It's Official! Prey is Rated R!

Started by Engineer, May 17, 2022, 01:39:44 PM

Author
It's Official! Prey is Rated R! (Read 12,487 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on May 17, 2022, 03:34:57 PM"Nothing like a smell of boiled crab. Mouthwatering"

I'm still holding out hope Steve Wang's Onyx Forge studio (who's involved with Prey) got the Pred head duties. Steve's a vegetarian and doesn't eat meat, including crab. ;D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Honestly this was the one thing really worrying me. I thought it was a shoe-in for an R rating until someone involved with the production seemed to raise some doubts last year.

Great news.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Darkness on May 17, 2022, 03:13:41 PMThere wasn't any doubt in my mind. It's probably less risky for them making it R for streaming platforms than it would if it was a theatrical release.

Excatly, it's not like at the box office where they are compelled to turn away kids.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Hollywood on May 17, 2022, 02:31:57 PMhttps://press.hulu.com/news/2022/05/16/hulu-originals-summer-slate/

Here's the press released they're talking aboutAs a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

So this is interesting... if you look at the credits, towards the end it has both of the Thomas brothers listed as executive producers. I wonder if part of their lawsuit settlement included giving them producer credits...

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I brought it up in the Catch All thread. :)

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2022, 05:22:37 PMYeah, I brought it up in the Catch All thread. :)
Oh my bad! I missed that lol

HumanPredator

HumanPredator

Is there a website that one can go to, to see how many total views a trailer got?  For instance Avatar 2 got 144 mil across all channels that showed it...is there a website that tracks this?

Prey Trailer looks fantastic.  The footsteps running across the woods...the breeze.  That overhead shot.

VincentVegaFFF

Nice to get this confirmed.

Immortan Jonesy

It's Official! Prey is Rated R!= Plenty of Crabs Were Harmed on Set...

Engineer

Engineer

One of the common complaints I see from people is that Comanche women weren't warriors or skilled fighters...

... but, this museum in Texas seems to say the opposite 🤷
Being warriors/fighters might not have been their traditional role in Comanche society but they were still fierce fighters regardless...

https://www.thestoryoftexas.com/discover/artifacts/comanche-woman

GreybackElder

Fantastic news. I hope it's tastefully done like in the original or predators. If we could stay out of the realm of AVPR(gore for the sake of gore) that'd be great.

Neil Steel

Neil Steel

I'm hoping...we may all be surprised by PREY, the potential for a killer film... is there?

SomeGuy

SomeGuy

What kind of Yautja uses their shoulder cannon against someone armed with a tomahawk and bow & arrow. Doesn't seem honorable to me. :P

skhellter

skhellter

where's the honor in shooting someone while fully invisible?

90% of the time, Predators are  assholes abusing their superior tech.
They only rarely look for a fair fight.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed