New 'Predator' Movie Title, Plot Details, and Timeline Revealed by Producers John Davis and John Fox

Started by Whos_Nick, Jul 27, 2021, 09:55:20 PM

Author
New 'Predator' Movie Title, Plot Details, and Timeline Revealed by Producers John Davis and John Fox (Read 25,105 times)

acrediblesource

When a movie repeats itself again spiritually....it could be really great. Kind of like Terminator 2. 

Clubroot

lol he completely dodged the question about the films secrecy. it was 100% due to the og writers lawsuit  ;D anyways, 3/4th of the film is already done so far, so I guess revisiting the first predator offered them a way to get this out by next year.

Kailem

Eh, given that there's no way any of the characters in the movie itself can know that this is supposedly the first time a Predator has ever hunted on Earth I'm just going to ignore that apparent detail, because yeah I don't like it either. Seems stupid to have them lose their first ever hunt here.

And yeah, half-wiping some of these movies from the canon of some of the others is also just kinda stupid. But reading the Collider article, there are also no actual quotes from anyone saying that it's going to be the "first" Predator hunt on Earth, so hopefully that's just some incorrect interpretation from the writer there.

Either way, gonna ignore it because I don't think that's a question that should ever definitively be answered.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 28, 2021, 12:40:31 AM
Eh, given that there's no way any of the characters in the movie itself can know that this is supposedly the first time a Predator has ever hunted on Earth I'm just going to ignore that apparent detail, because yeah I don't like it either. Seems stupid to have them lose their first ever hunt here.

And yeah, half-wiping some of these movies from the canon of some of the others is also just kinda stupid. But reading the Collider article, there are also no actual quotes from anyone saying that it's going to be the "first" Predator hunt on Earth, so hopefully that's just some incorrect interpretation from the writer there.

Either way, gonna ignore it because I don't think that's a question that should ever definitively be answered.

Davis says it in the video interview. Hopefully this is just another case of an overly excited producer.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, I'm not holding too much stock into it... yet.

Quote from: TomT on Jul 27, 2021, 10:21:51 PM
Davis was wise enough to acknowledge how perfect the original Predator movie is, as he even said "it's going to be, I believe, the second best -- or the first... or it may be equal to the first one. Right? I feel like the first one was a wonderful, interesting movie and I know what worked about it. I feel like we kind of never got back there again. We ended up in different places. I think this is a worthy complement to the first one. It's going to be as good."
https://media.tenor.com/images/f944348a197ad592524c2b38c8b9f35d/tenor.gif

Okay, this made me laugh. He says this everytime a new film comes out.

But what else is he going to say, really.

At least it came true for Predator 2!  ;D

Quote from: Clubroot on Jul 28, 2021, 12:02:31 AM
The producer mentions The Revenant. Does this confirm and Bear, Bigfoot, or Wendigo creature played by Dane Diliegro?

Bear, Bigfoot, Wendigo CONFIRMED!!! ;D

Quote from: Clubroot on Jul 28, 2021, 12:22:14 AM
lol he completely dodged the question about the films secrecy. it was 100% due to the og writers lawsuit  ;D anyways, 3/4th of the film is already done so far, so I guess revisiting the first predator offered them a way to get this out by next year.

Actually, we have proof that Skull(s) casting began in January 2020, but was then delayed a year due to the pandemic. So since it was a secret in 2020, we have no reason to believe the secrecy reasoning in 2021 *has changed.

*grammar edit

SiL

Quote from: Clubroot on Jul 28, 2021, 12:22:14 AM
The director wanted to hide the fact it was a Predator film as long as possible - only revealing it's a Predator movie on release. The reveal got spoiled.

Huggs

I guess they couldn't Cloverfield this one.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 28, 2021, 02:00:03 AM
Bear, Bigfoot, Wendigo CONFIRMED!!! ;D

There's actually a recent bad horror about Bigfoot vs Wendigo(s).
Maybe this time it'll be Predator Vs Bigfoot?  ;D

Clubroot

The big twist at the end might be Kee and the Predator vs Bear, Bigfoot, Wendigo   ;D  ;D  ;D  Tag Battle Fight!

Clubroot

So the film is called "Skull" right? I can dig it. Someone read my mind about putting The Misfits Skulls track to Predator film clips lol

Mr.Turok

Well if he said if its anything like The Revenant, then not only the strong dark tone of the film but also the hard R rating is very possible, since I find it hard for them to land on a PG13 by bad luck. AVP was intentionally done PG13, but the producers here basically says "maybe, but we don't know lol". There is still hope for me.

As for the Predator's first journey there, yeah, uhhh, seems like the article's writer on that part as there is no quote to back that statement up. Not to mention that isn't said that Predators have been visiting Earth for at least the past 800 years? Someone over there in production gotta bring that up to their attention just to be sure.

Woke AF

It will be woke af feminism with no mythic quality which made the first one work.

goose_3387

I wish that Davis had just kept his mouth shut. 😅 We hear the same crap before every release.

Possible PG-13... Given the film is titled Skulls I'm expecting to see lots of skull/spine gore. I can see this being chopped to pieces by Disney Editors.

Nukiemorph

His words suggest that they're making the film the way they want to without worrying about hitting a rating. Hopefully that's true. I don't see the point in sanitizing for a PG-13 if you're dumping it onto a streaming service anyway. With theatrical releases, it makes more sense.

As for the "first" Predator visit, I'm curious if and how they'll actually express that it's the first visit in the film. I don't really know how they'd establish that without full-on Predator dialogue, so I don't put much stock in that comment yet.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 28, 2021, 12:40:31 AM

Yeeaahhh. Bias obviously speaking here - as much as I can sometimes enjoy the first one, I don't care about the AvP's being disregarded. But I just do not like the idea that this is the first Predator hunt on the planet. It's too soon for my liking. It erases some really awesome stuff from the Expanded Universe and I just don't want that. That said, like you, I'm not too sure on how they could put that across in the film so maybe we're safe?

That rating comment though...I'm worried there. It's good to know it's conceived as an R and they've not set out to neuter it from the start, but if they cut its throat in the edit for the PG-13...might be one of those moments where I get pushed over the edge.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed