Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 13, 2019, 02:32:05 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat! (Read 62,273 times)

Xiggz456

Kimarhi

Tristan gonna fuk around and be best all time drawer of Alienz. 

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 25, 2019, 11:46:39 AM

This one makes me think of what Little Vasquez saw in the first Colonial Marines series

Whos_Nick

Dark Horse has just cancelled this book following more allegations of sexual misconduct against Brian Wood

https://twitter.com/comicsbeat/status/1167573067024850944

SM

Whoa.  That's huge.

Whos_Nick

I now regret interviewing him for my site and don't know how I feel about even finishing Rescue

Xiggz456

Well that kinda sucks and he's a POS but I was already less than enthused that he was writing Rising Threat to begin with. Dark Horse should hire Mira Grant to take his place. She already writes Spider-Gwen and she essentially created Olivia so it seems like perfect fit for her.

426Buddy

Thats messed up and unexpected.  :o

Samhain13

Samhain13

I knew the ACM name was cursed. First Randy now this guy.

426Buddy

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So glad I fell off of buying his books, and even happier now to see him gone.

But like, this has apparently been going on with him for years so why the hell was he even hired in the first place ???

Bravo Dark Horse, who had to have known about this all along but didn't bother to do anything until it was in the public eye again. Him getting fired should have happened years ago.

EDIT: So looking into this more and there's been stuff out about him publically since at least 2013? :o

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah, I didnt hear about any of it until now.

Immortan Jonesy

So everyone who tries to create something profitable from Aliens - Colonial Marines (may its name be forever cursed) will be fired, end up in jail or dead ???

That sounds f**king creepy actually  :o

Kimarhi

They should've just done a series on the Army FFS. 

SM

SM

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Aug 31, 2019, 12:09:24 AM
Well that kinda sucks and he's a POS but I was already less than enthused that he was writing Rising Threat to begin with. Dark Horse should hire Mira Grant to take his place. She already writes Spider-Gwen and she essentially created Olivia so it seems like perfect fit for her.

Rising Threat was sounding better than Rescue as far as I've read.

A page one re-write of the same basic storyline from someone else could work.  I've only read Echo and Grant's Predator short, but there's no reason she couldn't do it.  Apart from Echo, it's been a mighty long time we've had a woman writing for Alien's female protagonists.  Criminal Enterprise was 2008.  And the only comic I can think of that had a woman writing was Xenogenesis (or co-written in that case).  Kelly Sue DeConnick wrote F & S Omega.  That's not a great record.

And I don't think it should be cheapened by it being about A:CM being cursed.  It's about a guy being an arsehole.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed