Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 13, 2019, 02:32:05 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat! (Read 60,885 times)

SM

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 09, 2019, 12:51:59 AM
What is this campaign you speak of?  I really don't know.

Videos where he's big on reading other peoples work and small on attribution.

Perfect-Organism

I see.  That's not cool.  ...And I did enjoy those.

That being said, I found it dismaying that Mark Verheiden was not credited in the Titan reprint of the original Dark Horse novel trilogy.  That was his work, transcribed into novel format.  Odd.

SM

Was Mark Verheiden, Mark Nelson, Denis Beauvais or Sam Kieth credited on the videos?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Cant remember, but I doubt it.

Didn't expect Local to post one of their videos, i'll have to be more vigilant in the future

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SM on Jul 09, 2019, 01:33:24 AM
Was Mark Verheiden, Mark Nelson, Denis Beauvais or Sam Kieth credited on the videos?

I haven't seen all the videos yet, truth be told.  Anyway, it's definitely not cool to not give these creators their due credit.  Their original work was absolutely amazing, mostly.  Mostly.

SM

Even Kieth should be credited.

Local Trouble

He even pronounced Brisbane as "brizz-bayn."

SM

We feed offenders to the crocs for that..

Local Trouble

The Cruentus

Occasion arose plenty of times, didn't see any attribution. There is a Xenopedia channel now anyway so soon people will know where the information comes from and who plagiarized it.

So far, its Isolation, Rescue and Rising threat, any other books I need to remind myself to get?  :laugh:

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 09, 2019, 03:06:23 PM
Occasion arose plenty of times, didn't see any attribution. There is a Xenopedia channel now anyway so soon people will know where the information comes from and who plagiarized it.

I can't find it.  Got a link?

The Cruentus

If you mean the channel, there is currently no content on there mind you. I'll try and get it for you now.

Local Trouble

You should make a splash with a video about plagiarism and name names.  It's not as if you didn't give him every opportunity to change.

The Cruentus

I am trying to think up a good starter video, problem is my mic is rubbish. I guess I could do some introductionn but it will be terrible. lol I will see what I can do. Here is channel link by the way. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXdQMu5j_-a6xkejMglG1uw/

426Buddy

I just re-read Earth War (in the giant hardcover that has Nightmare Asylum too) and its amazing how silly and bad it is.

Just terrible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed