First Marvel Collection Revealed

Started by Russ840, Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM

Author
First Marvel Collection Revealed (Read 51,583 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I can see both sides.

It sucks that the artists aren't earning for their work, but at the same time Marvel has no legal obligation to pay them, and that's not Marvel's fault. As others have suggested, in some cases it might even be difficult to work out who they should be paying.

Russ840

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 01, 2020, 08:14:40 AM
in some cases it might even be difficult to work out who they should be paying.
It's really not as hard as it's made to sound. Everyone's credited accordingly and many are still receiving royalties.

But Dark Horse wasn't paying everyone royalties to begin with, only a select few. Nelson was getting cheques from the latest reprints -- the guy who wrote Berserker never saw anything after the series was completed.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Sep 01, 2020, 11:20:35 AMIt's really not as hard as it's made to sound. Everyone's credited accordingly and many are still receiving royalties.

To be honest I was mostly thinking of cases where artists may have passed away. I don't really know how royalties work in that scenario.

Quote from: SiL on Sep 01, 2020, 11:20:35 AMBut Dark Horse wasn't paying everyone royalties to begin with, only a select few. Nelson was getting cheques from the latest reprints -- the guy who wrote Berserker never saw anything after the series was completed.

That certainly sheds some light on things though.

Corporal Hicks

Can't not see it now it's been pointed out to me. That's f**king disgraceful. Apparently this guy in particular is known for tracing too. If you want Tristan Jone's art on your covers, hire f**king Tristan Jones.

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, this is really bothering me. Especially given the fact that it is so well documented that Land does this consistently, and Marvel just keeps on hiring him...

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah thats terrible, fire this Land guy and get Tristan. What a disgrace, stealing from othe comic artists.

Looks like he forgot the inner jaw too.

Russ840

Russ840

I said Land is a tracer at the beginning of this thread lol.

Can't believe he has used a recent piece to steal from. Moron and thief.

Hated his knock off cover as soon as I saw it and now even more so.

lightsyder

So one cover is traced, original artist getting nothing, and the other is artwork from a previous release, original artist getting nothing...nice...

Nightmare Asylum

Yep. This book is starting to look like a really shitty presentation overall, despite the quality of the content inside.

Really, really not an impressive way to start your relationship with this IP, Marvel. And an even worse way to start your relationship with these creators.

lightsyder

I was looking forward to collecting these too.  I bought up all the digital editions for Alien, AvP and Predator from Comixology to help Dark Horse get some cash but still wanted this for the bookshelf...

Russ840

Russ840

Even looks like the right arm is traced and just rotated.

F**cking Greg Land.

This cover needs to be binned and replaced. I'll be getting the DM variant either way.

lightsyder

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 01, 2020, 06:23:39 PM

F**cking Greg Land.

This cover needs to be binned and replaced. I'll be getting the DM variant either way.

Is that up for pre-order yet?  I'll probably still cave and get these...I like having physical copies...

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: lightsyder on Sep 01, 2020, 06:30:08 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 01, 2020, 06:23:39 PM

F**cking Greg Land.

Is that up for pre-order yet?  I'll probably still cave and get these...I like having physical copies...

I cant find the preorders yet. They don't normally go for preorder until the solicit has gone out. So i would imagine the preorders will be out when the book is solicited with the December solicits marvel put out later this month.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed