*Official* Relationship Advice Thread

Started by DoomRulz, Apr 18, 2008, 12:36:19 AM

Author
*Official* Relationship Advice Thread (Read 697,205 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Question: A friend who you've known for awhile has a crush on you, and you found out through a close friend that you both know!

So do you:

A) Approach him and take the next step??

Or

B) Do nothing cause you would rather not ruin the many years of friendship if the relationship goes bad??

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Master Chief on Dec 07, 2016, 05:55:20 PM
Quote from: Shinawi on Dec 03, 2016, 01:46:26 PM
I have a question. A girl called me "bro." Did I get friend-zoned?
Consider yourself a friend and nothing more.
I've had plenty of love interests call me "bro" and other unexpected adjectives. Don't be completely discouraged, because this is relative.

Deadmeat

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Dec 27, 2016, 12:24:04 AM
Question: A friend who you've known for awhile has a crush on you, and you found out through a close friend that you both know!

So do you:

Or

B) Do nothing cause you would rather not ruin the many years of friendship if the relationship goes bad??

Seems like a tricky question that can't be answered with a simple "a or b" answer. We'd have to know more about you both before giving any advice.

What are your feelings towards the guy?
What's your history with the guy?
What are both of your personalities like?
Do you have good chemistry between each other, or do you feel you have an uneven flow?
How have you dealt with disagreements in the past? How major/minor have these disagreements been?
How do each of you behave under pressure?
How secretive/honest are you with each other?
How do you deal with borders/personal space?
What are your aspirations, goals, general world view, beliefs? Are you both compatible or do you have a lot of differences?

I mean, these are only a handful of questions that can be asked to, honestly, anyone seeking a relationship. You don't have to answer these questions publicly, even. Just think them through and answer to yourself. And don't rush. Really, really think it through.

In the end we can only give you advice, dude!

Shinawi

Quote from: Gate on Dec 27, 2016, 05:27:20 AM
Quote from: Master Chief on Dec 07, 2016, 05:55:20 PM
Quote from: Shinawi on Dec 03, 2016, 01:46:26 PM
I have a question. A girl called me "bro." Did I get friend-zoned?
Consider yourself a friend and nothing more.
I've had plenty of love interests call me "bro" and other unexpected adjectives. Don't be completely discouraged, because this is relative.
Thanks.

Master Chief

Shinawi, are you a friend or more than?  We need to know.

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Dec 27, 2016, 12:24:04 AM

So do you:

Or

No matter what, do not inform the crush that your friend told you. This will severely threaten trust levels between all three of y'all. A simple date is always a great starting point, my first male date was at a high end fashion mall, where we both discovered our likes and opinions without any interference. It made me a much changed and realized person after we broke it off, shame he was so darn cute, smart, educated, and now I'm getting sad talking about him :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed