Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 13, 2019, 02:32:05 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat! (Read 60,838 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I'm alright without it.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I think it'd be a stretch to say the Earth infestation is some universally hated story. I know a lot of fans who did dig that arc and there's no denying it was those initial series, and the demand for them that proved to a lot of companies that tie-ins could be successful and good.

Would I like to see it again? I'm honestly not sure. I'd certainly love to see a larger, more established colony get taken over. It's just that any Earth invasion would once again bump up against Resurrection. Unless Fox just decides to finally be rid of it...

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

My point is it isn't universally-
Loved or reviled.
And after Resurrection's always an option.

Corporal Hicks

I'd say it's far and away more liked far more than it is disliked. Yes, Earth War/Hive itself is more disliked than it is liked, but most people dig Book 1 and 2.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jul 15, 2019, 07:55:25 AMAnd after Resurrection's always an option.

If they ever want to follow on from the Rage War, Weaver's World was still getting hammered by Aliens at the conclusion of that.

As for the lauded original trilogy - after years of listening to people rave about them, when I finally got around to reading the original trilogy novels, I was amazed by how lacklustre they were.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I don't want anything to follow on from The Rage War.

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 15, 2019, 08:46:16 AM
Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jul 15, 2019, 07:55:25 AMAnd after Resurrection's always an option.

If they ever want to follow on from the Rage War, Weaver's World was still getting hammered by Aliens at the conclusion of that.

As for the lauded original trilogy - after years of listening to people rave about them, when I finally got around to reading the original trilogy novels, I was amazed by how lacklustre they were.

It's generally better with the art.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://www.freaksugar.com/brian-wood-werther-delledera-discuss-aliens-colonial-marines-rising-threat/

Pretty interesting interview. Some details on the general plot of the series, some talk about working on the tie-in angle of it.

Covers for issue 2 are out: https://www.newsarama.com/46239-dark-horse-comics-october-2019-solicitations.html

HuDaFuK

Thanks, I've been looking for a hi-res version of that Tristan wall-of-f*cked to make a phone background out of.

The Kurgan

Tristan's stuff is A+ as usual.

razeak

Two things, didn't know Alien theory was plagiarising. I've only watched a few videos. That's an interesting development.

The first series was pretty hot when it released. I enjoyed the first story quite a bit. I've probably reread that on 20 times. Earth War was pretty disappointing to me. It had amazing covers though.

Kimarhi

Pretty much the same.

Earth War I remember finally finding and being like f**k yeah, and then opening and being like what the hell?

They've slightly grown on me.  I have no idea why.  Earth War should be in the bin with Resurrection and Prometheus, but it isn't for me. 

I'm not even sure how my own brain works sometimes. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

November's solicitations are out but I can't see the frigging covers:  https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08/21/dennis-culver-justin-greenwood-crone-dark-horse-comics-november-2019-solicitations/

Synopsis -

Spoiler
Given the lucky break of finding a mobile water drill rig, Olivia and the marines make their way through the alien-infested Katanga refinery toward the Xenomorphs' nest. Yet how long can their luck last when faced with the onslaught of the perfect killing machine?
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed