The Final Dark Horse Releases

Started by RidgeTop, Jul 09, 2020, 01:14:37 AM

Author
The Final Dark Horse Releases (Read 8,264 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Figured I'd make a thread to keep track of the release dates for the last of the Dark Horse Comics, and mark any cancellations as they (hopefully none) come up.

Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood TPB

Release Date: November 4th 2020 (Dark Horse) Confirmed Still Happening

Predator: Hunters III TPB

Release Date: November 4th 2020 (Dark Horse) Confirmed Still Happening

Alien: The Original Screenplay Hardcover

Release Date: December 15th 2020 (Amazon) Confirmed Still Happening

Aliens: The Essential Comics Volume 2

Confirmed Cancelled

Predator: The Essential Comics Volume 2

Confirmed Cancelled

Aliens vs. Predator: The Essential Comics Volume 2

Confirmed Cancelled

Predator: The Original Screenplay

Confirmed Cancelled

j0nesy

j0nesy

great idea! got to say i'm pretty concerned about alien: the original screenplay being released, especially with that date, but since dark horse has already released a preview, hopefully it still sees the light of day

i will probably spring for aliens: the essential comics volume 2 out of these!

Nightmare Asylum

I wouldn't be shocked if a few of these (assuming they are complete, that is) bypass releasing as individual issues altogether and just go straight to trades.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 09, 2020, 02:41:49 AM
I wouldn't be shocked if a few of these (assuming they are complete, that is) bypass releasing as individual issues altogether and just go straight to trades.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, they'll drop the physical individual issues because of the comic distribution problems at the moment and just go for digital and TPB & Hardcover.

Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 09, 2020, 02:39:45 AM
great idea! got to say i'm pretty concerned about alien: the original screenplay being released, especially with that date, but since dark horse has already released a preview, hopefully it still sees the light of day

Yeah hoping so, seems more likely than the Predator one at this point.

felix

felix

Sad to say this but i suspect the Essential Comics may've been cancelled.

They're not part of Dark Horse's upcoming release schedule.

happypred

happypred

The Essentials are just re-releases of stuff in the Omnibuses

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah I also wouldn't be surprised if they bypass the singles and go straight to trades with some of these, given that they've got less than half a year to get this last stuff out, which is ok by me since I was planning on trade waiting anyway.

I'm definitely concerned about the disappearance of Predator: The Original Screenplay from sites though. Given that we saw preview pages of Alien and the first couple of issues of that are still up on Dark Horse's website I'd assume it must have been further along than this was, but man I'm going to be disappointed if it's been canned. Those would have been a great couple of complimentary titles to end Dark Horse's run as a whole on, and it's not going to be quite the same now if we only get the one.

Corporal Hicks

I suppose it depends if they cancelled actual work on the later issues during COVID. Dark Horse has always had problems getting things out on time, so if they don't think work can be finished on the series before needing to be sent to the printers, to get published and distributed...

Kailem

Kailem

That's true. It might not even be a case of "we might struggle to get this out before the Disney deadline" so much as "we stopped work on this months ago, so there's absolutely no way that we even could."

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Ya I was thinking that they may just skip the final two issues of AVP and Hunters 3 and go straight to trade. I do hope that the AVP Essentials Vol 2 still gets released as it has "Sandtrap" which I've never owned a physical copy of.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Releasing the Alien script adaptation on December 15 is rough. They'll only be able to sell it for about three weeks. :-\

RhubarbLeaves

RhubarbLeaves

Highly doubt those Essential editions will be getting released. Predator Volume 2 is showing unavailable on Amazon and delayed everywhere else. Was also hoping for that Aliens one with Sandtrap. Maybe Disney will release that though.

Would be a massive shame if the current series were cancelled. Alien only needs two more issues. Can't see Predator Screenplay going forward. Doubt Marvel will do screenplay comics either  :( I have just thought though, maybe it will pop back up under Marvel since they probably have a lot of planning done for it already? I read Alien 3 screenplay sold well so there's a chance.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 09, 2020, 01:14:37 AM
Predator: The Original Screenplay

Release Date: Unknown. Removed from Dark Horse's website, possibly cancelled.

j0nesy

j0nesy

does the comics moving to marvel mean they'll have to cease selling all past releases digitally, etc?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 09, 2020, 08:58:55 PM
does the comics moving to marvel mean they'll have to cease selling all past releases digitally, etc?

For a time, most likely, until Marvel starts taking over and handling the re-releases themselves.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed