Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 106,747 times)

GreybackElder

When playing as a pred I feel that the respawn time for the fire team is too quick. I'll kill one enemy and he's back before I know it. Also, the quick trophy kill sometimes doesn't work. It's super annoying. Also, it still takes forever to matchmake as a predator.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: GreybackElder on Apr 26, 2020, 07:59:48 PM
When playing as a pred I feel that the respawn time for the fire team is too quick. I'll kill one enemy and he's back before I know it. Also, the quick trophy kill sometimes doesn't work. It's super annoying. Also, it still takes forever to matchmake as a predator.
Respawn shouldn't be removed but god should it be nerfed

Gr33n M4n

A fireteam that sticks together and knows what it's doing is tough to crack.

JokersWarPig

I caved and got int on PC

molasar

molasar

An official website of Bojan Koturanović - the concept artist who worked on the game.

https://www.bojankoturanovic.com/view/24/

Predator Hunting Grounds - Key Art by Rado Markovic (Concept artist at One Pixel Brush)

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aRz2V0

without logo

AnthaiHero

Quote from: molasar on Apr 27, 2020, 05:24:16 AM
An official website of Bojan Koturanović - the concept artist who worked on the game.

https://www.bojankoturanovic.com/view/24/

Predator Hunting Grounds - Key Art by Rado Markovic (Concept artist at One Pixel Brush)

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aRz2V0

without logo

I really wished they had more variety of the art used for the loading screens.

Voodoo Magic

Scout Predator is just too damn squishy. Either make it silent so the team doesn't hear you coming in the trees and increase it's undetectability... or armor it up a bit!

Kailem

Agreed. I like the "stay hidden up in the trees and attack from range" play style that they want the scout to be used for, but it's just too hard to get near anyone without being blasted to pieces because they always know you're there.

Reducing the number of ambient "the Predator is nearby" sound effects and making the cloak better would go a long way towards encouraging more play styles than just "berserker combistick rush".

Voodoo Magic

Indeed. And it's not like the Scout can carry bear traps and motion detection with the medkits. Give it stealthy dammit!!

Corporal Hicks

Someone suggested on the Illfonic boards that the Scout be giving a f**k tonne of gadget slots, and the Berserker barely any and I find myself agreeing with the suggestion.

Voodoo Magic

It would definitely be a step in the right direction.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 28, 2020, 03:27:16 PM
Someone suggested on the Illfonic boards that the Scout be giving a f**k tonne of gadget slots, and the Berserker barely any and I find myself agreeing with the suggestion.

Sure but I'd also tweak the health of both. Slightly decrease the Berzerker and slightly increase the Scout.
Berzerker + Combistick cut through an entire squad and there's barely anything they can do unless they all react instantly.

I'd also counter balance the melee, the combistick is way to powerful
(Best Damages for melee, best Range for melee and is also a one hit kill Throw weapons).
I'd decrease the damage and increase the wristblades which are pretty pathetic (especially for newcomer to the game who only have this weapon for melee and may feel the Predator is weak).
+remove the ability to spot predator because you can spam the key randomly.
OR I would simply not make the Predator visible through wall and decrease the spotting time.
+remove the clicking sound.
That way I think each class has fair chance and provide different strategies to approach a squad.
The scouts relies heavily on trees but since they make noise for now and you can spot them so easily it become a nightmare to play them with high ranking players. On the contrary the Berzerker is way too easy and don't even require you to cloak to take down on an entire squad.

Kailem

I'm ok with the scout not having any gear because he's supposed to stay away from the fire team and not get too close, whereas the traps for the berserker can be good to throw down and then rush in to melee if someone gets trapped in them.

But you're right in that it's a bit silly to even have the option of carrying anything other than a medkit, as if anyone would ever do that.

bendinglight

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Apr 26, 2020, 11:22:37 PM
A fireteam that sticks together and knows what it's doing is tough to crack.

Exactly - with the exception being Beserker, which seems to be able to trounce any team with bull-rushing and the combistick. I despise the Beserker and Support classes - makes it less fun when dealing with tanks like that, imo.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 28, 2020, 04:09:11 PM
I'm ok with the scout not having any gear because he's supposed to stay away from the fire team and not get too close, whereas the traps for the berserker can be good to throw down and then rush in to melee if someone gets trapped in them.

That was the point being made by him - the Scout is supposed to keep out the way, so he needed stuff to make his ranged stuff more useful. Traps to stall the Fireteam. Though all the other weapons do need buffing, I think. Can't just be having the combistick being the only viable weapon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed