Started by Kradan, Feb 05, 2019, 10:28:12 PM

What is better?

The Predator
72 (55%)
AVPR
59 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Author
The Predator VS AVPR (Read 50,704 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Depends upon the story.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on May 15, 2021, 10:23:54 AM
Is "juvenile" the word you're looking for?
That's the one :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 15, 2021, 08:12:18 PM
AvPR to Alien is like Star Wars to Star Trek in a way.

Spoiler
[close]

Let me try this:

The Predator to Predator is like Batman & Robin to The Dark Knight

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

My statement wasn't meant as a measure of quality but rather two different levels of brain engagement, different degrees on the intellectual depth spectrum, but both equally achievable as wonderful pieces of entertainment as long as they're executed properly (but clearly the majority feel AvPR was not executed properly).

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 16, 2021, 06:42:26 PM
My statement wasn't meant as a measure of quality but rather two different levels of brain engagement, different degrees on the intellectual depth spectrum, but both equally achievable as wonderful pieces of entertainment as long as they're executed properly (but clearly the majority feel AvPR was not executed properly).

Wonderful piece of entertainment ? AVPR ?

https://youtu.be/DbvKsqko5mI

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 16, 2021, 06:42:26 PM

I'm not sure about the execution of AVPR, but I think it was smart ananalogy.

Kradan

Kradan

Putting AVPR in the same sentence with Alien, Star Wars and Star Trek is an insult to Alien, Star Wars and Star Trek

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Although they have a cultural and emotional value, they are movies. There's no reason to lose our minds over it.  :laugh: :)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 16, 2021, 07:16:27 PM
Although they have a cultural and emotional value, they are movies. There's no reason to lose our minds over it.  :laugh: :)

Your statement contradicts itself

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Gosh, it's one of those days right? Ok, got it. I won't say anything else  :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Sorry, I don't know what gotten into me there

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 16, 2021, 07:34:58 PM
Gosh, it's one of those days right? Ok, got it. I won't say anything else  :laugh:

I appreciate you trying.  :)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 16, 2021, 09:11:11 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 16, 2021, 07:34:58 PM

I appreciate you trying.  :)

:)🤘

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

I voted AVPR, Wolf is way more bad*ss of a Yautja/ Predator than the Hybrids in The Predator. I enjoyed The Predator, better thab Predators IMHO, but its hard to top Yautja vs Xenomrophs and a Predalien. Something we will likely not see again, in a long time. *sigh*

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 10, 2021, 06:53:01 PM
but its hard to top Yautja vs Xenomrophs and a Predalien

Would be nice if the Aliens didn't just flail and screech uselessly, or the Predalien was designed well, though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed