Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 30, 2015, 09:43:54 AM

Author
Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete (Read 46,039 times)

overthere

What's up with John McTiernan? I really think he's the one who made Predator into what it is. Let's be honest, from the script alone it could have easily turned out to be a cheesy B movie, forgotten and remembered only when mocking Arnold's bad roles. McTiernan turned it into an amazing action/suspense movie. With all due respect to Shane Black, imagine McTiernan returning to direct the new Predator. The man understands action and pacing. I didn't know who directed Die Hard and the sequels, but it was clear that 1 & 3 were superior to 2. Then I find out it's McTiernan in both of those, and it made sense.

I wonder if he would have considered it if given the opportunity. I know he had some legal problems and even jail time, but I won't get into that. He's brilliant in terms of directing.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 23, 2016, 09:21:28 AM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jan 23, 2016, 01:54:24 AM
The movie world is not supposed to make sense.There is a cigar smoking cartoon cat working in the force.

Exactly. I never understood why people got bent out of shape over the illogical nature of the movie world in LAH. The entire "in the movie" section of the film spends its time pointing out how the movie world is literally just tropes, cliches, and bizarre illogic. Hence all the off-the-wall "buddy team ups" being put together at the police station.

That i did like. I just think they could have removed a couple of things

Randomizer

With all the talk aside, I really do want them to solve any remaining issues and announce it. This single piece of information has been keeping me hyped, I deserve moar !

HuDaFuK

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 23, 2016, 09:21:28 AMExactly. I never understood why people got bent out of shape over the illogical nature of the movie world in LAH. The entire "in the movie" section of the film spends its time pointing out how the movie world is literally just tropes, cliches, and bizarre illogic. Hence all the off-the-wall "buddy team ups" being put together at the police station.

I think the trouble is the bizarre comedic stuff clashes with the dark stuff in a way that doesn't really work.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 25, 2016, 08:57:28 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 23, 2016, 09:21:28 AMExactly. I never understood why people got bent out of shape over the illogical nature of the movie world in LAH. The entire "in the movie" section of the film spends its time pointing out how the movie world is literally just tropes, cliches, and bizarre illogic. Hence all the off-the-wall "buddy team ups" being put together at the police station.

I think the trouble is the bizarre comedic stuff clashes with the dark stuff in a way that doesn't really work.

I agree there actually. If they'd toned down one or the other it would have worked better

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed