My Alien 5 Idea

Started by StayFrosty, Jul 26, 2020, 05:26:06 AM

Author
My Alien 5 Idea (Read 13,986 times)

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Before I explain my idea, let me state that I have no clue what virtually any existing Alien-5 scripts happen to describe. Any similarities are mere coincidences. What I am basing this off is largely some early theories the '79 writers and directors had about the biology of the xenomorph.

The film would start off with a brand new crew in space, descending on a brand new planet. This planet is years and years away from earth, even travelling beyond light-speed. It has never been explored before. The crew aboard the ship is a scientific exploration team.

After landing and exploring, one of the crew members gets face-hugged and gives birth to a Big Chap Xeno. The crew manages, in some way, to kill the alien. This all happens rather quickly. But once the alien is dead, the ship is surrounded by dozens and dozens more Xenos, which basically destroy and conquer everything and everyone. The only catch is, the exploration team had already sent a distress call back to earth.

Back on earth, and much time later, Ripley-8 is living by herself. She is divorced, has had children, and grandchildren. But everyone, including her offspring, has disowned her due to her fascination with bizarre things, particularly the Xenomorph. One day she gets a transmission – that the exploration team had encountered Xenomorphs living on another planet, and had been dismantled and conquered by them.

Ripley-8 100%, off the bat, agrees to travel to the planet with a space squad of thousands of marines, to battle the Xenomorphs. But when they arrive, they find something no one would ever expect:

There are millions of Xenomorphs living on the planet, and the ones more than a couple years old have gone through a metamorphosis of some kind. They have become intelligent, and cultured... and look different, as well.

Most of the space marines are killed. Despite their intelligence, the Xenomorphs still want to breed, and conquer. A few of the marines, including Ripley-8, manage to retreat, hide, and plan. Their ship is destroyed, however. But they do find a very small group of the first humans who arrived earlier in the film, who have been living there on the planet all this time (not sure how they managed to survive, though – use your own imagination to come up with ideas!).

Not only are the new Xenos more intelligent and cultured than humans, they have adapted their culture to mimic the culture of the first humans who arrived, as well as many other cultures whom they've colonized. At some point they explain their plans to conquer as much of the visible universe as possible.

Now – this is where it might get a bit messy and blurry. I'm not totally sure where to go from here. But what I envision is one of Ripley-8's children, who had been trailing her ship, arriving on the planet and basically telling Ripley-8 to "Grow up, mom", that she's reckless, etc. Ripley-8's child has come to stop her from endangering earth, something that her son/daughter blames her for doing in some way all along.

Upon being slandered by her offspring, yet again, a powerful plot-twist happens – Ripley-8 loses it and joins the Xenomorpths, who gladly accept her due to being part alien herself. Ripley-8 destroys all the humans, and at the end of the film, takes off in a space-craft UFO built by the xenomorphs so they can conquer more of the universe – starting with EARTH.

What I picture is Ripley-8's child (Adult son or daughter) managing to survive the final battle with one or two other humans, and whispering "We're gonna get her".

THE END

PS: One issue I'm having is with how this new planet got infested with Xenomorphs in the first place. But I think it's rather moot. I don't remember much of Alien: Covenant (and I'm glad!). Nor do I care to. I couldn't care less about those movies, so it doesn't matter to me even if they contradict any of this Alien-5 idea. I envision that the Xenos are are species that has been around for hundreds, thousands, or even millions of years. The Space Jockeys seen in the '79 film were not the "beginning" of the Xenomorph, so anything LV-426-related just doesn't matter.

What the ending of this film would do, is pave the way for an Alien-6 movie with the Xenomorphs arriving to colonize earth, now that they not only know of earth's existence, but they also have their saviour, their prophesied Messiah – Ripley-8 with them. She could now be the villain in the Alien-6 film, and possibly after.   

Shinawi

Shinawi

QuoteBack on earth, and much time later, Ripley-8 is living by herself. She is divorced, has had children, and grandchildren. But everyone, including her offspring, has disowned her due to her fascination with bizarre things, particularly the Xenomorph. One day she gets a transmission – that the exploration team had encountered Xenomorphs living on another planet, and had been dismantled and conquered by them.
Add in someone in charge knowing very little (and refusing to be informed) of the Xenomorphs, and misinforming the public to prevent a panic. When the dangers become imminent, he or she would try to hide it to escape the blame... until it becomes impossible to hide.

Kradan

Kradan

As a piece of fan-fiction story, I think this is pretty good. If you invision it as a script for a proper Alien 5 - it needs further polish

Actually, I myself used to come up with some ideas for the next Alien movie just for personal amusement. When I think about them now - they mostly were basically a rehash of Alien (crew on the ship trying to get rid off some Alien - the main difference was that my "new" Alien would be a middle-point between Drone and Queen with some genetic manipulation by humans involved and it would be able to somehow grow eggs out of it's back - yeah, litteraly) Also, something I thought of is Earth invasion with Ripley 8 involved. In that case I tried to replicate Aliens'  dynamic- Ripley 8 would have a daughter and she would be kidnapped by Aliens and in the end Ripley 8 would go into Hive to rescue her a la Newt. I'm not proud of any of these ideas  :D

QuoteAfter landing and exploring, one of the crew members gets face-hugged and gives birth to a Big Chap Xeno. The crew manages, in some way, to kill the alien. This all happens rather quickly. But once the alien is dead, the ship is surrounded by dozens and dozens more Xenos, which basically destroy and conquer everything and everyone. The only catch is, the exploration team had already sent a distress call back to earth.

Why showing crew killing Xeno if they gonna (supposedly) die anyway? And "in some way" isn't a great tool to tell your story. It makes it sound half-baked

QuoteBack on earth, and much time later, Ripley-8 is living by herself. She is divorced, has had children, and grandchildren. But everyone, including her offspring, has disowned her due to her fascination with bizarre things, particularly the Xenomorph. One day she gets a transmission – that the exploration team had encountered Xenomorphs living on another planet, and had been dismantled and conquered by them.

I don't think this quite works for character of Ripley 8 - she's a hybrid of human and Alien, one of her kind and for her just to "just live on Earth, have a husband and kids" is just a bit ... generic. At the end of Resurrection she was clearly set up as outsider, as someone who wouldn't be able to fade into society and just live "a normal life"

QuoteRipley-8 100%, off the bat, agrees to travel to the planet with a space squad of thousands of marines, to battle the Xenomorphs. But when they arrive, they find something no one would ever expect:

I think there's should be some struggle for Ripley 8 on whether to travel to planet of Xenos or not. I guess, you explained before that she's fascinated by them. OK, but you mention "thousands of marines" who I doubt would care much about Ripley 8 wanting to speak with relatives and would just kill her if she interfered with their plans. Also, phrase "thousands of marines" sounds a bit over-the-top for me

QuoteThere are millions of Xenomorphs living on the planet, and the ones more than a couple years old have gone through a metamorphosis of some kind. They have become intelligent, and cultured... and look different, as well.

Most of the space marines are killed. Despite their intelligence, the Xenomorphs still want to breed, and conquer. A few of the marines, including Ripley-8, manage to retreat, hide, and plan. Their ship is destroyed, however. But they do find a very small group of the first humans who arrived earlier in the film, who have been living there on the planet all this time (not sure how they managed to survive, though – use your own imagination to come up with ideas!).

Not only are the new Xenos more intelligent and cultured than humans, they have adapted their culture to mimic the culture of the first humans who arrived, as well as many other cultures whom they've colonized. At some point they explain their plans to conquer as much of the visible universe as possible.

This is definetly my favourite part. It's a bit "batshit crazy" but I like it specificaly for that. The idea of Aliens being more inteligent than it seems fascinates me. Having a whole society of them and them trying to emulate humans is interesting idea - I really mean that. And the idea of these first people who survived is neat too. Many years ago I've read some books written by Russian authours (without any agreement from Fox, of course) and one of them actually portrayed Ripley being somehow resurrected by intelligent Aliens almost right after her falling into bath of molten lead. There's society of intelligent Aliens and Queen Ripley was pregnant with in Alien 3 is here too and becomes sorta her daughter (Aliens extracted Queen from Ripley so she survived). I really liked that dynamic - Ripley slowly warming towards her Alien "baby"

My main problem with that part is basically "they're smart now but they still want to breed and conquer and kill humans" - then why make them inteligent at all if their goals the same ? And I think there should be some more time than "couple of years" for Aliens to reach that level. Also, "explain their plans" - does this mean Aliens gonna talk in English ? With their mouthes ? That's an ... interesting visual

QuoteNow – this is where it might get a bit messy and blurry. I'm not totally sure where to go from here. But what I envision is one of Ripley-8's children, who had been trailing her ship, arriving on the planet and basically telling Ripley-8 to "Grow up, mom", that she's reckless, etc. Ripley-8's child has come to stop her from endangering earth, something that her son/daughter blames her for doing in some way all along.

Upon being slandered by her offspring, yet again, a powerful plot-twist happens – Ripley-8 loses it and joins the Xenomorpths, who gladly accept her due to being part alien herself. Ripley-8 destroys all the humans, and at the end of the film, takes off in a space-craft UFO built by the xenomorphs so they can conquer more of the universe – starting with EARTH.

What I picture is Ripley-8's child (Adult son or daughter) managing to survive the final battle with one or two other humans, and whispering "We're gonna get her".

I like the idea of Ripley 8 becoming the villain of the story and leading Aliens to conquer the world. As I liked the idea of Luke or Rey turning to the Dark Side in new Star Wars movies. Also, for someone who claims he doesn't care for the prequels - do you realise that your idea sounds a bit similair to David's intentions at the end of Covenant ? But you're right - it does get blurry and messy here. Why would Ripley 8 care so much about what her off-spring thinks of her ? And why would THAT push her towards joining Aliens and conquering Universe ? I get it more with David 8 wanting to kill the humans - he's an android so for him millions of people dying doesn't seem that big of a deal, he's not bound by any morals or pity, he was treated shit litteraly since his birth and he sees himself and his creation as superior to humans whom in his mind don't deserve to be the main species in galaxy. I get reasons in that case. I don't get Ripley 8 motivations in your story at all. The ending because of that gets over-the-top and plain funny

QuoteWhat I picture is Ripley-8's child (Adult son or daughter) managing to survive the final battle with one or two other humans, and whispering "We're gonna get her".

I imagine some 80s Arnie movie end like that - not Alien 5

I haven't written all of that ^^^ just to discourage you. I think your story has potential to be interesting and exciting and I like main concepts. My complaints are basically the questions I would have if this was turned into actual Alien movie

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed