems to be the trend today.
You forgot the quotes around the word "plot"

SiL

SiL

Sorry, ten hours of filler, twenty minutes of Godzilla, and about fifteen minutes of plot.

nanison

nanison

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 21, 2022, 07:20:33 PM
You don't have to watch them all back to back, but if your complaint is that each episode is ~45mins it seems bizarre to not just watch two or three at once, then do the same the next time etc. Basically I'm saying your complaint is all over the place and it feels like you just have a bee in your bonnet about this newfangled streaming malarkey.

The point I'm trying to make is that I want to see the beginning the middle and the end in one go. Watching 3 episodes would still leave me with cliffhangers. The format of a tv show is not my cup of tea unless each episode is self contained.

It was the same with the recent chucky show. I love the films but by the time the 6th episode was released I already got fed up with it. Who really was interested in Chucky's past? I wasn't... Sometimes less is more. Especially with monster movies or slashers. What story can possibly be good enough to expand over 10 episodes? I want monster action and suspense and a little human drama not the other way round.
If it gets good reviews I will find a way to watch it but then they have to be really really positive reviews.

A tv show I loved was and Rome. This I loved for the drama, intrigue, characters, scheming etc. There are hundreds of stories to tell from that era, that show was in fact way too short lol!

Anyway if people love it then by all means I hope they enjoy itl, I'm not trying to spoil the excitement some people might have for this announcement :-)

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: nanison on Jan 22, 2022, 07:22:57 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 21, 2022, 07:20:33 PM
You don't have to watch them all back to back, but if your complaint is that each episode is ~45mins it seems bizarre to not just watch two or three at once, then do the same the next time etc. Basically I'm saying your complaint is all over the place and it feels like you just have a bee in your bonnet about this newfangled streaming malarkey.

The point I'm trying to make is that I want to see the beginning the middle and the end in one go. Watching 3 episodes would still leave me with cliffhangers. The format of a tv show is not my cup of tea unless each episode is self contained.

It was the same with the recent chucky show. I love the films but by the time the 6th episode was released I already got fed up with it. Who really was interested in Chucky's past? I wasn't... Sometimes less is more. Especially with monster movies or slashers. What story can possibly be good enough to expand over 10 episodes? I want monster action and suspense and a little human drama not the other way round.
If it gets good reviews I will find a way to watch it but then they have to be really really positive reviews.

A tv show I loved was and Rome. This I loved for the drama, intrigue, characters, scheming etc. There are hundreds of stories to tell from that era, that show was in fact way too short lol!

Anyway if people love it then by all means I hope they enjoy itl, I'm not trying to spoil the excitement some people might have for this announcement :-)
Sounds like you would enjoy a TV-to-movie fan edit. Condensed plot with extraneous storylines removed, all wrapped up in a 2-3 hour sitting.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: Gilfryd on Oct 06, 2021, 04:40:52 AM
The Holy Trinity - Shin Godzilla, Ultraman and Kamen Rider -

Something's happening...

Shin Collaboration

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Art and culture

February 19, 2022 12:02 JST | Update 17 hours ago

"Remake of the first Godzilla?" Director Takashi Yamazaki to shoot "Masterpiece Monster Movie" (tentative title) set in Japan immediately after the end of the war

Godzilla appears at the beginning of "Always-Sunset on Third Street" directed by Yamazaki. "Godzilla can't be put out unless it's Showa," he said.

Kenji Ando

Movie Poster Image Art via Getty Images
Poster of the first "Godzilla" when it was released in 1954

Director Takashi Yamazaki, known for the "Always-Sunset on Third Street" series, has decided to shoot a "masterpiece monster movie" (tentative title).

The stage is Japan in 1945-47 immediately after the end of the war. It is an era setting close to the first "Godzilla" released in 1954. Director Yamazaki, who included the appearance scene of Godzilla in the "Sunset on Third Street" series, said, "Godzilla can only be released in the Showa era."

"Maybe a remake of the first Godzilla?" Has become a hot topic on SNS.

Shooting is from mid-March to mid-June. Extra recruitment begins

On February 18, the video production company "Robot" announced that it would recruit volunteers to participate in the extras, saying that "the shooting of Toho's new movie" blockbuster monster movie "is finally decided . "

The shooting period is from mid-March to mid-June, and we plan to shoot in the Kanto area. Since the setting of the era is "Japan after the war in 1945-47", all the performers will be dressed as if they were prepared. Therefore, in addition to "perm / men's long hair", hair color is also NG. As a measure against the new corona, "at least 2 weeks have passed since the 2nd vaccination" is required. Detailed conditions are written on the notification page.

Director Yamazaki included a scene in which Godzilla destroys Tokyo in the 1955's at the beginning of "Always-Sunset on Third Street" released in 2007. At that time, he answered an interview with ASCII.jp as follows.

"I thought that Godzilla couldn't be put out unless it was Showa, and I had thought that I would make Godzilla before, and I thought that Showa couldn't be separated."

Is it the first Godzilla or a big octopus? Fan speculation spreads

Director Yamazaki is known for his strong love for Godzilla. He is working on the video for the attraction " Godzilla the Ride " that started in May 2021 at Seibuen Amusement Park . For that reason, there are a number of voices on SNS that speculate that "maybe a remake of the first Godzilla" among special effects fans.

On the other hand, since "Godzilla" has not been announced at this time, some have speculated that it may be " Oodako ", which is known as the initial setting of the first Godzilla, or other Toho monsters such as Radon.

"I didn't talk about Godzilla, what do you mean? It's a big octopus."
"Actually, the possibilities of Balan, Mothra, and Radon."

Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.jp/entry/monster-movie_jp_62103393e4b08ed7cf6ff6dd

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Whatever it is, be it a new Godzilla film or one centered around some other creature, Toho diving into another kaiju flick is very exciting news.

Stitch

Stitch

I am suitably intrigued

nanison

nanison

I'm just happy that it is a masterpiece

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

A new MonsterVerse movie is shooting in Australia later this year:

https://variety.com/2022/film/asia/godzilla-vs-kong-sequel-australia-1235210265/

Since Godzilla is next due to appear in the Apple+ TV series, I'm wondering if perhaps this might be that rumored Son of Kong movie?

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed